Term: 1
Cycle Amnt: 50
Total Amnt: 50
Author: MainKoon, Cryptosi
Receiver: Mainkoon
Address: DEY789sVbKAjJ1m2r9T9hpRMRJikoCNWSd
Created: 21st August 2019

Overview:
Recently there has been plenty of interest and controversy surrounding Discord Bots, their usage and costs. Allnodes has come forward with another Bot to add to that complex dynamic. This bot will focus on masternode holders and give them access to various features as described below, some of which are already implemented by other bots
- The easiest access to the network stats in real time without having to leave the chat.
- An opportunity to check or monitor PIVX Masternodes with ease.
- Verification process for Masternode’s owners to get access to a private channel with verified people only.
- Automatic messages about everything you need: new tweets, updates or anything else.
- Impersonators and spam protection to make the PIVX environment more safe place for the community
- Telegram/Discord Bridge to allow people to communicate with each other being inside of different social media.
- Bot’s Dashboard for administration to make interaction with users even more flexible and convenient.

This alliance will have PIVX add the Allnodes bot to the PIVX discord and telegram channels, there is 0 cost for this Alliance.
This bot has already been implemented successfully in Zcoin and Dash communities

Here is the Voting information:

AllianceAllnodes;

hash= 64d2b032cef0883aa11e596e513bf1fb1bad88a6f9b14c01a42e8cc2eb82860c

“mnbudgetvote 64d2b032cef0883aa11e596e513bf1fb1bad88a6f9b14c01a42e8cc2eb82860c yes” to vote in favor

“mnbudgetvote 64d2b032cef0883aa11e596e513bf1fb1bad88a6f9b14c01a42e8cc2eb82860c no” to vote against

"getbudgetinfo 64d2b032cef0883aa11e596e513bf1fb1bad88a6f9b14c01a42e8cc2eb82860c” to check the status

Explicit Details:

Description and Goal Statement:
Allnodes is a Masternodes hosting and monitoring service that allows to host Masternode in a few clicks, monitor rewards, statuses and other useful information. In less than a year Allnodes has become the leading hosting service with $50M total value of hosted nodes, which is 4.5% of the world’s market

Email Address / Website: https://www.allnodes.com/
Github link : Proprietary software
Project establishment date: {established on May, 2017 and publicly launched on October 24, 2018}

Alliance Envoys {The primary contacts for information regarding this alliance}
Allnodes - maiNKooN
PIVX - Cryptosi and @Buer ? (if he's interested in working on this)

Stakeholders (e.g., those with a significant interest in or who will be significantly affected by this project)
PIVX community and Allnodes users and team

Alliance Scope Statement {reason for proposed Alliance}
The primary need, that Alliance identify is to give PIVX community the most simple and convenient tool for getting the latest information about the coin, including market conditions, Masternode’s stats, basic support and other useful features. Allnodes is a team of professional developers, who offer a single solution for all the possible Bot’s options and willing to implement even the craziest ideas because nothing is impossible for us.

Objectives (in business terms)
Add a Bot to Discord and telegram with the following features
- The easiest access to the network stats in real time without having to leave the chat.
- An opportunity to check or monitor PIVX Masternodes with ease.
- Verification process for Masternode’s owners to get access to a private channel with verified people only.
- Automatic messages about everything you need: new tweets, updates or anything else.
- Impersonators and spam protection to make the PIVX environment more safe place for the community
- Telegram/Discord Bridge to allow people to communicate with each other being inside of different social media.
- Bot’s Dashboard for administration to make interaction with users even more flexible and convenient.

Key Deliverables {if any exist} Or What will PIVX get from this Alliance
- Integration of Allnodes bot into PIVX Discord
- Integration of Allnodes bot into PIVX Telegram
- Discussion area for cross community projects based in PIVX Discord at #Alliance_Allnodes

Alliance length {length of time the Alliance is to run for in months, up to 12}
12 Months

What is Expected from PIVX
The only thing Allnodes needs is the community support for Bot to be added in PIVX Telegram and Discord channels

Success Criteria
If the decision about approving Bot is made by voting, it would be good to do the same about renewing the Alliance. If community like the product and how it works - then it’s definitely the best choice to ask people about that.

Major Known Risks (including significant Assumptions) Identify obstacles that may cause the Alliance to fail, Or provide risks to either party
(none considered)
This bot is proprietary, that is the biggest issue for me (Cryptosi)

Payments to PIVX
There will be NO payments for this Alliance in either direction

Communication Strategy
Discussion area for cross community projects based in PIVX Discord at #Alliance_Allnodes

Reviews Planned (indicate what reviews this project plans. Monthly reviews are recommended.)
Reviews will take place each quarter, Volume on platforms will be considered as will Promotion feedback

PPL (universal measurement showing engagement with the community prior to launching the proposal. Include any links to relevant discussions and community interaction. For more info: visit
)
Discussions have been held privately, but plenty of people are members of both communities. It also makes sense to see how the Bot works in some other communities, like Dash or Zcoin. For example in Dash community the Allnodes bot with custom option has provided very helpful tool, which allowed people to follow the progress of big network update. You can also check the user’s feedback in the Allnodes official Discord server on the feedback channel: https://discord.allnodes.com/

Last edited:
I have a number of concerns:

1. Spammy content:

I've heard feedback from some that the Bot messages are very spammy. Since this service is already being offered on other Discords, perhaps screen shots could be added here so we know what to expect?

2. Verification?

The proposal makes the statement; "Verification process for Masternode’s owners to get access to a private channel with verified people only."

As a Masternode Owner, I simply do not see the need for a private channel. All concerns about voting on proposals should be open and not private. Further, in the future we expect to have Stakers voting. So, then there is even less reason for discussions between MNOs only.

Further, it is a major privacy issue for the MNOs, and therefore a security issue for PIVX. Imagine what could be done with a list of identities of MNOs.

3. Bots:

We have many bots running. None of them required an Alliance. I don't see why this bot needs an Alliance either.

4. Closed Source:

It bothers me that the source is closed. We don't know what information it is gathering.

5. Real world identities:

Do we have the real world identities of maiNKooN and anyone else involved?

Sorry - but I can't support this Alliance without the above concerns mitigated and I don't see how they can be.

Last edited:
I have a number of concerns:

1. Spammy content:

I've heard feedback from some that the Bot messages are very spammy. Since this service is already being offered on other Discords, perhaps screen shots could be added here so we know what to expect?

2. Verification?

The proposal makes the statement; "Verification process for Masternode’s owners to get access to a private channel with verified people only."

As a Masternode Owner, I simply do not see the need for a private channel. All concerns about voting on proposals should be open and not private. Further, in the future we expect to have Stakers voting. So, then there is even less reason for discussions between MNOs only.

Further, it is a major privacy issue for the MNOs, and therefore a security issue for PIVX. Imagine what could be done with a list of identities of MNOs.

3. Bots:

We have many bots running. None of them required an Alliance. I don't see why this bot needs an Alliance either.

4. Closed Source:

It bothers me that the source is closed. We don't know what information it is gathering.

5. Real world identities:

Do we have the real world identities of maiNKooN and anyone else involved?

Sorry - but I can't support this Alliance without the above concerns mitigated and I don't see how they can be.

1. I'm in the dash discord with this bot, I dont find it spammy,
2. You sign a message with a collateral address, you dont need to sign with all of them, just one and if you are worried about privacy, make a new account to enter with
2.5 whether or not you see the need for the channel is not really the point, other masternode owners may not like being drowned out by people with smaller stakes and less productive conversation, I know that I personally ONLY monitor the MNO channel in DASH, because the other channels have plenty of 'wen polo' 'wen moon' 'wen privacy' type questions. So consider even though you may not see value in such a place, others probably will, and if they don't they are free to not join.
3. It doesnt, but I told them PIVX cannot officially endorse them in any other way, I am not in the habit of just grandfathering in projects I like for exactly this reason, had we not of completed this process we would of not had the chance to have this discussion, and address the numerous good points you have brought up.
4. I agree -
5. In the absence of an open source, this is another very good point that really should be addressed. If the code was open then the identities become irrelevant. but with closed source, I agree perhaps someone needs to come out of the shadows?

I hope you do support this, I must add however that others have offered similar open source bots that can complete the same tasks. But I have used the ALLnodes service and personally have found them to be helpful and efficient.

Could someone from Allnodes please confirm here that their back end setup does not use 'Phantom Nodes'.
Hello,

Yes, of course. We don't use phantom nodes. That's not a secret, we use Digital Ocean $10 instances and consider that VPS provider as one of the most reliable services on the market. And talking about your first message, here are some additional info to what Cryptosi wrote:
1. I'm not a public person, but our CEO is (a well-known person in Dash community). You can find his Twitter here: https://twitter.com/sephiroth
2. If you'd like to see how the bot messages look, you can easily find it in the official Dash or Zcoin communities (Telegram or Discord). Or you can check a few screenshots here:

Last edited: