What's new

Archived Q4 2018 PIVX Summits + Extra

danielle

Pivian
Buer
Sep '18

Hello,
There’s currently nearly half of the treasury budget available to be claimed, and I haven’t seen any impending pre-proposals likely to pass in the next cycle or two. Furthermore, business development has slowed down with the market dip, and everyone seems so quiet.
For these reasons, I would like to submit a budget proposal for 5-10k PIVX (leaving 11-16k pivs up for grabs) for the following projects:
  1. Complete funding of the PIVX attendance at the Seoul Korea Blockchain Provenance Summit (Seoul, Korea Provenance Blockchain Event) on the 20th of November.
    Core developers Furszy and Fuzzbawls have confirmed their presence, as well as Jakiman and possibly Strontium. The Korean PIVX community is thrilled to have us, and we’re closely coordinating with the organisers of this event for press releases and media updates.
    We are organising a crypto-specific meetup with Monero CEO and founder Riccardo Spagni (fluffypony) which most likely will be taking place on the 19th of November 2018, a day before the Provenance summit.
    The PIVX team has also been planning press releases and coordinating with local media to advertise our attendance and possibly arrange face to face mainstream media interviews while we’re there.
    The 5000 USD required for the sponsorship has already been paid. We have 1400 left from the last cycle’s proposal + 1800 (?) PIVX donated throughout the past few months to Strontium.
    We hope to be covering in full and upfront the travel and lodging expense of all our core team members, which would amount to 2-3k USD. 500 more dollars would be desirable to cover schwag and gifts for the dignitaries we meet.
  2. I, Buer will be attending the Malta Blockchain Summit 2018 (https://maltablockchainsummit.com/) on November 1-2nd thanks to community member [John?] Pobi (@Pobi on Discord), and I would also like to represent PIVX at the Web Summit (https://websummit.com/) November 5 to 8 in Lisbon, the largest (70k+ attendees) tech event in the world and an excellent arena to share PIVX’s story and establish relationships.
    I would also like to invite core developers furszy or warrows to join me should this proposal get funded. Both live nearby and will not require excessive funding.
    Overall these two upcoming events may have a significant positive impact and require little expense for travel and lodging.
  3. Possibly funding Strontium as our Brand and Marketing Strategist (Marketing and Brand Strategist) along with the Support team which hasn’t been funded for the past few months, and perhaps tip others deserving members of the PIVX community to remind them this DAO values and cares for them.
  4. I, Buer have incorporated a PIVX PACK (http://pivxalliance.org/packs/ or PIVX Alliances - Proposal now up for voting!) to publish the PIVX iOS app on the AppStore. My application to their enterprise program has been rejected, most likely for lack of company history. I seek to rectify this and attempt again. I will need 3.5k EUR to cover a years’ subscription to an accountant knowledgeable in these matters. Bear in mind this company may be used to formalise other PIVX partnerships and settle legal issues in the future. Although not imperative, should any funds be left in the budget some should be destined for this item.
I will be submitting this proposal within the end of this week so please let me know your thoughts and what you’d like changed or clarified by then.
Buer
PIVX Summits