PIVX Core Wallet 3.0.4 RC3 release (10/25/2017)

10/29/2017 UPDATE - 3.0.4 RC3 has now been superseded by 3.0.4 FINAL.

New v3.0.4 RC3 wallet - Released on OCT/25/2017

Mandatory PIVX v3.0.4 Release Candidate 3 (RC3) core wallet update (stable RC release) has been released that further increases its stability from 3.0.4 RC2 and below. If you are running 3.0.4 RC2 or below, you must upgrade to this build in order to be up to date with all fixes. Once this is deemed fully stable, a final wallet will be released that will supercede this build and be given out to exchanges for them to update.

All core functions such as below are reported working with this release.

1. Staking
  2. Masternode
  3. PIV transfer
  4. zPIV minting & spending

But please be cautious when making large transfers and always make a backup of your latest wallet.dat

NOTE: If you are running v3.0.3 or older, you MUST upgrade to v3.0.4 RC3 or newer or your wallet will not stay on the right chain.

Download Link
Download the appropriate v3.0.4 RC3 wallet binary for your OS from the link below.
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v3.0.4rc3

For Windows users, please use “pivx-3.0.4rc3-win64-setup-unsigned.exe” (or try win32 if win64 fails)

How to Update (generic)

As always, it is recommended to backup the existing wallet.dat file to a safe location if you haven’t done so already via File -> Backup wallet and saving it in a different directory with a new name. If your wallet is not running, you can back it up from Start -> Run -> %APPDATA%\PIVX on Windows. If you use CLI/Linux, you can backup using the command ./pivx-cli backupwallet.

1. Exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File - Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)

2. Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS.

Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install.
Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon.

1. There are 2 options before launching the updated wallet:
    Option 1 - If your 3.0.4 RC2 is working fine right now and is on the right chain, you do not have to resync the blockchain from beginning when upgrading to RC3. You just need to shut down the RC2 wallet, install the new RC3 wallet, then restart the wallet and continue to step 5 below.
    Option 2 - If you haven’t even upgraded to 3.0.4 RC2 yet, unless you have a correctly working “right chain” blockchain snapshot of 4 folders below already and know how to use it, everyone else should delete the existing blockchain files to resync from scratch to ensure your wallet is on the right chain by following the steps below:
    Once you have located your data directory (info below), delete the following folders & files ONLY:
    – [blocks]
    – [chainstate]
    – [sporks]
    – [zerocoin]
    – peers.dat

DO NOT delete your wallet.dat or the [backups] folder.

By default, your PIVX data directory is located in the following locations for each OS type:

Windows
Go to Start > Run > %APPDATA%\PIVX
(or just enter the above path in explorer)
or C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\PIVX

OSX
~/Library/Application\ Support/PIVX
(/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application\ Support/PIVX)

Linux
~/.pivx
(Hidden folder “.pivx” - control+h to display in the GUI, ls -a to display in terminal)

1. Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for linux)

2. Now it will start to sync up. This can take many hours depending on internet speed etc.

3. Once finished syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network. (you should be but just in case)
    https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000004667

FAQ

1. Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
    No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. Please follow the upgrade steps above.

2. I’m having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
    Please check the Knowledgebase Articles: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/30000015182
    or open a ticket at pivx.support or at #support channel in PIVX Slack.

3. Who can I ask if I don’t know how to upgrade still?
    You can ask in #support channel in PIVX Slack for real-time assistance.
    If you aren’t yet a member there, you can join via http://slack.pivx.org or link below.
    Also can open a ticket at pivx.support.
    PIVX Slack Invite link (if you haven’t joined already)
    https://join.slack.com/t/pivx/shared_invite/enQtMjU4MDMxODIyOTE5LTEzYmMwZGFkMjcxYjgwNTNmMzIwMGFlZjhkMjc1MWQxY2M0ZWJhZDcxMGU3OGM1YWFmOWI0ODFkMWY4MGJiMDQ

4. I’m missing some zPIV that got minted and sent to the Accumulator. Where are they?
    Firstly, make sure you aren’t using the same wallet in multiple places. If so, it could be the cause. Also, if you have tried swapping out your wallet.dat with previous backups in an attempt to recoover your zPIV, make sure to NOT delete the latest wallet.dat as your most recent zPIV minting information does not exist in your older backups, So if you have restored to an older backup, please restore back the latest wallet.dat which was used to mint those zPIV.
    Please try these 4 commands in debug cli & see if they show up after running each one.
    Some commands may cause the wallet to lock up for a while. Just give it some time.
    getarchivedzerocoin
    reconsiderzerocoins
    resetspentzerocoin
    resetmintzerocoins true

5. My wallet keeps auto-minting my PIV into zPIV. Can I stop this?
    The wallet is designed to convert 10% of your available PIV balance into zPIV to increase the privacy of the zPIV pool. However, if you would like to opt out, there are 2 options. You can go to Tools - Options and increase the Preferred Automin zPIV Denomination to a very high value. (e.g. 5000) This will prevent it from auto-minting unless your 10% is greater than that value. Another option is to disable auto-mint via editing the pivx.conf in your data directory and add enablezeromint=0 and restart the wallet.

PIVX Core Wallet 3.0.4 RC2 release (10/24/2017)
PIVX Core Wallet 3.0.4 RC2 release (10/24/2017)
Problem Syncing

So… is it possible (and, most important, SAFE) to convert the autominted zPIV back into PIV, with this wallet version?
If it is, we only need to “spend” the zPIV to the Wallet’s address?

@HotDrive Yes. It works and many people have reported having done that without any issues. Just make sure you are running this version and is on the right chain. Also, backup your wallet.dat before making any transfers also. (should be fine really but I like being overly safe. =p)

Just remember that there is a max limit of 7 denominations per single spend.
e.g. If you want to send 17 zPIV and if you only have 7 x 1 zPIV and 1 x 10 zPIV, it will fail.
Also, try checking zPIV Control to see which are spendable etc.

Hi. Just to let you know that everything worked ok. Took some time (low computing speed on my pc) but no hiccups. Thanks again!

Good job, guys! You have done amazing work!
I have one question though. I was missing 500zPiv, after executing the suggested commands I got 400 back. Now I am still missing 100 zPiv. Could you please advise? Shall I perform the commands again?

@Cryptonafta Hi, could you try following these guides? If not, would be best to open a ticket or contact support in Slack or Discord and they’ll be able to help you out. :slight_smile:

https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000025649-why-do-some-of-my-zpiv-not-appear-
https://pivx.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/30000025744-how-can-i-export-import-zpiv-

3.0.4 RC3 has now been superseded by 3.0.4 FINAL. Please update to 3.0.4 final asap.

Many thanks for the prompt response!
I managed to got 70% of the missing 100zPiv, after executing the commands again. However, now after updating to the final release, I miss again approximately 100. I have not unlocked my wallet, yet, because am afraid of getting another bunch of zPiv minted. Any advice from you is highly appreciated!

I tried to join slack but it says “Failed! invite_limit_reached” sad face, wish I could join this group of piv fans there

I have pivx-3.0.4rc3-win64-setup-unsigned.exe installed, and about to install the new release:

pivx-3.0.4-win64-setup-unsigned.exe

Do I need to backup my wallet? Repace the new one with my backup?

@Cryptonafta While troubleshooting, maybe it’s best for you to add enablezeromint=0 into your pivx.conf so that it does not auto mint any extra. Then I would recommend getting real time help from those in #support channel of PIVX Slack. They have pretty much 100% success rate as long as your wallet.dat is valid for the missing zPIV balance.

@hackg PIVX community size seems to have overloaded Slack! Please try this invite link below and see if you can get in. As for your question… If you already have a backup of your current wallet.dat file, then there’s nothing else to do. Usually, you should never have to replace it with a new one unless you manually delete your wallet.dat.

https://join.slack.com/t/pivx/shared_invite/enQtMjU4MDMxODIyOTE5LTEzYmMwZGFkMjcxYjgwNTNmMzIwMGFlZjhkMjc1MWQxY2M0ZWJhZDcxMGU3OGM1YWFmOWI0ODFkMWY4MGJiMDQ

Before opening an incident with the support team, can I safely use the manual proposed above in the final release of the wallet? Just to see whether, it will make any difference.