UPDATE: This proposal thread is for the previous voting cycle. Please refer to Marketing and Advertising V2 for the latest version. Voting details will be removed for this thread. Thanks!
Marketing and Advertising Proposal
Primary goal of Phase 1
Communicate PIVX’s vision, mission, and its many benefits over other currencies via compelling creative content.
- Improve customer engagement and activities
- Deliver a modern brand
- Increase traffic to primary website and social channels
Increase brand awareness
- Targeted content especially to penetrate new markets while having a strong brand personality through our social channels such as Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Reddit
Clean up brand image
- Provide clean, modern, flat, and minimal design
- Consistent designs across all channels (similar vibe, brand unification to deliver a compelling message)
- Art Direction, Photography, and Typography
Explore and inform
- Stay up to date on all aspect of the technology
- Inform the user base of upcoming events, tech features, releases, and milestones
- Create fun, informative content: infographics and later introduce animated content i.e. explain technology, create more elegant and rich media
- Create and maintain a comprehensive catalog of easy to understand guides. Example: Guides to help people most effectively and conveniently invest, use existing and upcoming wallet features, and achieve the highest level of privacy
- Digital and physical literature with messages aimed at key markets. Example: “Why PIVX?”, a 2-3 page digital brochure that condenses the use cases and rationale for using and integrating PIVX, that can be shared digitally or printed for events
Listen to feedback from user base / Core developers / support team
- Use tools to monitor and measure metrics and discover what is being said
about the brand
- Listen and identify potential issues
- Monitor and measure effective campaigns
- Refine strategy based on proven numbers * We will collaborate with Kristen (Market Research Proposal) as well as utilize our own metrics
- Engage with key influencers in crypto industry
- Provide positive content and feedback
- Deliver relevant content
Budget & Team
ElysiumcoreX: 20+ hrs a week: Social strategy, Creative direction, Art Direction, Design.
1,500 PIV a month
ElysiumcoreX is a creative director with 10+ years experience. He has worked at various top NYC creative agencies such as AKQA, Ogilvy, and Digitas, and on major brand name accounts such as AMEX, J.P. Morgan, and Pimco.
He is currently working in Japan in FinTech Design / UI / UX, Creative Direction, and is also a professional photographer who has shot at Tokyo Fashion Week. Some of his PIVX contributions include designing the latest PIVX Core Wallet and initiatives on the new PIVX.org website.
Veramis: 15+ hrs a week: Technical content, Strategy, Support.
350 PIV a month
Veramis is a sales manager by trade, and has been a content writer for the Unity project since January, 2018. He has been in the PIVX community since early 2017 and has also helped with PIVX marketing for a short time.
Some of his PIVX contributions: coordinated Ledger hardware wallet integration, FUDbusters content with Turtleflax and Fuzzbawls, and helped create privacy coin comparison chart data and 2018 Roadmap text.
Marketing Funds Pool
650 PIV a month
Discretionary funds pool for marketing and advertising opportunities. A detailed list of possible projects and prices will be made public to solicit feedback and allow people to donate to the marketing funds pool in general or towards specific projects.
Examples: Professionally made animations / videos, ads, press releases, engaging agencies/individual creatives, business development, major release campaign, etc. Managed by ElysiumcoreX.
Total: 2,550 PIV a month (includes reimbursement for 50 PIV proposal submission fee)
- A monthly progress report will be made publicly available. Finished deliverables will be catalogued for easy public review. Online feedback, user engagement, and growth metrics will be utilized to ensure we deliver the best product possible
- A monthly accounting of funds will be made publicly available
- Any excess funds will go to marketing funding pool and used solely for its purposes
ElysiumcoreX’s Sample WorkLink to high resolution images
After phase 1 is achieved, the foundation will have been laid to pursue later phases. It is necessary to update design and branding and create primary creative content before phase 2 and later can begin.
- Engage professional marketing agency, for PR to effectively convey PIVX’s messages to the right audiences, and for media relations to secure media coverage
- Collaborate with professional animation studios to create content that informs audience about PIVX as a brand and showcases its technologies with animation / illustration
- Create comprehensive PIVX knowledge base as well as cleaner content via Medium
- Engage users with the help of copywriters and community managers
- Collaborate to enhance existing content creation with a similarly unified message
- Comprehensive merchant adoption and partnership programs