PIVX Proposal - June 2018
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Prepared by: David MacInnis, Catalyst communications choreography
This is a resubmission of my previous proposal, with certain aspects removed or altered to adjust to the current landscape of PIVX’s needs.
For those of you I have not had the pleasure of encountering, our company has been working closely within the PIVX core marketing team since October of 2017. While we were contracted for roles including PR, content management, and branding - my personal area of focus has been coordinating all core Social Media efforts. I have thoroughly enjoyed becoming part of, and growing alongside, the PIVX community; learning about what makes the community tick, as well as helping to expand this project across their main social media and content channels: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
Evolution of the Role
For the first few contracted projects in 2017 - the main communications channel was only through Rhubarb media, with the role being very project focused, production forward, task oriented.
As my understanding and my footing in the community grew, the job description has also grown to include a laundry list of additional support roles as my influence and voice within the community has evolved:
- Promotional Spend Testing
- Content Coordination
- Content (Blog Content, Web Copy) Creation
- Media Outreach/Coordination
- Web Content Coordination
- Web Content Creation
- Community Coordination
- Community Management
- Creative Input With Direct Communications With Core Design Team
- Development Communication
Purpose of this Proposal
Due to the expansive nature of the role and prompted by the community, it was decided to submit a separate proposal that will encompass the appropriate allocation and management of PIVX’s ongoing social media efforts.
This will allow:
- Better use, and allocation, of the budget for paid, targeted, qualified reach
- Smarter employment of best available expert resources from Global PIVX Community
- Paid growth campaigns (Targeted, Qualified, Growth Campaigns into Areas that will increase page engagement, and interest in PIVX.)
- Top tier management of messages, core concepts and brand championing across all channels
- Bring the identity of PIVX back into play across all social media platforms. Which includes:
- Professional tone in all messages.
- Refocus all communication to core aspects of PIVX: Tech, Community, Global Reach, Merchant Adoption, Education
- Utilize @PIVXnews (twitter.com/PIVXnews) for a constant feed of PIVX news/ mentions / Privacy & Crypto related news.
- Decreasing the frequency of _PIVX to highlight the core aspects mentioned above.
- Develop a content schedule by working with community to leverage the talent that, to date, has not been used to their full potential.
Accountability / Reporting
All social media efforts moving forward will require a comprehensive monthly report, made publicly available, that depicts the efforts the team has been working towards.
As a DAO elected PIVX team, any discrepancies will be dealt with following PIVX due process until such a time that PACKS are able to expedite the process.
Future Proposal / Social Media Efforts
The hope for this proposal is to lay the groundwork for ongoing Social Media support; we aim to incorporate DAO appointed PACKS in the future to help manage roles and decide key positions.
- ie:. If this proposal is passed and after the three month period - it is decided that a new Social Media Manager or other team members are to be replaced - the PACK will have the ability to do so.
OVERVIEW: WORK TO DATE
Social Media is only going to play an increasingly greater role in the cryptocurrency world - and while there is a place for automation and high-frequency posting - in order to build and maintain an active, engaged, interested follower base, it will always require strategic, daily nurturing and support, the larger our PIVX community grows.
Key Growth Notes: October 2017 -Present
- Twitter Growth (Organic) 24K - 62K*
- Facebook Growth: 7.2K - 12K
*There is currently inaccurate information available stating that the _PIVX main twitter account is 50% bot likes. I have personally gone ahead and funded a paid review of the profile with the following results:
Total To Date Work:
I have provided social reports for the following breakdowns:
Total Core Page Activity (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) October 2017 - April 2018
April 2018 Page Activity, Overview
Group (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
April 2018 Total Post Send Report
To access and download these report please visit: https://goo.gl/Wc9uuq
*Facebook Data for April: There is a discrepancy in data as a third party appointed outside of the DAO elected marketing team took initiative to make changes to the core pages, as well as approved promotional testing has resulted in a skew of results. Please review the case study attached at the bottom of this proposal for additional information.
** Twitter Data: As of April 1 we have been vetting additional tools to aid and expedite the reporting process for social platforms. As such the twitter data is incomplete as the historical data is unavailable with this platform. You will find an additional file within the drive folder (https://goo.gl/Wc9uuq ) that offers additional twitter data pulled from Twitter’s core reporting dashboard.
PROPOSED PROJECT COST SUMMARY
- 1100 Catalyst
- 200 Support Teams
- 350 Ongoing Growth Campaigns
- 150 Boosted Posts
PROJECT COST BREAKDOWN
CATALYST 1100PIV (Current Value of $2.87USD/ PIV - Will be updated with value increase.)
- Social Media Manager, Marketing Support.
- deejayem (David) of Catalyst communications choreography
- 30-40 Hours/week minimum
- Liaison between core marketing team, and social media team.
- Continued scheduling and copywriting for main channels to compliment brand campaigns (PIVX 11, Merchant Features, Etc.)
- Coordinating the newly formed Social Media Team.
- Creative support
- Offering additional support where needed / time permitting
- Pressing Web Edits
GLOBAL / SUPPORT TEAM 750PIV
Unify the global community.
In a previous version of this proposal there was a portion of the budget allocated for Ambassadors - There is currently a PIVX Ambassador program available to vote on that will have budget allocated for the global team. I will still provide support to this team for the following items:
To date JFDI has been the mantra of the PIVX community - and it should remain as such. Through this initiative the hope is not to control the regional accounts - but rather offer support wherever needed - whether it be marketing suggestions based on region, aiding in translation efforts between regional and marketing teams etc, and to help amplify core marketing messaging across all platforms, in a multitude of languages.
Main focus is to incentivize the regional community managers who, to date, have volunteered their personal time in exchange for being a part of a bigger picture, to become more involved with marketing tactics and help grow PIVX globally.
This portion is only to cover the core creative campaigns to aid in unifying brand presence across all platforms. Each individual is still free to manage their channels how they see fit.
Page Support (2 x 75 PIV/Month)
Support Roles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.)
- I propose to bring in 2, community and core decided, support members to help with a constant flow of accurate, efficient, communication with the follower base.
- Provide communication for non core brand objectives:
- Article Sourcing / Distribution.
- Reactive Tweets to Crypto related events.
- Answer comments & engage with the PIVX brand. (distributed.)
Instagram & Pinterest (50 PIV/Month)
- Due to the time requirements for Pinterest and Instagram, leacymck has been kind enough to donate her personal time to offer support in posting and management. She has been a pleasure to work with, and I would enjoy seeing her continue to support these secondary platforms and be rewarded for her time.
PROMOTIONAL BUDGET - Support organic growth and engagement; not replace it.
350 PIV: Ongoing Growth Campaigns, Qualified Users, Targeted Areas.
150 PIV: Boosted Post Budget - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Reserved budget for amplifying core announcements, DYK Videos, PIVXpress episodes, community-driven initiatives, etc.
- A monthly spend report will be publicly available for accountability and strategic review.
Working with the social media team, and with support from other core teams / the PIVX community, we will develop a list of top competitors, monitor activity and compare results monthly. Which we will then use to strategize and leverage where we excel, and develop objectives to increase areas that need work.
- The ground work to unity has already been started - we have coordinated all of the main community managers into a single location on Discord - and are working to create a cohesive workflow for content and creative distribution that works well for everyone involved.
Due to the timezone differentials, this can prove to be difficult so third-party platforms will likely be implemented to help manage communication and action.
- With the logistics sorted and the teams working in unity, we should have a well-oiled machine rolling into month two - effectively distributing important information (with the help of marketing, translation and support efforts), core branding imagery, as well as community rally points across the globe.
* Review, Reflect, Rework.
As my role within the PIVX community has evolved, I have developed a deep appreciation, and understanding, for the weight of importance the community has for the project as a whole. Through community unity and an organic, complemented by targeted paid, growth I know we can help launch PIVX into the global spotlight it has been itching to bask in.
Vote Yes: mnbudgetvote many 8c74f08e3efe6575be804829bf9e0658b7fa28f1be6582a3454e4680ffa1bd55 yes
Vote No: mnbudgetvote many 8c74f08e3efe6575be804829bf9e0658b7fa28f1be6582a3454e4680ffa1bd55 no
Get Info: getbudgetinfo MrktgSupport-Social