What's new

Archived Translation BLOG and Subtitles

danielle

Pivian
Hanna
Jun '18

Dear PIVX Community.
Proposal:
The goal of the translation team is to wide-spread the strong brand of the global coin who will be available over the world for people who want to use PIVX in real life.
Our translators are a good example of how you can be a freelancer and a merchant who accepts PIVX as the payment over the world. Our diverse team presents the culture of various countries to find the way to each heart.

Translation team
Translation team.png937x489 43.5 KB

Background:
The PIVX translation team provides the support to diverse PIVX community during last 9 months to attract people over the world through the clear context in their local languages to prove the reputation of a global and common coin.
Using common sense, analyzing the statistics of the PIVX.org and availability of the translators I have led the translation team during last months to provide you the best possible translation service by people who are students of the University and have a technical background, professional translators or crypto enthusiasts with min 6 months translation experience at this moment.
Being open-minded to varying opinions, critics and friendly advice we decided to shortcut and redesign the present team to use our budget more effectively and reasonably in PIVian eyes and as result to decrease expenses on monthly basis.
Here how the decision was made https://goo.gl/HA39y9
Reporting:
Oct 2017 -Jan 2018:

The blog has been translating from 5-15 languages for 24-48 hours
PIVX videos such as PIVXPress, DYK, PIVX Class and others have been provided with subtitles in 9 languages or English subtitle over 48 hours from publishing.
Zerocoin Protocol documentation is available to read in 16 languages
White Paper has been translated into 18 languages
IOS Wallet has been translated into 15 languages by the translation team
Road Map 2018 has been translated into 21 languages
March-June 2018
Core Wallet 3.1.0
in Transifex has been translated into 9 languages
Blog has been translating in 18 languages for 24-48 hours
PIVXPress, DYK, PIVX Class, PIVX alliance have been provided with subtitles in 9 languages over 48 hours from publishing.
Manifesto has been translated into 10 languages
Infographic has been translated into 10 languages
Here is [https://goo.gl/zC4GZ 1
The detailed report about translation effort and the budget allocation for period March/June 2018. In my view, this is the balanced combination of the detailed information and private information about translators and their income.
CALCULATION TRANSLATION BUDGET:
Due to a shortcut team after June 21 I am planning to save some budget which we have got and as the result to ask next amount of money for our translation effort which will consist of Blog and Subtitles translation only into 10 languages in general.
3500 words Blog translation into 11 languages 400 PIV
60 min video providing translation into 10 languages during 24-48 hours 600 PIV:
PIVX Press @SnappySnap 20 min
PIVX Class @Fused_Helios 40 min
Thank you for the create video context and giving us work
Project management effort 400 PIV:
1400 PIV( 2800 USD) per month for next 2 months for the team from 21 people
with the possibility to translate into 15 different languages to the PIVX community
2800 PIV In general
I think that you find our proposal reasonable and useful for the developing and promoting global private coin for reaching the next high level.
On behalf of the translation team, I would express appreciation to everyone who makes time to consider our proposal.
I hope that we can return to the reasonable wage for translators who actually works as the volunteers based on a requested wage in a proposal in some months.
With hopes on further cooperation with all members of PIVX community.
Vote in favor or Yes:
"mnbudgetvote many dad5e329084e457621eb309966d6351a3f7dfcb02ff2cea892673f8b59682c1d “yes”
Vote against or No:**
"mnbudgetvote many dad5e329084e457621eb309966d6351a3f7dfcb02ff2cea892673f8b59682c1d “no”