PIVX Wallet 2.2.0 release (mandatory)

New v2.2.0 Wallet Update

Official MANDATORY v2.2.0 wallet update has been released that enables the budget system & masternode payment enforcement along with increased wallet stability.

There is a newer v2.2.1 wallet released on 05/05/2017
It is highly recommend to upgrade to v2.2.1 or higher.
https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-wallet-2-2-1-release/

Older wallet versions will no longer be valid in the network after block 615800. (April 24)

Changelog

• Budget system has been enabled.
  • Masternode payment enforcement has been enabled
  • Syncing the blockchain should be quicker.
  • Most reported DB corruption issues has been addressed.

Download Link
Download the appropriate wallet binary for your OS from link below.
https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v2.2.0

For Windows users, please use “pivx-2.2.0-win64-setup-unsigned.exe” (or try win32 if win64 fails)
(If you are an advanced user and/or want to specify the data directory, use the pivx-2.2.0-win64.zip)

How to Update (generic)
As always, backup the existing wallet.dat file (that has a positive coin balance) to a safe location if you haven’t done so already via File -> Backup wallet or ./pivx-cli backupwallet.

1. Exit/Stop the current wallet using the wallet. (File - Exit or pivx-cli stop)

2. Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
    Windows: If you install via above setup executable, you don’t need to do anything manually)
    Mac OS: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon.

3. Re-start the wallet. (./pivxd for linux)
    Update done!

Masternode owners will require re-starting each upgraded masternode by running “masternode start-alias [alias]” on the controller wallet (or from the masternode tab) and may need to be followed by “./pivx-cli masternode start” on the remote masternode side. This is a once off requirement per masternode due to a protocol version change.

Recovery Steps if Wallet Fails to Launch
Following steps will delete the potentially corrupt blockchain and resync from the network:

1. Close your current wallet. (File -> Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)

2. From your data folder, delete the “blocks” and “chaninstate” folders. (Only those 2)
    (feel free to rename them as a temporary backup if you want but they aren’t critical)
    (default folder locations for each operating systen are listed below this guide)

3. Re-start the wallet. (./pivxd for linux)
    Done! It may take a while to resync back from the network.

Default Config / Data Folder Location
Windows:
Go to Start > Run
%APPDATA%\PIVX

OSX:
~/Library/Application Support/PIVX
/Users/“username”/Library/Application Support/PIVX

Linux:
~/.pivx/

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. Will I lose my coins?
    No, you will not lose your coins if you follow the upgrade steps above.

2. Who can I ask if I have issues still or don’t know how to upgrade still?
    Please ask in #support channel in PIVX Slack for real time assistance.
    If you aren’t yet a member there, you can join via http://slack.pivx.org/ (or http://pivx.herokuapp.com/)

3. I’m overseas right now. Can I upgrade after the deadline date next week or month?
    Yes! But it is recommended to have your wallet NOT running during the transition period.

4. My wallet is syncing and says I’m 1 year 4 weeks behind. Will it take that long to sync?
    No. It just means it is behind 1 year 4 weeks in block count and is not a sync time. It should fully sync within hours.

5. I’m having issues with it crashing upon launch or just doesn’t seem to sync past 50%?
    Please check the following thread: https://forum.pivx.org/t/faq-for-wallet-issues

Masternode status: Not capable masternode;

jakiman is a masternode restart required from controller wallet after upgrade to 2.2.0 ?
i made a short test and the status for a test node with version 2.2.0 will not become “successfully started” automatically after 30 minutes. if i downgrade back to 2.1.7. the masternode is in state “successfully started” again after a few minutes

so i guess a restart is required. can you please confirm this?

thanks

Quick and easy, thanks jakiman

which file shall I download for raspberry pi 3.

for ver2.17, I found the pivx-qt on the Bin. For 2.20, I download aarche64linux but cannot find the qt file.

Pls advise.

@DRPD Yes, my experience was the same. I had to perform a new “masternode start-alias” on each MN and then run “masternode start” on the masternode side after. Not sure why this would be the case but that was needed.

Edit: Found out that re-starting the masternode is a requirement due to a protocol bump. Have updated the post.

Used the windows 32 bit .

had no issues, all went smooth.

Virus Total has 3 companies reporting viruses

Antivirus	Result	Update
Baidu	Win32.Trojan.WisdomEyes.16070401.9500.9939	20170419
Endgame	malicious (high confidence)	20170419
McAfee-GW-Edition	BehavesLike.Win32.Dropper.rc	20170419`Preformatted text`

ok thanks for that but right at the end of extracting it it says error i have tryed to do it a few times but just get this right at the end at 99%

downloaded the file and extracting with winrar on windows and tar on linux -> no problem at all

New v2.2.0 wallet is crashing before it even starts to run. Had the same issues with the V2.2.0. Had to change some files in the blocks and chainstate folders to let it run again. Do you guys think I have to do this again? If so, can I do it with the older blockchain backup/snapshot or is there a new one available?

Thanks!

@jaymzter Yes, you’ll have to do it again if it crashed.

Basically, if your wallet is crashing or crashed at least once, you need to delete “blocks” and “chainstate” folders as well as peers.dat and resync again. This is because an abnormal exit of the wallet results in a blockchain inconsistency from that point onwards.

What I recommend is that after a successful full resync, please close your wallet, then copy the 2 folders (blocks & chainstate) elsewhere as backup, then restart wallet. That “good” blockchain snapshot could come handy later and means you’ll be able to avoid a full resync if your chain gets corrupt again. (if it gets corrupt again, just delete the 2 folders, copy over the good backup, then restart the wallet)

How about the virus reports?

Thank you so much dude! Appreciate your help and I took your advise :slight_smile:

@galimi you will find that most crypto wallets will report such results. As long as you download our wallets from the officialt github page and the SHA1 hash matches the one listed there, you have nothing to worry about.

I have updated my remote start wallet (on windows) to version 2_2_0.
However, I am not clear, must I update my masternodes on their respective linux VPS providers since they are
just running pivxd? If I don’t will they continue to capture masternode rewards?

Thank you for the clarification.

yes you need to update your remote masternodes.

i guess you will not get rewards after block 615800 (~25. April) if you don’t do so.
you also have to restart the nodes after update from controller wallet and on vps

hi, i just updated to wallet 2.2.0 from 2.1.7 and want to make sure - i only pulled the pivx-qt.exe from the zip, overriding my current pivx-qt.exe in a custom directory i’ve been running my wallet from. When i launched the wallet it displayed the v2.2.0 on startup and then it synced to the network. My balance shows correct and everything appears fine.
I should be good to go right? or is there anything else i would need to do to make sure i’m completely up to date?

i would also replace pivx-cli.exe, pivx-tx.exe, pivxd.exe, not shure if it is mandatory in ur case but its is allways better if all parts are on same version.

Hi Jakiman, which release do I download for Mac? OSX unassigned or OSX 64?

I found the pivx-cli.exe and pivxd.exe files in the daemon folder and replaced them, but I’m not able to find the location of the pivx-tx.exe file. Where would that be located?