How to end/terminate a Masternode and get the 10k back?

Currently I’m staking PIV on my desktop pc with my ‘PIVX Core - Wallet’.
Planning now to run 2 masternodes (MN1 + MN2) with 1 VPS hoster on 2 different IPs, while ‘controlling’ via my local desktop pc ‘PIVX Core - Wallet’.
In the case that I will stop running MN1 in the future:

1. How do I stop running MN1 on my VPS hoster and delete MN1 from my ‘PIVX Core - Wallet’?
  2. How do I get the 10k back that I’ve send to my MN1 address at the beginning of the MN1 setup?
  3. Can I use this 10k normally on my wallet then again, and sell it or stake it normally like before?

Thanks a lot in advanced for your tips and advice!

Great question! Im glad Im not the only one that was wondering this… I asked basically the same thing here:

And many thanks to Lercker for shedding some light on it.

Hi digitaldude, Thanks for your hint! :slight_smile:

Check the ‘Coin Control’ box in the PIVX Client settings. Then, on the Send tab it’ll now let you select the inputs you want to use when sending PIV. You can right click on the MN coins and Unlock them for your use. I’ve never actually unlocked it because I’m all to lazy to re-setup my masternode again, but that looks like the way to do it.

1. How do I stop running MN1 on my VPS hoster and delete MN1 from my ‘PIVX Core - Wallet’?

a) ./pivx-cli stop from the masternode to stop the wallet.
b) Then from your controller wallet PC, edit your masternode.conf, delete the MN1 masternode line entry.
c) Now restart the controller wallet.
d) your 10K will now be unlocked.

1. How do I get the 10k back that I’ve send to my MN1 address at the beginning of the MN1 setup?

You don’t need to “get that back” as it is already in your wallet.
Being in the different address is not an issue as that’s also your address.

1. Can I use this 10k normally on my wallet then again, and sell it or stake it normally like before?

Yes! :slight_smile:

thanks a lot. I was able to send the PIVX after selecting this option in Tools -> Option -> Wallet -> “Enable coin control features”

refer to https://steemit.com/pivx/@ravin/pivx-how-to-stop-a-masternode-and-recover-the-funds