What's new

Archived PIVX Class Phase 3

danielle

Pivian
Fused_Helios
Jun '18

Phase 3 Abstract:
This proposals continues the efforts of PIVX Class. Phase 3 is much the same as Phase 2, but with more specific content objectives. Phase 2 had a heavy focus on promotion, this will continue to be the case. Phase 3 will use leftover funds marked for promotion from Phase 2 to continue promoting classes. The allotment for promotional funds is moved to standard funding due to the poor performance of PIVX and the crypto market. This avoids having to increase the PIVX Class budget.
There is also an important correction at the end of this post before voting details. It affects previous budget decisions, please read.
Phase 3 Detailed:
Content Objectives:
  1. Explained Super Fast - A new short format for videos where we define key terminologies and topics within crypto. These are particularly intended to be used as tools within a knowledge database. Many people prefer video over reading for learning about different topics. So, these videos combined with a written knowledge base should be able to cover everyone. It is also my belief they appeal to those who are looking to understand crypto, but don’t want to watch a 10 minute video on every subject. Weeks where these are created will have 2-3 instead of one video.
  2. PIVX Basics Redo - This will be a core piece of Phase 3. The channel has advanced considerably since we first created PIVX Basics. Audio, visual, presentation, and even writing have all improved drastically. It is my belief that some of the most important videos on the channel, to this day, are the PIVX Basics videos. They target those getting into cryptocurrency who have yet to pick their first coin. They need to understand the greater cryptocurrency world and at the same time why PIVX is a good choice. If we recreate the series, we’ll be presenting them with a much improved sales pitch, so to speak.
  3. Why Cryptocurrency - This series is focused on motivation for people to get into cryptocurrency. These videos can be presented to people trying to decide if they should get involved, but there is likely more value in simply remembering the points made and presenting them yourself. Talking about why can be a little under-appreciated, but it is important. That being said, I have no intention of creating more than one per month and I will likely only make about 3 through this phase.
  4. Standard Format Videos - These are the ones you have become accustomed to seeing where we dive into topics like zPoS or Deterministic Seed Backups. They are anywhere from 6-10 minutes usually. It is my growing belief that this longer format is not always the way to go. Hence the creation of the short format videos. With longer format, we’ll be delving into some experimental types of subjects we haven’t really gotten into previously.
Promotional Progress and Planning:
Dealing with the major outlets for promoting online content has proven to be troublesome. As such, most of the budget from the last Phase has not been spent. Some was used in alternative promoters, but the engagement results were fairly unsatisfactory. Good news however, Google Adwords has recently approved the channel. With that, we can now advertise on YouTube itself. I particularly believe that promoting some of the short format “Explained Super Fast!” videos should be fruitful. Most people are not willing to watch a 10 minute pre-roll ad.
We have about $2000 left in funding from the last phase. Due to the poor performance of the greater crypto market, PIVX, and the fact that we have this extra promotional money. I have decided to roll the 100PIV/month previously slated for promotion into the main portion of the budget. During the last phase, there has been little money to spend on equipment or studio upgrades.
Effort:
I (@Fused_Helios) commit to releasing educational video content on a regular basis. This includes a minimum of 1 standard standard format or 2 short format videos per week. Target time for videos will be 4pm EST on Thursdays. This is not a firm guarantee however. It is also subject to change if something superior is found.
I will manage the PIVX Class Social Media accounts. Currently including, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
I will manage the paid promotions for PIVX Class. Currently includes Google/YouTube Adwords.
I will manage and verify the work of those who assist me whether they are paid or volunteer.
Duration:
Four Months.
Cost:
500 PIV/month (Includes my time, software, equipment, outsourced work, and miscellaneous expenses)
Total: 2000 PIV
PIVX Class Vision:
PIVX Class is meant to be more than a marketing tool for PIVX. It is an extension of this community’s attitude towards the crypto-sphere as a whole. Pivians historically have been more than willing to speak well of other projects that are also pushing the envelope. We do more than just shill for PIVX, we promote the dream of a world that fully utilizes cryptocurrency and Blockchain technologies. PIVX Class is intended to be an embodiment of that greater good mentality. While the channel distributes content that educates people on PIVX related topics, it also aims to release videos that educate newcomers on topics of cryptocurrency that are not related to PIVX. This can include mining, Blockchain identity, coloured coins, or whatever else a new resident of the crypto-sphere may want or need to know.
PIVX Class Morality:
It is important to touch on what rules of morality PIVX Class follows. It is true, PIVX Class has two goals. One is to educate people, both in PIVX and in Cryptocurrency. The other goal is to promote PIVX. That promotion of PIVX can lead to a number of decisions that affect morality. For instance, when talking about Proof of Work, it can be questionable for me to compare it to Proof of Stake and declare PoS superior. Clearly I am bias by my affiliation with PIVX, so injecting opinion is dangerous territory. Furthermore, the channel must stay entirely separate from financial advice. While it is arguably one of the biggest topics to discuss and educate people on in cryptocurrency, it is not a topic PIVX Class can ever fully address. This leaves me with two moral guidelines that you as PIVX “Stakeholders” should understand govern my decisions.
I do not compare the quality of coins or make judgments on coins.
I do not provide “financial education.”
Special thanks:
@Hanna and her translation team for their work in translating the videos into several languages.
@veramis for volunteering to edit the scripts and give me a second opinion before I release the videos.
@Bouilla for mastering the audio of PIVX Class.
IMPORTANT: Retroactive Budget Decision
In Phase 2(PROPOSAL: PIVX Class Phase 2), I wrote that 150 PIV a month would go to promotional spending. With the poor performance of the crypto market, I made the decision to only cash out 100 a month for the promotional budget. The cost of equipment, software, and basic needs was exceeding the 350PIV/month budget set aside for those needs. I realize many wouldn’t sweat this too much, but I’m a bit of stickler. If you vote yes on this proposal, you are including your approval of my decision to alter my budget distribution. HOWEVER, if you wish for PIVX Class to continue, but do not approve of this redistribution, please comment or DM me. If anyone voices a concern, I will assemble an off-chain vote on the matter.
Voting Details:
PIVX-Class-Phase-3
hash= 7412c3844a7d5e69185ba26dbf967d9067d9c8226afe6064e4c0d54d41cfba3d
“mnbudget vote-many 7412c3844a7d5e69185ba26dbf967d9067d9c8226afe6064e4c0d54d41cfba3d
yes” to vote in favor
“mnbudget vote-many 7412c3844a7d5e69185ba26dbf967d9067d9c8226afe6064e4c0d54d41cfba3d
no” to vote against
"mnbudget getinfo PIVX-Class-Phase-3” to check the status