What's new

Archived PIVX Manifesto 2.0

danielle

Pivian
Pivxftw
May '18

PIVX Manifesto 2.0 Proposal
I am creating a proposal to update the PIVX Manifesto. I understand the PIVX Manifesto is the cornerstone of PIVX (and makes PIVX different from every other crypto, these changes will likely make it even more so), so to update it is daunting. To be clear, the principles of the Manifesto largely remains unchanged in this proposal (it is the the core reason I joined this community). However, I feel the current wording and format has some issues. Cryptosi has recommended that I develop this proposal for the community to vote on.
Current issues with the current PIVX Manifesto
The currently accepted PIVX Manifesto is as follows:
PRIVACY is non-negotiable, it’s a basic human right.
FREEDOM is everything.
TECHNOLOGY is advancing, GOVERNANCE must also.
Privacy ALLOWS the freedom to share what you wish with EVERYONE, but also the freedom to RESTRICT who sees your information.
We believe this is each person’s CHOICE. GOVERNANCE is used to further objectives and FUND development.
The DAOs are untouchable.
Join us WHEN you like, WHY you like, and, for AS LONG as you like.
Let’s explore ALL the options TOGETHER. You are IMPORTANT to US,
It’s TIME we harnessed your FULL potential.

As a first time visitor to the website a year ago, here were some of my initial observations:
  • Agree with the principle of Privacy
  • Freedom is everything… It’s important to PIVX, but why? What does this really mean?
  • Yup, Technology is advancing
  • Governance must advance… Governance of what? Governance itself? Governance of other things?
  • Ok, back to privacy. Agree with this statement.
  • This is each person’s choice… What’s this referring to? Privacy? Governance? It talks about governance as part of the same line…
  • Ok, back to governance…. Governance is used to further who’s or what objectives? The users? The community? The technology? The Project?
  • Fund development of what? Assuming technology… Does this include the community?
  • DAOs… I think I remember what that means (Google-ator), oh right…
  • Untouchable, you mean invincible? Unobtainable?
  • I can join when I wish, and for as long as I wish. Ok, it’s an open community.
  • Why I wish… For whatever my motives are… Regardless of whether it’s good or bad? Hmmm…
  • Explore all options… what options? Explore everything?
  • That’s definitely cool that PIVX cares about the individual person
  • PIVX harnessing my full potential? Shouldn’t this be a two way street? I’m not sure I want to be used… that way…
Then I looked again more at the text:
  • There are a lot of words in CAPS. Is there a theme or pattern? Why the emphasis?
  • 10 minutes later… nope, no theme or pattern.
Proposed PIVX Manifesto 2.0
Here is what I am proposing for the PIVX Manifesto resolving some of the items I observed above:
———————————
The PIVX Manifesto
———————————
PRIVACY is non-negotiable.
FREEDOM is everything, EMPOWERING us with a choice to do what is good.
PRIVACY allows us the FREEDOM to share what we want with EVERYONE, but also the FREEDOM to restrict what we share with ANYONE.
TECHNOLOGY is advancing and the Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) along with it. GOVERNANCE of both must therefore be agile.
GOVERNANCE safeguards and allocates resources to DAO objectives and TECHNOLOGY development.
COMMUNITY is the means by which we GROW and THRIVE. FAMILY is the means by which we leave a lasting LEGACY.
YOU are important to US.
TOGETHER, let us explore the FUTURE. It is time WE harnessed our FULL POTENTIAL.

———————————
The following is a comprehensive version of the manifesto in detail. This can be incorporated into the PIVX White Paper and other mediums:
———————————
The PIVX Manifesto (Comprehensive)
———————————
PRIVACY is non-negotiable.
Privacy is the state or condition of being free from being observed or disturbed by other people and is a right that justifiably belongs to every person. Each person has ownership over their own information and actions. This is the basis for being an individual and a human being. Without privacy, that ownership is taken away degrading a person as an individual and a human being.
FREEDOM is everything, EMPOWERING us with a choice to do what is good.
Freedom is the power to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint. This power gives an individual the choice to do what is good. Without freedom, there is no ability for an individual to choose what is good, an individual can only do what is laid out before the him or her by someone else.
PRIVACY allows us the FREEDOM to share what we want with EVERYONE, but also the FREEDOM to restrict what we share with ANYONE.
Privacy and freedom are complimentary. By maintaining privacy of one’s own information and actions, an individual is empowered with the freedom to choose what to share about themself. The individual retains ownership of his or her own information and actions.
TECHNOLOGY is advancing and the Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) along with it. GOVERNANCE of both must therefore be agile.
Governance is conducting the policy, actions, and affairs of an entity, which consists of control, influence, and regulation. Governance is essential in any human endeavour. Without governance, there is only chaos. Relevant governance is agile, adapting to the needs of the organization as quickly as the environment changes.
GOVERNANCE safeguards and allocates resources to DAO objectives and TECHNOLOGY development.
Good governance enables and protects the entity and its core principles. PIVX is a DAO founded upon the most advanced technology. Governance of the DAO must safeguard PIVX’s objectives and technology, in addition to enabling advancement for both the DAO objectives and technology through effective allocation of resources.
COMMUNITY is the means by which we GROW and THRIVE. FAMILY is the means by which we leave a lasting LEGACY.
The strength of a DAO is entirely based on the strength of the relationships within the community. As new relationships are built, the community grows and matures. Members of the community then grow stronger in their connection to each other as they share life together through fellowship.
Within a community, some have relationships that are like family. These relationships are more special than others. Unlike relationships within a community where people easily come and go, family stick together through good times and bad. They challenge each other to make each other better. And, they bring their best to give the next generation a lasting legacy.
YOU are important to US.
Every individual is important because they are a fellow human being. PIVX is also a community and family composed of individuals. Therefore, every individual is important to PIVX.
TOGETHER, let us explore the FUTURE. It is time WE harnessed our FULL POTENTIAL.
We are all on a human endeavor called life. PIVX is a community and family of people that is unified in this journey. Together, we can embark on this journey into the future. Together, we can harness our full potential and determine where the journey leads.
———————————
I liked the CAPS idea to highlight themes. Here how I chose which words to make CAPS:.
Theme 1: Privacy, Freedom, Empowering, Everyone
Theme 2: Governance, DAO, Technology
Theme 3: Community > Fellowship & Growth, Family > Legacy
Theme 4: Unity (You+Us=Together/We) towards our destination (Future, Full Potential)
This concludes my proposal to change the PIVX Manifesto. Please provide any feedback so that I can make improvements prior to advertising and submitting this proposal for a vote.
Once passed this manifesto should be published immutably by the official PIVX Steemit account ‘@pivx’ and onto the PIVX website. Marketing should also use this as material for spreading the word about what PIVX is about (especially in Social Media, Conferences and Meetups).
I will be asking for 75 PIV total from the budget.
  • Proposal listing (50 PIV)
  • Activation (5 PIV)
  • Researching, drafting, coordinating with the community (20 PIV)
Thank you for your consideration.
PIVXFTW
PIVX_Manifesto_2.0;
hash=
“mnbudget vote-many f806eb41db11d66c4a5e225c9efb8ea2af8da62a7644cdb26aed5c53f9770ef4 yes” to vote in favor
“mnbudget vote-many f806eb41db11d66c4a5e225c9efb8ea2af8da62a7644cdb26aed5c53f9770ef4 no” to vote against
"mnbudget getinfo PIVX_Manifesto_2.0” to check the status