What's new

Archived PROPOSAL: PIVX Class Phase 2

danielle

Pivian
Fused_Helios
Feb '18

Phase 2 Abstract:
This proposal continues the efforts of PIVX Class. So far, PIVX Class has been well received from a quality standpoint, but its viewer count is quite low. With this in mind, the focus of this phase is to maintain the release frequency and quality while working to better promote the videos. This includes establishing a better cross-platform presence as well as paid promotion. Promotion will focus on targeting new entrants into cryptocurrency who are still trying to learn about cryptocurrency.
Phase 2 Detailed:
PIVX Class is an educational video channel that teaches people about cryptocurrency topics. It has so far been funded for three months by the PIVX community and I am seeking to extend that arrangement. Use cases for PIVX Class include promotion of PIVX by drawing users searching for education into PIVX. Since the class also teaches things that a brand new PIVX user drawn in by other means needs to know, the videos can be given to them in place of explaining a topic for the thousandth time. Additionally, there are opportunities to build them into future iterations of the PIVX site.
Feedback given to me has been primarily positive as to the quality of the videos. Many are happy with format and subject matter. That has been great to hear and I am glad to have pleased many Pivians. However, quality of content is not the only factor in deciding whether a proposal to fund something of this nature should exist. Getting a good hold of content was a good first step, but PIVX Class needs to be exposed to a wider audience before it can truly be called a success. With that in mind, Phase 2 will consist of establishing a wider net of social media and linking the classes through those accounts. These posts will then receive paid promotion to help them reach people who might otherwise be under exposed to cryptocurrency. Over the duration of this proposal, the exact distribution of promotional funds will shift as I attempt to find the optimum setup. The current primary target is Facebook as it has very advanced audience targeting.
Effort:
I (@Fused_Helios) commit to releasing 1 video per week. The target time for these videos will be Thursday at 4PM EST. (The time/day of the week is subject to change if a better time slot is found)
I will also manage the social media accounts for PIVX Class.
I will also manage the paid promotions for PIVX Class.
Duration: Four Months. PIVX class will air once a week between March 1 to June 30.
Cost:
Myself: 350 PIV/month (includes my time, my software, equipment, and miscellaneous expenses)
Promotion: 150 PIV/month (exclusively for paid promotion)
Total: 500 PIV/month or 2000 PIV cumulatively
Proposal fee is to be covered by the portion that goes to myself, not promotion.
Initially the cost was going to be 400 PIV/month total, but given the extra instability of the market that we’ve seen recently, it would be imprudent to low ball the cost. If the price of PIVX rises once again to its former levels or beyond, I pledge to use some of those proceeds to better the show. How would I better the show? It would depend on just how much PIVX rises. If it hits former levels, the first thing would be equipment improvements and bettering the existing space. If PIVX vastly exceeds its former highs, then it could be as grand as finding a new space and building a full set to liven up the show. It is hard to promise anything at this time, so if that time comes, I freely welcome the community to inquire how I am reinvesting into the show. With that being said, if PIVX goes the other direction and drops in value, I will continue to produce the show at the same schedule.
PIVX Class Vision:
PIVX Class is meant to be more than a marketing tool for PIVX. It is an extension of this community’s attitude towards the crypto-sphere as a whole. Pivians historically have been more than willing to speak well of other projects that are also pushing the envelope. We do more than just shill for PIVX, we promote the dream of a world that fully utilizes cryptocurrency and Blockchain technologies. PIVX Class is intended to be an embodiment of that greater good mentality. While the channel distributes content that educates people on PIVX related topics, it also aims to release videos that educate newcomers on topics of cryptocurrency that are not related to PIVX. This can include mining, Blockchain identity, coloured coins, or whatever else a new resident of the crypto-sphere may want or need to know.
PIVX Class Morality:
It is important to touch on what rules of morality PIVX Class follows. It is true, PIVX Class has two goals. One is to educate people, both in PIVX and in Cryptocurrency. The other goal is to promote PIVX. That promotion of PIVX can lead to a number of decisions that affect morality. For instance, when talking about Proof of Work, it can be questionable for me to compare it to Proof of Stake and declare PoS superior. Clearly I am bias by my affiliation with PIVX, so injecting opinion is dangerous territory. Furthermore, the channel must stay entirely separate from financial advice. While it is arguably one of the biggest topics to discuss and educate people on in cryptocurrency, it is not a topic PIVX Class can ever fully address. This leaves me with two moral guidelines that you as PIVX “Stakeholders” should understand govern my decisions.
  1. I do not compare the quality of coins or make judgments on coins.
  2. I do not provide “financial education.”
PIVX Class Analytics:
Currently only exists on YouTube. These are lifetime stats.
Subscribers: 341
Views: 4198
Average View Duration: 2:51
Total Watch Time: 11,947 minutes / 199.12 hours / 8.3 days
Likes/Dislikes: 192/3
Comments: 39
Shares 133
Top Video: Proof of Stake - PIVX Basics - Ep2 (1120 views)
Top Geographies:
USA: 34%
Canada: 10%
Netherlands: 6.1%
Australia: 5.9%
United Kingdom: 5.6%
Special thanks:
@Hanna and her translation team for their work in translating the videos into several languages.
@veramis for volunteering to edit the scripts and give me a second opinion before I release the videos.
Rhubarb Media for the upcoming new logo.
Catalyst for including PIVX Class in the social media accounts that they manage.
EDIT: It was decided after proposal submission to change the release day to Thursdays at 4pm EST. The rest of this proposal states the original time for transparency reasons. This time was chosen because it should be a superior time for drawing in a larger viewership upon release, thereby giving the video a shot at “trending”.
Voting Details:
PIVX-Class-Phase-2
hash= 04e4b6ff868837c442c6d7fac1191b005ee397346c746c773636509e6eb46132
“mnbudget vote-many 04e4b6ff868837c442c6d7fac1191b005ee397346c746c773636509e6eb46132
yes” to vote in favor
“mnbudget vote-many 04e4b6ff868837c442c6d7fac1191b005ee397346c746c773636509e6eb46132
no” to vote against
"mnbudget getinfo PIVX-Class-Phase-2” to check the status
Advertising Exchange Info
Payment 1 - March 16, 2018, 15:16 (GMT-5) : 100 PIV exchanged for $515.29 CAD
Payment 2 - April 10, 2018, 23:45 (GMT-5) : 100 PIV exchanged for $485.00 CAD
Payment 3 & 4 - May 18, 2018, 19:07 (GMT-5): 200 PIV exchanged for $1,213.52 CAD - These two were done at the same time because we’re on the last month of the proposal and we’re now beginning to spend the money.