PIVX Core Wallet 3.0.4 RC2 release (10/24/2017)

New v3.0.4 RC2 wallet - Released on OCT/23/2017

10/25/2017 UPDATE
3.0.4 RC2 has been superceded by 3.0.4 RC3. Please update to RC3 and stop using RC2.
PIVX Core Wallet 3.0.4 RC3 release (10/25/2017)

Mandatory PIVX v3.0.4 Release Candidate 2 core wallet update (stable test release) has been released that has addressed the recent network issues. The network has now been stable since 10/22 with this release so we encourage everyone to upgrade to this version and feel free to stake to increase its network strength more. Once this is deemed fully stable, a final wallet will be released that will supercede this build.

All core functions such as below are reported working with this release.

1. Staking
  2. Masternode
  3. PIV transfer
  4. zPIV minting & spending

But please be cautious when making large transfers and always make a backup of your latest wallet.dat

NOTE: If you are running v3.0.3 or older, you MUST upgrade to v3.0.4 RC2 or newer or your wallet will not stay on the right chain.

Download Link
Download the appropriate v3.0.4 RC2 wallet binary for your OS from the link below.
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v3.0.4RC2

For Windows users, please use “pivx-3.0.4rc2-win64-setup-unsigned.exe” (or try win32 if win64 fails)

10/25/2017 UPDATE
3.0.4 RC2 has been superceded by 3.0.4 RC3. Please update to RC3 and stop using RC2.

How to Update (generic)

As always, it is recommended to backup the existing wallet.dat file to a safe location if you haven’t done so already via File -> Backup wallet and saving it in a different directory with a new name. If your wallet is not running, you can back it up from Start -> Run -> %APPDATA%\PIVX on Windows. If you use CLI/Linux, you can backup using the command ./pivx-cli backupwallet.

1. Exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File - Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)

2. Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS.

Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install.
Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon.

1. Unless you are 100% sure that you are on the right chain already OR have a correctly working “right chain” blockchain snapshot of 4 folders below already, everyone else should delete the existing blockchain files to resync from scratch to ensure your wallet is on the right chain by following the steps below:
    Once you have located your data directory (info below), delete the following folders & files ONLY:
    – [blocks]
    – [chainstate]
    – [sporks]
    – [zerocoin]
    – peers.dat

DO NOT delete your wallet.dat or the [backups] folder.

By default, your PIVX data directory is located in the following locations for each OS type:

Windows
Go to Start > Run > %APPDATA%\PIVX
(or just enter the above path in explorer)
or C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\PIVX

OSX
~/Library/Application\ Support/PIVX
(/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application\ Support/PIVX)

Linux
~/.pivx
(Hidden folder “.pivx” - control+h to display in the GUI, ls -a to display in terminal)

1. Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for linux)

2. Now it will start to sync up. This can take many hours depending on internet speed etc.

Please note that $PIVX 3.0.4 RC2 will display as v3.0.3.992-bc1aabd on the splash screen & in the Help - About screen. This is normal & is correct for 3.0.4 RC2.

1. Once finished syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network. (you should be but just in case)
    https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000004667

FAQ

1. Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
    No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. Please follow the upgrade steps above.

2. I’m having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
    Please check the Knowledgebase Articles: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/30000015182
    or open a ticket at pivx.support or at #support channel in PIVX Slack.
    For all those having residual zPIV balance issues from prior versions, please join PIVX Slack and request for help in #support channel. Thank you.
    PIVX Slack Inviite link (if you haven’t joined already)
    https://join.slack.com/t/pivx/shared_invite/enQtMjU4MDMxODIyOTE5LTEzYmMwZGFkMjcxYjgwNTNmMzIwMGFlZjhkMjc1MWQxY2M0ZWJhZDcxMGU3OGM1YWFmOWI0ODFkMWY4MGJiMDQ

3. Who can I ask if I don’t know how to upgrade still?
    You can ask in #support channel in PIVX Slack for real-time assistance.
    If you aren’t yet a member there, you can join via http://slack.pivx.org
    Also can open a ticket at pivx.support.

4. I’m missing some zPIV that got minted and sent to the Accumulator. Where are they?
    Please try these 4 commands in debug cli & see if they show up after running each one.
    Some commands may cause the wallet to lock up for a while. Just give it some time.
    getarchivedzerocoin
    reconsiderzerocoins
    resetspentzerocoin
    resetmintzerocoins true

5. My wallet keeps auto-minting my PIV into zPIV. Can I stop this?
    The wallet is designed to convert 10% of your available PIV balance into zPIV to increase the privacy of the zPIV pool. However, if you would like to opt out, there are 2 options. You can go to Tools - Options and increase the Preferred Automin zPIV Denomination to a very high value. (e.g. 5000) This will prevent it from auto-minting unless your 10% is greater than that value. Another option is to disable auto-mint via editing the pivx.conf in your data directory and add enablezeromint=0 and restart the wallet.

10/25/2017 UPDATE

No sync block-863726
Current PIVX wallet & network status (10/20/2017)
Help this newb recover his wallet on linux-

Doesn’t work.
After installing I get version v3.0.3.992-bc1aabd.
When launching I get error:

“Assertion Failed!
Program: C:[path]\pivx-qt.exe
File: main.cpp, Line 2693
Expression: pindex->GetBlockHash() == view.GetBestBlock()”

@HotDrive

Did you follow the above instructions to delete the correct folders & files?
As your error normally comes up if it’s loading a corrupt blockchain afaik.

1. I get too version v3.0.3.992-bc1aabd installed and not version 3.0.4.rc2. Is there something wrong with the installer?

2. About 170.- PIVX Coins which I staked during the last several weeks are not visible anymore in my wallet.

3. What do you mean by: “Please note you should monitor a little more closely for forks if you choose to stake” How can I monitoring for forks?

Followed all the steps in this article. Let me repeat this again because if I follow #2 of the FAQ on this page and open a ticket at the support site the response from support is to follow the steps at this article… OMG!

Yes, I followed all steps in this article and still I am missing 40% of my coins. Those are the zPIV that were automatically mint (unfortunately, causing this big mess) and which I wanted to send to myself as a local payment so followed the instructions in the wallet: leave the address field blank. Now these are the coins that I am still missing because they never arrived at my own wallet.

How can I get my PIV or zPIV coins back ?

Thanks for the info. Although I followed the instructions, I missed one step, hence the error, like you said.
Wallet is now open and doing sync. Let’s hope for the best. :slight_smile:

@Samuel

1. Please note that $PIVX 3.0.4 RC2 may display as v3.0.3.992-bc1aabd on the splash screen & in the Help - About screen. This is normal & is correct for 3.0.4 RC2.

2. As the issue was due to wallets forking off onto wrong chains, you were most likely staking off a different chain and means that those transactions are not valid on the main network. This is why it is important to check regularly that your wallet is latest and in sync.

3. You can monitor through methods outlined here: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000004667

@relramackers Have you tried the FAQ #4 in my post above to recover your missing zPIV?

Hi guys,
Wallet finally updated but…
Tried FAQ#4 (a pair of errors, jaki, it is reconsiderzerocoinS and resetspentzerocoin, without s) and didn’t work.
Backed up my wallet again (just in case), and repaired it with -zapwallettxes=1 to put out all the fake stakes and reattempted it, with no success.
Tried again after restart the wallet but this time with the wallet totally unlocked, didn’t work also.
I have 8000 zPIV in the accumulator, I know people who has much more, devs need to continue working on this issue. And please, before ask people to send zPIV to an own address to recover it, be very very sure that that’s the correct way. This issue could be very negative to this coin if not solved gracefully.
Salute

@berron Thanks for the typos. I’ve updated them. So your PIV has been minted to zPIV but you do not see that balance still? and you are using the wallet.dat that minted those zPIVs correct? (as any previous wallet backup will not be able to access your zPIV that was minted after)

Hi there. I have 99 pivx coins in my wallet or I used to have until I upgraded my wallet following the steps mentioned above. Now my wallet says that I’ve got zero balance. Could anyone help me please? My wallet is synchronizing and is one year behind but still I was expecting to see my coins there. Thanks for your help. I’m gutted. I don’t know what to do. I backed up my wallet but I don’t know what to do with the back up file.

Mine says the same thing, I’m hoping when it finishes syncing they will show up again.

My wallet is updated and everything looks ok. Still have 20% of my PIV auto converted to zPiv but no worries. I’m missing all the staking from last week but I think its correct since I staked a lot, considering the PIV I have in my wallet.
Any news on the stable version so that we can convert zPIV back to PIV and continue staking?

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/PIVX/Daily-Snapshots-Html/PIVX-Daily-Snapshots.html

Ok so I had 189 total piv balance including half of which was zPiv (89 zPIV). I recently minted the last half of PIV to zPIV which was 90 under the privacy tab. All transactions were confirmed now my total balance is 90 PIV (90 which is zPiv) what gives. Did I just lose my 89 PIVX?

I like PIVX but all this stuff is too much hassle. At least the developers should put some videos on youtube on how to do this stuff. I’m starting to be tempted to liquidate my PIVX when I can actually send them to bittrex, that is of course if I haven’t lost all my coins.

Yes, of course. If the first steps of this page do not return my coins I continue reading and follow the next steps. The FAQ steps to be precise. And no, I did not include your typos when executing the 4 commands. Then I went to support, then I added a post here.

It is exactly what berron is writing in this post: sending zPIV as a local payment to get PIV back (everyone wants this, why has this automint feature been built-in in the first place?) causes people to lose their coins.

And now in the latest 3.0.4rc2 wallet this local payment feature is still failing!! Please do not use this feature at all for now!

10/25/2017 UPDATE

For all those having residual zPIV balance issues from prior versions, please join PIVX Slack and request for help in #support channel. Thank you.

PIVX Slack Inviite link (if you haven’t joined already)
https://join.slack.com/t/pivx/shared_invite/enQtMjU4MDMxODIyOTE5LTEzYmMwZGFkMjcxYjgwNTNmMzIwMGFlZjhkMjc1MWQxY2M0ZWJhZDcxMGU3OGM1YWFmOWI0ODFkMWY4MGJiMDQ