What's new

Archived Core-Dev-Network

danielle

Pivian
Eric_Stanek
Jul '18

Issue:
We have a very limited budget due to the massive market correction. This has caused considerable confusion and politics regarding the Treasury voting.
Not sure why, but because of that, it seems no one is submitting a new proposal to better compensate the developers.
Solution:
I am submitting this proposal to ensure we have a ‘safe place to land’ for now until the development funding issue is resolved.
Note that the payment address for this proposal is the same address as for the ‘core-dev-fuel3’ proposal that @s3v3nh4cks submitted. As such, @s3v3nh4cks would be the person managing these funds. Not myself.
Description:
It is my understanding that 5 developers at 20 hrs per week, is enough to maintain the network, and also resolve bugs and stability/performance issues as time permits.
I am thinking those 5 are; @Fuzzbawls , @Mrs-X , @random.zebra , @furszy and @warrows. But, the Developer Team knows best, and they can decide who does what.
5 devs x $15,000 per month full time == approx 20,000 PIV if they each work 20 hrs per week. I have rounded up this proposal to 21,600 to represent 50% of the budget.
The idea is that this new proposal MUST PASS to ensure the PIVX network remains supported. As such, the logic is that voting for this proposal should take priority over the current ‘core-dev-fuel3’ proposal if you only want to vote for 1 of them.
Totally up to the Development Team, but it is my suggestion that if the current ‘core-dev-fuel3’ proposal passes, it be spent on finishing up existing work, and the current Road-Map be put on hold.
All this should be considered temporary until we get the Development Team funding issue properly resolved. Perhaps the bull market will return shortly, and this funding issue will then fix itself.
I expect that this will generate lots of discussions that will help inform and educate the community, especially Masternode Owners that have not been voting. That would be awesome.
Requested Budget:
21,600 PIV per month, for 3 months, be paid to the Development Team.
Voting Details:
Vote Yes:
mnbudgetvote many fba1e574fad88a31b9957d502cd22a32ac238d5ab22c48e57a60b751c3ea9846 yes

Vote No:
mnbudgetvote many fba1e574fad88a31b9957d502cd22a32ac238d5ab22c48e57a60b751c3ea9846 no

Get Info:
getbudgetinfo "Core-Dev-Network"