What's new

Archived Proposal: PIVX Bill Payments to 45,000 billers in Australia - Living Room of Satoshi

danielle

Pivian
livingroomofsatoshi
May '17

Summary:
Enable seamless, anonymous PIVX bill payments to over 45,000 billers on the Australian BPAY bill payment network, as well as instant PIVX to Fiat conversion to all Australian Bank accounts; by integrating PIVX with Living Room of Satoshi.
Purpose:
Paying bills is a very accessible and natural use-case for PIVX. It’s something almost everybody does every week, and is a great answer to the newcomer question “What can I do with PIVX?”. Allowing direct bill payments and bank transfers with PIVX is a sure way to increase its real-world utility, raise its profile as a useful currency and increase its value.
Background:
Since 2013, Living Room of Satoshi has been connected to the Australian BPAY payments network, the largest bill payments network in the country. It is used by virtually all medium to large business, and allows bitcoin holders to pay over 45,000 billers instantly without registering, and even without creating a login on the Living Room of Satoshi website.
In 2014, Living Room of Satoshi added direct bitcoin-fiat conversions, with payment available to any Australian bank account, quickly and without any registration required.
We feel that baking in PIVX support as a first class alternative to Bitcoin is the perfect use-case for a privacy focused currency.
About Daniel Alexiuc:
Hi! I’m Daniel Alexiuc, a veteran Australian software developer, successful multi-entrepreneur and CEO of Living Room of Satoshi. Check out my LinkedIn profile to see my extensive development experience in banking, credit card payments, treasury and other industries and a bonus cheesy photo.
In addition, I’ve also built from scratch a number of successful startup companies (and a few unsuccessful ones ) including Australia’s largest aquarium fish retailer, a factory floor scheduling software company for manufacturing behemoths in Thailand and China, and have made waves with Australia’s national bitcoin bill payment service.
I have a track record of getting stuff done, doing it right, and making people take notice of it.
About Living Room of Satoshi:
Living Room of Satoshi launched in May 2014 as a service that enables payment of any Australian bill using bitcoin; including phone bills, electricity bills, school fees, credit card and tax payments, and fiat bank transfers.
Its simplicity, anonymity and ease of use saw it quickly become a favourite of cryptocurrency users, and it was awarded “Best New Startup” in all of Australia in 2015.
It has a high profile and excellent reputation among bitcoin users.
Some statistics:
• We process over $100,000 per week in everyday bill payments using bitcoin
• We’ve paid over $5 million in bills and growing rapidly
• Users pay a diverse range of bills including Credit Cards, Electricity, Rent. Insurance, Tax payments, Phone bills etc.

aboutLROS.png530x645 28.4 KB

Key Deliverables (Summary):
• Full PIVX integration on the website Living Room of Satoshi
• Media releases and interviews
Key Deliverables (Detail):
  1. Full PIVX integration on the website Living Room of Satoshi.
    Allow bill payments, bank transfers, bill history, bill statistics and rewards with PIVX.

pivx-lros.png1101x963 457 KB

2. Media releases and interviews
We have a long history of media coverage for any changes we make to our service, and can leverage our contacts to make sure the PIVX integration gets news coverage.
For example, here are some of the places we’ve appeared:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/05/08/l...es-major-growth-people-use-bitcoin-pay-bills/
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...-pay-5-million-worth-of-everyday-bills-2017-5
(I’ll try to upload a bunch more if I can get around the forum’s two link limit for new users
:slight_smile:
)
We’ve found that to get good media traction, you need to present a compelling story. We really think that this is a story the media will be interested in.
The privacy focused nature of PIVX, along with the working Proof of Stake System will present lots of opportunity to explain why PIVX is presents a compelling use case for a real world payment system.
Schedule:
4 weeks to integrate PIVX to the Living Room of Satoshi website
This will then be followed by press releases and media interviews.
Budget:
5000 PIVX
This will eventually allow us to meaningfully participate in voting and have a genuine stake in the PIVX network.
Conclusion:
We’re genuinely excited by the possibilities of PIVX for real-world bill payments, and look forward to seeing how much media exposure we can generate, as well as how much real world adoption of PIVX we can drive
Please vote:
Proposal name: living-room-satoshi
hash= b3bbc6dc314b11adc99c6aa525ad58520ff20363100dee0e06b03158dba56cd2
“mnbudget vote-many b3bbc6dc314b11adc99c6aa525ad58520ff20363100dee0e06b03158dba56cd2 yes” to vote in favor
“mnbudget vote-many b3bbc6dc314b11adc99c6aa525ad58520ff20363100dee0e06b03158dba56cd2 no” to vote against
"mnbudget getinfo living-room-satoshi” to check the status