What's new

Archived PIVX Website 2.0 - REBUILD ++

danielle

Pivian
RedByrd
Jun '18

Hello!
Update to the Proposal:
Currently (based on feedback from the community) - the cost seems to be the number 1 stumbling block for this project.
I have made a few revisions and considerations based on this feedback from the community.
I am asking for 200 PIV from the treasury for this month to secure commitment from the wider community that they DO want a new website built and that they will lean on the review and feedback from the initial 13 community members collected to review agency proposals. Currently the vote still stands with Studio Science being the number 1 choice IF we can source the $80,000. Following the vote (assuming that it is a YES), we would then move to a crowd funding campaign where the funds will be held in Escrow. We would be first aiming to secure the initial deposit for the website build, upon which time we can begin the website build process. If we are unable to crowdfund the initial deposit - we will then step back and open up discussion to the wider community to our alternate options.
I am asking for 250 PIV from the treasury for this month to secure commitment from the wider community that they DO want a new website built and that they will lean on the review and feedback from the initial 13 community members collected to review agency proposals. Currently the vote still stands with Studio Science being the number 1 choice IF we can source the $80,000. Following the vote (assuming that it is a YES), we would then move to a crowd funding campaign where the funds will be held in Escrow. We would be first aiming to secure the initial deposit for the website build, upon which time we can begin the website build process. If we are unable to crowdfund the initial deposit - we will then step back and open up discussion to the wider community to our alternate options.
There are a couple of reasons why I feel it is important at this stage to submit the proposal.
1. There has been a tremendous amount of hours committed to this project by various community members and I think overall moving to a robust, updated and dynamic website can only help PIVX move forward.
2. To-date, although there has been a lot of discussion about free websites - to my knowledge nothing has materialized. Also, within those discussions, we have never been comparing apples to apples, in fact most times it has been apples to watermelons. Unfortunately in my opinion, we need to go through a step-by-step process with a agency to help keep a project like this moving forward. With a paid project and contract, accountability becomes stronger and timelines shorter.
3. I feel it is very important to have community commitment to not only the concept of a new website build but also to the concept of developing a core group of people that will help get this done from the PIVX side. We would need to onboard this team during the crowdfunding process to help get this completed.
4. To move forward with the project, there will be outlying items that will need to be aligned in order to make the launch successful. For example, CryptoKristen has mentioned having a SEO partner that would need to work with Studio Science to optimize the SEO.
5. We need to remove politics from the overall wellbeing of the PIVX brand and development. Lets move forward as a PIVX team and build a new robust website that we can all get behind. I feel that I am a neutral party, and can help navigate with a strong team a great website build. Although many of you do not know me well yet, please feel free to ask around with those that have been involved with the PIVX 2.0 project to-date or DM me I would be happy to chat.
Submitting this proposal allows the community to vote on whether this is the direction they want to go or not. I would like to vote on this and then see if we can crowd fund enough money to get started. Hopefully, in the upcoming months the coins value will increase and we may have a little more room in the treasury to help support the second half of the build.
ORIGINAL PROPOSAL DETAILS
The current PIVX website has been up for just over a year. It has been added onto as needed and has done a great job to-date for supporting the PIVX brand. That said, you can also see the need for an updated and more robust site that communicates key messaging and brands to a wider audience to help propel PIVX to the next level. With that, we are coming to the community with a recommendation to rebuild the PIVX website. I will outline the details below as much as possible, however, I welcome any discussion / feedback from the community.
This is a pre-proposal and we look forward to modifying the proposal and submitting an update copy upon receiving feedback from the community.
The overall goal is to create an amazing PIVX 2.0 website, and I think that with the experience and expertise within the PIVX community, we have everything we need to make this happen.
THE OBJECTIVE:
Build a new PIVX website that will help drive PIVX to the next level. The website will be targeted towards both those that are either new / newer to the Cryptocurrency world (and act as an educational portal) as well as experienced users (and deliver the more technical details in a clean and efficient way). The website will be built in a way to target the users experience / knowledge level and then guide them to appropriate content to advance their learning.
When considering a new/newer user, the primary goal is to decrease the tech verbiage and build a friendly avenue that offers answers to common questions and builds overall confidence in Cryptocurrencies (and PIVX) through education, thus positioning PIVX as an entry level portal & opens PIVX use up to a wider audience.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO-DATE? (Please see below for more information on these steps)
First I would like say thank-you to everyone that has contributed to the process to-date. Every proposal needs a starting point and this one needed input from more than 1 voice. We needed your advice and opinions to help us get to this stage, so again thank you.
Both a review of the current sites content & structure as well as new content topics and development needed to be consider before we could make any solid recommendations on the direction to take the new website.
To do this we took several steps in preparation for this proposal.
Step 1: RESEARCH
Talk to a group of new users over a period of time when they are learning about the Cryptocurrency market. We captured the feedback and discussions from a group of 8 people over a course of 3 sessions and finalized this into a report that we used as an initial basis for our New User discussion.
Step 2: SITE CONTENT MINDNODE
Based on the existing website as well as the new content considerations, a content mind-node was created to reflect the robust nature and possible content requirements for the website. This was used as part of the base discussions with agencies.
Step 3: FORM AN INITIAL GROUP of PIVians to help us vote on an agency of choice
Formulate an initial group of PIVians that will help define the skill sets required for a new website build and help analyze proposals from various agencies / studios.
Step 4: AGENCY PROPOSALS
Connect with recommended agencies of choice and review the overall needs and requirements for the site build. Proposals and estimates were requested at this stage with the understanding that there may be some shifting to the final content / structure based on the final needs for PIVX. There were a couple of agencies that were added to the process when we were very close to the vote stage. To ensure we were being as open as possible, we pressed pause on the vote to include these new agencies. We want the best possible choice and wanted to remain considerate to all recommendations.
Step 5: VOTE ON TOP 2 AGENCIES OF CHOICE
Review proposals and estimates - narrow down to a top 2 choice.
Step 6: AGENCY PROPOSAL - PHASE 2
Re-engage with the top 2 agencies to take the conversation to the next step and answer a list of questions compiled from the feedback and response from those who were voting.
Step 7: FINAL VOTE OF AGENCY OF CHOICE
Final vote from the group of 13 PIVians to finalize the top recommendation from the group to bring to the overall PIVX community.
WHAT DO WE SEE AS OUR NEXT STEPS? (Please see below for more information on these steps)
Step 8: FUNDING
In order to secure an agency to begin the process, we need to secure a deposit and finalize an overall payment plan for the website build. Please see funding details below. We also need a Project Manager to be the liason between the PIVX team and the Agency Team. I will be submitting an independent Proposal to Project Management the website build.
Step 9: CONTENT
Build new content, polish and revise the existing content as needed - Internal PIVX content team
Step 10: PIVX WEBSITE 2.0 TEAM
Define a team that will help represent the PIVX community as a whole and guide the development of the project with the Agency.
Step 11: LAUNCH
Official website launch (Of course there will be hundeds of steps between Step 10 & 11, but for the sake of condensing content in this proposal lets just say LAUNCH!)
CRITICAL PATH
Throughout this process, it will be important to utilize the PIVX Website 2.0 team to keep the project moving forward to fruition. I trust that this team will make solid and responsible decisions regarding the build. There will also be pivotal stages in the development when bringing concepts / decisions to the wider PIVX community will be a huge asset. We will be building these stages of integration into the build process upon funding and project approval.
RESEARCH
A focus group of 8 people who were 'new to crypto’ were pulled together for a commitment of 2-3 hours for 4 sessions, plus a minimum of 2-3 hours of independent research following each session. We had 3 sessions, where we explored and refined a list of questions / queries that were important and consistently top of mind for new users. The 4th session is being held to review the proposed new content for the website. The concept was to understand the re-occuring concerns / confusion / questions that this audience brought to the table with the intention of using these results as the basis for the discussion on new content for the PIVX website. We understand that 8 users is a relatively small group, however, we do feel that it gave us a great foundation for the new content discussion. We needed to start somewhere and I think this was a solid base.
THE INITIAL GROUP
‘The Initial Group’ refers to the 13 PIVX members that contributed to helping analyze the proposals and estimates and portfolio’s brought forward from the 5 agencies. I consider this to be the pre-proposal phase of development. Because of the proprietary nature of the proposals and cost estimates we could not open and share these proposals with the wider community and thus a smaller group of PIVX representatives was our next best option. This group was considered a cross-section of PIVX members that were willing to take the time to review and offer an unbiased opinion on the best agency of choice to recommend for the full PIVX build. AGAIN, thank you to all that have contributed, it was the most efficient way to get to the stage where we had a solid recommendation to bring to the wider community. I believe that throughout this process, we listened, adapted and moved forward with the vote of choice by the 13 people. The next step, of course, is to bring it to the wider PIVX community as soon as possible for review and approval, which brings us to where we are today.
AGENCY PROPOSALS
We approached 5 agencies, all pulled from recommendations from PIVX members.
All of the agencies were offered the same overview of goals and overall site needs and requirements. Based on this information we requested an estimate / cost range for consideration that we could bring back to our group for review. To respect the privacy of these agencies / studios, we asked the 13 PIVX members to keep these proposals, process and costs confidential. With these proposals, we reviewed the portfolio samples and opened up discussion in a PIVX channel to help review and evaluate the agencies & Studios.
VOTING
We asked our 13 PIVX members to all review the submitted proposals and portfolios. We then requested that each PIVian vote privately and welcomed comments on the pro’s and con’s to each one to help guide the decision for this initial step. Each member got 1 vote and rated their top 3 choices. The final report of this vote was shared with the group anonymously for further discussion.
After this round of voting we approached the top 2 agencies to discuss the project further and bring the key discussion points back to the group.
We then voted a final time for the final Agency of Choice / Recommendation.
Topics of discussion while we were reviewing the proposals and portfolios included such things as:
• The Solidarity of the Agency / Team chosen for the website build.
• The best fit for both Creative Development as well as Tech Development and Securities for the overall site build.
• Considerations towards Language Translations, site security, CMS post launch, scalability, Hosting etc…
• A team that is willing to consider input from the community.
• The pro’s and con’s of the agency of choice being currently involved cryptocurrencies or not.
• Accountability and a structured process and work-flow
• Cost
• Timeline
FINAL CHOICE & RECOMMENDATION
Studio Science
http://studioscience.com 4
Studio Science was recommended by a PIVX community member and has been the frontrunner in almost all of the discussions from our 13 opinion leaders. I will attach a copy of their discussion document and proposal below.
(Studio Science has given us the green light to share their proposal and process document with you.)
Studio Science has extensive experience working with both start-ups as well as companies / organizations who have had tremendous growth, but that have hit a plateau with their current strategy. They focus on analyzing the existing structure and making recommendations to help elevate it to the next level.
Over multiple conversations and hours of discussion, they have been incredibly open and professional to deal with.
FUNDING:
The high level goal of the new website, is not just to be ‘better’, but to knock it out of the park. As such, as a group we did not focus on cost as a priority.
We understand that the PIVX website build is not a small undertaking. We have considered the funding strategy of a large cost project and realize that it may require creative financing with crowd-funding and donations on top of the treasury funding if needed. We feel that with these sources we will be able to cover the costs expected. We need the right fit and balance for the project and we have leaned on our key opinion leaders to help us make the proper choice in this area. The cost estimates from each of the 5 agencies ranged from $17,000 - $80,000.
The cost estimate for the full website build: $60,000 - $80,000 US
Studio Science has recommended a 70 (US dollars)/30 (PIVX) split for all payments in the following instalments:
Deposit 40% upon project initiation
Invoice #2 - Week 6
Invoice #3 - Week 12
CONTENT:
In order for the website project to begin upon project initiation, we need to have content to deliver to the agency for review. Following the Focus Group report, we had several areas that seemed to be absolutes for new content development. For example: A friendly and robust FAQ section for new users, best practices for your wallet, a 1-2-3 for wallet download and set-up, a brief introduction to what Cryptocurrencies are and why they might be important. New user information that seems to be vital for a new user and thus a new audience. (A small snapshot of a larger mindnode) With that in mind, we pulled a core content team together who has been advising on the new overall site structure and content.
Content development from PIVX community members has begun, however we are always looking for great content writers / proof readers. Just a small plug for volunteers from the community!
PIVX DEVELOPMENT TEAM
I would like to pull together a core team for the overall development of the website moving forward. These people will be included in pivotal conversations with Studio Science as well as internal discussions that will help guide the development process. These team members will also communicate with the larger PIVX community at key cross-road decisions to help ensure we have the pulse of the overall PIVX community.
We are currently looking to flesh out this team and welcome any volunteers / recommendations. There will be a time commitment associated with these roles, but I will do my best to minimize the time required for this as much as possible.
The following list represents key positions / teams that need to be represented:
• Project Manager
• Strategists
• Content Development & Proofing
• Visual Design & Brand
• Technical & Security requirements
• Security requirements
• Localization & Translation
IN CLOSING
Thank you for taking the time to review the proposal.
Lets build something great!
The link to Studio Science Proposal:
dropbox.com 1 PIVX%20Website%20Design%20and%20Development%20Proposal.pdf

VOTING DETAILS:
VOTING YES MEANS:

Yes, I do want to move forward with a new website build.
Yes, I do want to commit 200 PIV from the treasury for the month of July to solidify my commitment to the development of a new website.
Yes, I understand that this project will ONLY move forward if 1. We solidify enough crowd funding that the PIVX team feels it is possible to move forward and 2. We may need to request more funding from the treasury in upcoming months to continue with the project development.
Yes, I support and trust the judgement to-date of the 13 people who reviewed the agency proposals and will move forward with their recommendations to the best of our ability. At this point it also means we will not be vetting any further agencies until we get to a point of further funding knowledge and support.
mnbudgetvote many
4ed44a5292e8c95fc33d83f1c3e965f827c880b2882e4ed5a9b04476ce60618f yes
VOTING NO MEANS:
No, I do not want to continue to explore the website development with Studio Science
No, I do not want to explore crowdfunding
No, I do not feel that continuing down this path of discussion is beneficial in the long-run for PIVX.
mnbudgetvote many 4ed44a5292e8c95fc33d83f1c3e965f827c880b2882e4ed5a9b04476ce60618f no
Get Budget Info:
getbudgetinfo New-PIVX-Website
1 Reply