What's new

Awaiting Feedback Discussion about writing a new article for CoinBureau

LeacyMcK

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Recently it was brought to our attention that CoinBureau's last PIVX article dated April '23 was out of date, not to mention it focuses on a negative time in PIVX's life. Since that time, PIVX has grown exponentially with listings, use cases, wallet updates and more. The reason for this post is that I personally think we should write a new article because there is too much to update in this one, https://www.coinbureau.com/review/pivx/. For readers that don't know CoinBureau, it is a well known online educational resource that provides information, analysis, and insights into various aspects of the cryptocurrency industry. Coinbureau.com

I have sent them an email enquiring if there is a fee if we write it ourselves, and if there is a fee what does that give PIVX? eg. Do they promote the article on their social accounts? Prioritize it?

The way I see it we have a few options.
1- Send them the parts that need to be updated in the new article and hope it gets done eventually.
2- Send them the parts that need to be updated in the new article and pay Coin Bureau $457 USD to have it moved to the top.
3- Write a new updated article and send it to them. (I will update you here when they reply to my email. )

Please let me know what your thoughts are, whether we should create a new article all together or just update the parts of the article dated April 2023.
Thanks!

coinbureau.png

I think it is super important to get things like that fixed. Perhaps we should 'advertise' for a PIVian to step into the role of "Print Media Liaison" to manage things like this. That person could get typos fixed, or articles rewritten, or arrange for articles to be proof-read for 3rd party authors before they publish etc.

Can start out as volunteer, but if it turns into more work than we realize, they can submit a proposal.

I think it is super important to get things like that fixed. Perhaps we should 'advertise' for a PIVian to step into the role of "Print Media Liaison" to manage things like this. That person could get typos fixed, or articles rewritten, or arrange for articles to be proof-read for 3rd party authors before they publish etc.

Can start out as volunteer, but if it turns into more work than we realize, they can submit a proposal.
Yes, if someone wanted to take the time to volunteer first and go through past publications and sites to update PIVX information that would be great. And as you wrote, they can then submit a proposal. I will think about a post looking for someone to take on the task on socials after I ask in Discord first next week.

Luckily we don't need anyone to write this article as I already volunteered to do it, I have the support of @Jeffrey, Bouilla and @Liquid369 who will make sure the updated content covers what we want and need the world to see.