What's new

cold staking pivx in 4.2.0

smalkine

New Pivian
especially interested in generating an outside address...... one of the last steps before staking.....is there a formal tutorial for cold staking with pivx??? i have seen a youtube that started with the secondary address already within the wallet?? thanks for any and all help!

thanks for your quick response...i am having a little trouble with generating outside wallet....response is 'staking address corresponds to this wallet, change it to an external node'....what shall id do??

@smalkine The cold staking address should be on an external wallet that holds no funds. for example an instance of PIVX running on a VPS for the sole purpose of being a cold staking node.

i do have a ledger nano so i guess thats the way but i did see in a tutorial what i 'thought' was a wallet within the pivx wallet ...still interested to see how it was done
again, thank you for your help little busy today get to it tomorrow

ok..i went into a separate DESKTOP MAC to use ledger nano s live to find a pivx address to use...the address was generated on the ledger itself..i then entered the address into the separate LAPTOP MAC as per the instructions in the tutorial you gave me...when i locked the wallet and unlocked for staking ..PIVX wallet shows no amount staked...in the staking rewards side of wallet..when checking the history i can see the .00004PIV stake delegation fee and the delegation details...sent to two diff addresses ..the 863.0 PIV and the 0.33996PIV ...below that the coin inputs...fee N/A..date confirmations 56..status confirmed...still worried about where to 863 went..i have 10k more to go with since i did at one time have a node running but i need to confirm i did things correctly but i have my doubts...i did see that it is likely the coins wont show up on ledger nano s as stated in the tutorial..i did try to see in the blockchain snapshots (thats a whole nother bag of worms there) please advise thanks...i hesitate to attach any files as not sure about addresses etc

Hey @smalkine the 863 PIV will go to the owner address you specified, this could be the one on your ledger nano. You have to use the tool as mentioned in the guide above to spend cold staking piv and rewards.

i guessed i missed that last step with the contextual menu drop:::clicked on Stake:::gave it a label:::delegated balance history shows total staking:863 PIV::purple address highlight shows Staking:::so i guess im ok?
the PRESENT icon (next to the snowflake icon) is not lighted and shows : staking not active : when scrolled over
home page right side staking rewards amount of piv and zpiv staked is 0 both sides: would that normally show the 863 i delegated if done correctly?
checked my nano : no PIV in my account : im not sure if it would show up or just the rewards when arrived??
sorry to be a bother

Last edited:
Your total PIVX balance of 863 will be in the wallet address you specified, either on your ledger nano or your PIVX wallet. Rewards will go to this address too.

The right side only shows balances earned from staking which will be 0 to start with

I have PIVX tokens in my wallet that are Cold Staking. I can't seem to figure out how to un-stake them so they return to the owner's address. Please help?

CONTACTLESS DINING SOLUTION - DIGIMENU
Speaking about food, the very first idea which hits in our mind would be restaurants, and thanks to this pandemic which is going on called CORONA has made everyone's life like hell.
Earlier, whenever someone use to feel hungry, the most comfortable option was to go to any restaurant and order some food over there with the help of menu cards, which is placed on the table.
But as CORONA has hit us hard, everyone is thinking about their safety first, which is a wise decision after all, that's why they are killing their hunger for eating something delicious, something which is really mouth watery.
As these problems are arising because of the disposable menu cards so we have decided to launch our new brand called DIGIMENU, which will help to place your order digitally. The process is really simple; you have to follow these simple steps, which are mentioned below:
PROCESS:
Step 1:Scan the QR code.
Step 2: 122763491_183114800134093_3077633891772893188_o.jpg.
And it's done………
OBJECTIVE:
Our main aim of launching this brand is safety of customers. on the other hand, as this is entirely online process, it brings more advantages to it additional then the safety of consumers. Some of it's benefits are listed below:
1)It is less time-consuming.
2)No need for a vaitor to place your order.
3)Enhance the customer experience.
4)Provides discount coupons from time to time.
5)Automatically changes done on the menu according to the seasons.
6)Restaurants will force no extra charges.
7)It creates a more memorable experience.
8)It is convenient and easy to use.
9)It can be a good marketing strategy to advertise the newly added dishes on the menu.
10)It can build stronger relationships with customers as they can connect with them virtually.
So because of the reasons which are listed above, our company thought of introducing our brand in the market called DIGIMENU, which helps the customer to place their order safely.

122763491_183114800134093_3077633891772893188_o.jpg