What's new

Archived PIVX Slush Fund August 2022

Love how organized we are. I uploaded the images and source files to cloud.pivx.org. Done.

Soon after, @LeacyMcK got it out on social. Then @ONeZetty saw that, translated it to Spanish and BOOM ...

Now, imagine when we have 20 different languages covered by Ambassadors that are proactive like that?!!!

If you need any translation to german, I can do it, just let me know what exactly has to be translated :) is this the graphic he made in the instagram posting ?

@Eric_Stanek

Hi Eric,

I have a question. Are there some kind of promo banners for PIVX maybe even animated? in the standard sizes? We should think about creating banners if there are no. I could easily start banner campaigns on the most common crypto advertising networks with 10thousands of views. , but therefore we need banners. I could also organize that if there are no banners. I would do it in the same way as you via Fiverr send a proposal in advance to get the funding for the creation of the banners, or if possible it could be paid from the slush fund if you agree. this is a really nice offer: 12 banner sizes, andimated, TOP Reviews, fair price, experienced designer. https://www.fiverr.com/nj_uccs/desi...0&imp_id=df160ec1-7e42-4dc5-8194-4e7aca8b14e0

what do you think ?

Hello @flow11.

Our standard is to ask for file formats for Instagram and Twitter. We will now be asking for Facebook too. In each case, the original source file is also included (PSD or AI), so people like yourself, can use online tools to edit the text for translation, or to re-purpose the graphic.

If you see one you want to translate, let @LeacyMcK or myself know, and we will get you the source file.

Hello @flow11.

Our standard is to ask for file formats for Instagram and Twitter. We will now be asking for Facebook too. In each case, the original source file is also included (PSD or AI), so people like yourself, can use online tools to edit the text for translation, or to re-purpose the graphic.

If you see one you want to translate, let @LeacyMcK or myself know, and we will get you the source file.

mhh, I have no Instagram, so I should ask via twitter? don't really get this ?

Well if you send the files to me I will check if I can translate them. I have photoshop and illustrator, ; I have not much experience but changing some text should be possible for me :)

with repurpose the graphic you mean for example using it for banners?

@flow11 I think the responsibility will eventually fall onto the German Ambassador for PIVX. I have no idea who the German Ambassador is, or if we even have one yet. Perhaps touch base with @Nix to find out. He is leading the Ambassador effort.

@flow11 I have no experience with getting banners created, or getting them placed.

Perhaps you can start a separate thread here in the forum to discuss that, and if there is support, I don't see a problem paying from the Slush Fund. The amount to get them created is small. I have no idea how much it costs to have them placed though. Would be great if you can somehow track their effectiveness too. It would be a great learning experience for us too.

@flow11 I have no experience with getting banners created, or getting them placed.

Perhaps you can start a separate thread here in the forum to discuss that, and if there is support, I don't see a problem paying from the Slush Fund. The amount to get them created is small. I have no idea how much it costs to have them placed though. Would be great if you can somehow track their effectiveness too. It would be a great learning experience for us too.
ok , thanks :) I will make new thread on this.

Well the banners are created once now, and also in the future maybe again for update purposes, so this is not the expensive part. The promoting on the ad network costs for example for bitmedia. 0.3 USD per 1000 banner impressions , and would be interesting in the beginning, to makes pivx more known. But these banners will also be helpful for ambassadors who can then transport the message via promo banners. the press release kit is nice, adding nice animated banners will make it better.

Last edited:
Waiting for this magical promoting you guys have been proposing... YOU can tell people they can buy in a play with 1 PIV since its divisible

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-08-28 21-06-51.png
    Screenshot from 2022-08-28 21-06-51.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 425
Love how organized we are. I uploaded the images and source files to cloud.pivx.org. Done.

Soon after, @LeacyMcK got it out on social. Then @ONeZetty saw that, translated it to Spanish and BOOM ...

Now, imagine when we have 20 different languages covered by Ambassadors that are proactive like that?!!!
Got it out on social AND placed copies of the original graphics in Discord for others to grab if they want to promote on their own or to translate as OneZetty did. :)

Waiting for this magical promoting you guys have been proposing... YOU can tell people they can buy in a play with 1 PIV since its divisible
Tried to play PIVX poker many times.....but there is no single player mode....and never any tables created.

Any further posts related to PIVX.poker added here will be deleted. Please post them on the PIVX.poker proposal.
Thanks.

UPDATE:

A very helpful 'Social Guide' was created by Dan Hotchkiss for us a while ago. However, it needed a quick update, and more importantly, it needed to be added to the 'Pressroom' page of the PIVX website, so that we could have everything that a Graphic Designer needs, all in one place, and current. This makes it dead easy to manage people from Fiverr etc. as we can just point them to that page. Done.

Like most things technical, things are not always as easy as they seem. There was significant effort to get it added by Meerkat and Kyeno, because some maintenance had to be completed first.

Meerkat explained:

"There are few issues with updated components and currently used outdated components. Those need to be resolved by Kyeno first, so I don't crash the official website."

Later Meerkat updated me with:

"So the update is done and online. It took Kyeno few hours to fix all dependencies and it took me about an hour for the update alone."

Before the task started, I offered to pay for the changes, as they have no open proposal for supporting the website right now. The response was simply; "... just tip me whatever you think is fair."

I honestly don't know what is fair. I am going to go with $25/hr USD.

MISC:

Current price for PIVX = $0.188 USD.

COSTS ITEMIZED:

Item:Amount: ($USD)Amount: (PIV)Balance: (PIV)
Opening Balance13,505
Add Social Guide to PIVX.org/pressroom.
(4 hrs at $25/hr)
$100.0053212,973
Closing Balance12,973

The payment will be tipped to Meerkat in Discord soon.

Please let me know if you have questions.

UPDATE:

I just received 10 new images, each in 3 different file formats (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) plus all source files, for a new campaign called 'Got Skills?'.

Total cost was $269.89 CDN which is $207.67 USD. So, just over $20 USD per image.

MISC:

Current price for PIVX = $0.185 USD.

COSTS ITEMIZED:

Item:Amount: ($USD)Amount: (PIV)Balance: (PIV)
Opening Balance12,973
'Got Skills?' Campaign Graphic Design.
10 images, each in 3 social formats.
Source files all included.
(60 files total)
$207.671,12311,850
Closing Balance11,850

Please let me know if you have questions.

Got it out on social AND placed copies of the original graphics in Discord for others to grab if they want to promote on their own or to translate as OneZetty did. :)
where can I find them? did not see them in discord, I want to check if I can translate sth etc

@flow11 They are stored on Cloud.PIVX.org. Seems the workflow is to watch for a post on Twitter, and then if you want to translate it, ask @LeacyMcK for the source file, edit it, and post it yourself. That is what @ONeZetty does. That way, they all get posted in the order that @LeacyMcK decides, and close to the same time. I don't think they are translated ahead of time.

okay get it but why is it that complicated? When there is sth paid from the community treasury then everyone should have easy access to it without having to ask, can't they just be posted when they are ready? so we can save time instead of the manual process of asking etc... I think it's a waste of time doing t like that. Who do I have tol ask on twitter? @ PIVXcommunity?

Not necessarily. Depends. Few have access to pivx.org web server, or email, or even this forum etc.

In this case, if everyone had access, images would be published at the wrong times, with wrong keywords, tags and hashtags, with no coordination among the leads for each social channel. Messaging would be complete chaos.

By watching for it on Twitter etc, and then asking for the source file to translate, these issues are resolved and everyone has access.

ok thanks :) that are some valid arguments, still, it wold be nice to see all of the 30images your mentioned