What's new

Resolved Funds lost in transaction to *destination* (TX-ID unknown) ***SOLVED***

Qwuark

New Pivian
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum so bare with me... ;-)

On 07/02/2020 @ 13:32 GMT+1 i transferred my funds from the PIVX Core wallet to *destination*
Transaction notification is OK, also confirmation counter is running but funds have not arrived.
Contacted *destination* support and they informed me that there is a number missing in the TX-ID. (?)
To this date funds are gone; my PIVX wallet shows a balance of -0- , so does the *destination* wallet balance.

Below the version of PIVX-core wallet;
PIVX Core version v3.4.0 (64-bit)
Copyright (C) 2009-2019 The Bitcoin Core Developers
Copyright (C) 2014-2019 The Dash Core Developers
Copyright (C) 2015-2019 The PIVX Core Developers

Below the TXID information
Date: 07/02/2020 13:32
To: *deleted*
Debit: -2305.74433080 PIV
Net amount: -2305.79000000 PIV
Transaction ID: *deleted*
Output index: 0

Also reconfirmed *destination* wallet address; all OK and address is correct.
Searching on the PIVX blockchain shows that the TX-ID is unknown.

Can anyone help me with this problem, pls and explain what went wrong?
Thank you all!

Warm regards,
Q

Last edited:
Hi all,

Hope to hear from anyone with a definitive solution to recover my funds, please!!!

Warm regards,
Q

Hey, sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for reaching out. The transaction you linked does not exist. Your node wallet is more likely forked
Fork - In general terms, a fork is a divergence like a fork in a road. The most common use of this term in cryptocurrency is for code or chain forks. In both situations, the data leading up to the fork will match, but after the fork it will differ between the forks.

The easiest way to solve this is to follow the instructions at snapshots.pivx.org
for any further question feel free to join our discord: discord.pivx.org and Telegram channel: t.me/pivxchat

Hey Buer,

Thx for the help; problem solved.
I will take a moment below to explain the way i took to help all future "victims" ;-) of a spontaneous (wrong) fork in wallet and what to do to recover the funds;

1st measure;
--> took backup from old wallet.
--> downloaded snapshot.
--> followed instructions (but could not find the directories and files to delete) unzipped and installed in data wallet.
--> restarted wallet but no response and same result;
--> same blockchain info
--> same final result (amount gone and status noted as "confirmed")

2nd measure;
--> upgrade PIVX Core wallet from version 3.4.0. to version 4.0.2. (had my backup anyway)
--> started wallet, went to "debug console" and to "wallet repair"
--> first tried to "rescan blockchain file".
--> (didn't work) --> least drastic measure (takes 10 minutes)
--> took last resort option; "delete local blockchain"; deletes the entire blockchain and rebuilds from scratch (took about 16 hours with Dell Alienware i9; just to give an idea) (very drastic!)
--> this worked; old transaction above now noted as "conflicted" and total funds are now back in my wallet.

Thanks for putting me on the right path and the help offered.

Can go back to sleep now... ;-)

Warm regards,

Q