What's new

Archived Special Projects Proposal Prelaunch Discussion

danielle

Pivian
wdmason
Mar '18

Greetings Noble PIVians!
Special Projects Proposal: Prelaunch Discussion
The basic concept here is the creation of a fund that would be available for unplanned special projects and opportunities that come up throughout the month but are not covered by preallocated funds from the budget.
Initially, it would be used to fund my completion of all of the English subtitles for our current scheduled workload thus freeing up the corresponding PIVX Translation Team funds to cover an increasing workload that isn’t always able to be covered by their current budget. As exposure grows, so do opportunities for greater exposure.
In addition, these funds would cover those videos and podcasts by other content creators that cross promote PIVX and/or feature members of the PIVX team so as to gain greater exposure and multiply the awareness of the PIVX brand.
The pain point I’m trying to address here is that we haven’t always had the funds available to cover the efforts of those willing to tackle these special projects and I am aware of quite a number of opportunities that have slipped by as a consequence. Although Google will reindex videos and content when changes are made, (such as uploading captions to a previously published video), there are many times when the content is time sensative and a rapid response with captions and/or blog translations is called for. With the recent efforts by government bodies to get Facebook and Google to block Cryptocurrency ads, organic indexing of natural language conversation is all the more critical.
As well all know, 2018 is the Year of the Purple, and we need to leverage every PIV to maximize our bang for buck return in timely responses to the many opportunities presented.
In addition to unplanned captioning projects, there is a continuous stream of other marketing and promotion opportunities that often slip by during the month because, although we greatly benefit from generous donations from the community, sometimes it just isn’t enough to close the gap and again these opportunities end up slipping by.
This proposal calls for an amount of PIV per month to go into a special wallet that stakes zPIV continuously throughout the month reinvesting returns back into the fund itself. Ideally, after 12 months of disbursal from the budget, this fund would become completely self-sufficient and not require any further outside funding.
Funds would be disbursed as follows:
  1. English Subtitles of PIVXPress, PIVX Class, DYK, etc.
  2. English Subtitles of collaborative video/podcast opportunities by outside content creators promoting PIVX.
  3. Translations of collaborative video/podcast opportunities by outside content creators promoting PIVX.
  4. Ala Carte marketing opportunities that come up that are not covered by previously allocated funds or donations.
  5. Remainder each month reinvested into funding wallet that is continuously staking zPIV for the network and growing to become self-sufficient.
I am asking for support and discussion on the details of how this would work, but ideally I would like to have representatives from DEV, Support, PIVX Translation Team, Marketing, and Project Management buy into this concept and basically have input as to which projects and opportunities get funded from this allocation.
Ideally, I’d like to be able to put the formal proposal on the Blockchain by May or June 2018 if we can work out the details of exactly how it would operate and if I can raise enough PIV to cover the cost of the proposal itself. It’s going to be a busy summer and we should get this rolling as soon as possible.
Your thoughtful feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.
Regards,
William