What's new

PIVX Core Wallet 3.3.0 Mandatory Release (06/18/2019)

jakiman

Administrator

Major PIVX core wallet v3.3.0 been released with some significant changes in zPIV front. .
This is a MANDATORY upgrade so all previous wallet users will need to upgrade asap.
Wallet update enforcement will kick in at approx. June 24th at 11:59pm GMT.

Highlight changes
- zPIV fast public spend capability
- Performance improvements
- Stability improvements
- New statistical info RPC
- Minor GUI updates

Mini FAQ
1. Running 3.2.2 or lower? >>> YOU MUST upgrade to 3.3.0 before June 24th at 11:59pm GMT. (even masternodes)
2. zPIV to PIV conversion? >>> zPIV public spend will be re-enabled shortly after block 1880000 (circa June 30th)
3. pivx-cli masternode CLI not working? >>> Please use new RPC syntax in following link: 2.3.1 GitHub Release Notes

----------

Release Notes
Please take the time to fully read the release notes: Github

----------

Download Link
Download the appropriate wallet binary for your OS from the Github or Website
For Self-compilers, please use "git checkout v3.3.0" to compile. (Not "master")

----------

How to Update
As always, it is recommended to backup the existing wallet.dat file to a safe location before upgrading if you haven’t done so already via File -> Backup wallet and saving it in a different directory with a new name. If you use CLI/Linux, you can backup using the command ./pivx-cli backupwallet. If your wallet is not running currently, you can back up the file “wallet.dat” from e.g. Start -> Run -> %APPDATA%\PIVX on Windows by making a copy elsewhere.

1) Gracefully exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File - Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)

2) Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS.
Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install.
Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon. (copy over /Applications/PIVX-Qt)

3) Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for linux)

4) Once the wallet finishes syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network chain.

5) Upgrade completed.

P.S. If you are a masternode user, you must upgrade both the controller wallet & masternode wallet, then restart the masternode.

----------

FAQ

1) Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. In fact, we recommend everyone to upgrade to the latest wallet to benefit from increased security & stability that comes with it.

2) I'm having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
Please check the Knowledge-base Articles here: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
or ask for help on the #support channel in PIVX Discord @ https://discord.pivx.org

3) My zPIV isn't working / sending / staking after upgrading.
zPIV spending will be enabled on the network shortly after block 1880000.
This will allow new public spend method for version 2 zPIV.
zPIV minting, as well as zPIV staking will remain disabled for the time being.

----------

CREDITS
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release.

Last edited:

Major PIVX core wallet v3.3.0 been released with some significant changes in zPIV front. .
This is a MANDATORY upgrade so all previous wallet users will need to upgrade asap.
Wallet update enforcement will kick in at approx. June 24th at 11:59pm GMT.

Highlight changes
- zPIV fast public spend capability
- Performance improvements
- Stability improvements
- New statistical info RPC
- Minor GUI updates

Mini FAQ
1. Running 3.2.2 or lower? >>> YOU MUST upgrade to 3.3.0 before June 24th at 11:59pm GMT. (even masternodes)
2. zPIV to PIV conversion? >>> zPIV public spend will be re-enabled shortly after block 1880000 (circa June 30th)
3. pivx-cli masternode CLI not working? >>> Please use new RPC syntax in following link: 2.3.1 GitHub Release Notes

----------

Release Notes
Please take the time to fully read the release notes: Github

----------

Download Link
Download the appropriate wallet binary for your OS from the Github or Website
For Self-compilers, please use "git checkout v3.3.0" to compile. (Not "master")

----------

How to Update

1) Gracefully exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File - Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)

2) Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS.
Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install.
Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon. (copy over /Applications/PIVX-Qt)

3) Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for linux)

4) Once the wallet finishes syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network chain.

5) Upgrade completed.

P.S. If you are a masternode user, you must upgrade both the controller wallet & masternode wallet, then restart the masternode.

----------

FAQ

1) Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. In fact, we recommend everyone to upgrade to the latest wallet to benefit from increased security & stability that comes with it.

2) I'm having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
Please check the Knowledge-base Articles here: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
or ask for help on the #support channel in PIVX Discord @ https://discord.pivx.org

3) My zPIV isn't working / sending / staking after upgrading.
zPIV spending will be enabled on the network shortly after block 1880000.
This will allow new public spend method for version 2 zPIV.
zPIV minting, as well as zPIV staking will remain disabled for the time being.

----------

CREDITS
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release.
it is really?????