What's new

Archived Proposal Alteration: PIVX Class - Primer Redo

danielle

Pivian
Fused_Helios
Apr '18

Intention
Hey guys, this is not a new proposal to be clear. I want to inform everyone of an intention I have to redo the PIVX Basics primer course. The PIVX Basics course available on the PIVX Class YouTube channel is the most important set of videos on the channel. They are intended to be what you give to brand new entrants to crypto to get their feet wet and help them understand what exactly all this is. Because they were important, they were the first videos I ever made. They turned out alright, but I knew ultimately the process of of making videos would be refined as the channel progressed. Not many would argue that the latest videos are leagues ahead of the first ones. I said back when we started that I would likely remake videos as opportunities to improve them arose. I feel this is the time to replace those videos. We have a sound engineer making sure everything sounds good, better lighting, better equipment, upcoming new intros/outros/transitions, better scripting, and better presentation. (If I may be so arrogant) While video choice is my discretion, this decision is to essentially stop new videos for 4-6 weeks to then release remakes each week for that time. These remakes will take a lot of time, probably more than the new videos, this is why they would replace the new video timeslots. I simply can’t do both. I will also not be releasing them all at once as YouTube rewards regular posting within their algorithms apparently.
Short Version
I want to remake the PIVX Basics primer course. It will halt the production of brand new content, but will offer a new far superior primer course. It’ll probably be 4-6 videos long depending on how I break it up when we get to scripting. I want the community’s opinion before I decide.
Unrelated Updates
While I have everyone’s attention, I figure I’ll post some updates to how things are going. I’m about ready to start shelling out money for the paid promotion outlined in the proposal. PROPOSAL: PIVX Class Phase 2 I have cashed out 2/4 payments for promotion, but just saved them so far. The third is coming as I have received that PIV, the fourth comes with the next superblock. To confirm, nothing has been spent yet. My current plans for promotion is to divide it over some of the more interesting videos once the social media pages are finished. Which is soon for the record. There will be some Fancorps tasks for follows coming up. If people want to go with this new primer course option, I will save the next 2 payments to hammer promotion of that course.
Video performance is a mixed bag frankly. Reception of each video from a quality standpoint seems to be quite positive and for the most part users seem to understand the information. Viewership however is down, this is concerning, but I think I know the cause. Initially when the videos began, every Pivian was watching them or at least many. Since the videos largely tell Pivians things they already know, they lost interest and stopped watching. You can see that the videos that tackle things that are currently confusing Pivians, they get more views. These videos are not intended for current Pivians though. It was nice that they watched, but not the point. With the sluggishness of crypto’s growth in Q1 of 2018, there wasn’t a lot of opportunity to reach newbies, but we aren’t really piercing where they would see us anyways. That means our current challenge is reeeeally putting PIVX Class in their lap. When the paid promotions get going, they might succeed in doing so, but I genuinely think the channel needs more of the community sharing the videos with groups that are interested. Friends, family, clubs, schools, etc. Any input on this is appreciated. And if you are reading, you want PIVX to succeed, and you aren’t sharing PIVX Class AND PIVX Press, please do so. You’d be surprised what your participation can do. There is even some rewards within our fancorps for these kinds of activities, check it out. #fancorps on Discord for more info.
Thanks for reading.