Term: 1 cycle
Cycle Amount: 22,225 PIV
Total Amount: 22,225 PIV
Author: Hawtch
Receiver: Hawtch
Address: DMiEXyD9jtNxJPDiEZWLoVoMMjZRWKFxXi
Created: June 07, 2024

Hi PIVX community,

I'm Hawtch. I've been with PIVX full time for the last 3 months. This month I launched our Marketing Campaign "Nothing to Hide? Privacy Isn't Criminal". So far it is going well. I am expecting to learn a whole lot and have a whole lot to tweak for best results. I have also been running Twitter giveaways, Youtube Shorts/Vids, and responsive ads/posts on socials. On top of this, I have been available for graphic design support when I can.

PROPOSAL

Deliverables​

Note: I would like this to extend through August as well for planned work. Ideally this is a perfect balance for what I can handle.
  • 1 Youtube Video (minimum) and 3 per week Shorts/Reels (12 per month minimum)
  • 2 Fastvertising ads
  • 1 Rumble Paid Ad (700 PIV)
  • 2 Paid Twitter Ads (3000 PIV total)
  • 3 Giveaways (1500 PIV total)
  • Analytics
  • Planning for future campaign
  • Ongoing Social Media Interaction and Graphic Support
  • If Time Permits, livestreams

Funding Breakdown​

• Work Hours: 17,000 PIV { (($50cad x 40) x 4 wks or 1 cycle) x $0.47cad per PIV (mth average) }
  • Costs: 1500 PIV for giveaways. 3000 PIV for Twitter Ads, and 700 PIV for Rumble ads.
  • Reimbursement: $8 usd Twitter Premium - 25 PIV
  • Cycle Length: 1 Cycle (1 month)
  • Total Quote: 22,225 PIV (5225 + 17,000)

Videos + Shorts

Youtube, Rumble, Twitter, Instagram, etc.

• Youtube/Rumble Full Length (3+ mins): 1 vid per month (if it works out I'd like to do more). Some solid ideas are 'Breaking News' (report on PIVX, global privacy news, and highlighting community), Interviews with core team, livestreams with members, shorter vids that are for events/important updates or news/for fun, 'How-To's' to make barrier to entry easier, and advertising content (DYK?, What does privacy mean to you?, Is crypto dead?, etc.).
  • Shorts/Reels: 3 per week (est. 12 per month minimum) to stay active, measure interaction, and use as an additional ad for all socials.

Marketing Campaign + Ads + Socials

Fastvertising, Giveaways, Boosted Posts, Paid Ads

• Fastvertising: 2 per month (minimum). I think doing 2 of these per month minimum works best for now. This may be much more when paired with videos/shorts possibly responding to current news.
  • Giveaways: 3 giveaways per month. 2 on Twitter and 1 on Discord. (1000PIV Twitter, and 500 PIV on Discord). Twitter will be to promote using MyPIVXWallet and spending PIV in real life. Discord will be to reward people for being interactive in our Discord.
  • Rumble Ad: 1 for 2 weeks. Review metrics and consider for future.
  • Paid Twitter Ads: 2 paid ads (marketing campaign). 1 every 2 weeks and use to measure metrics/adjust to optimize outreach.

Graphic Support

Helping How I Can

• Community Support: If the community needs any minor design help or direction, I will make time to try to help.
  • Team Support: If the team needs help with graphics, for instance LeacyMck with a promo, I can help when I have time.

Community Growth

Voice Chat, Meetings, Etc

• Streaming/Chill Chat: If I have time I would like to go back to having weekly livestreams. It was a great way to connect.
  • Meetings: I will continue to push with @Liquid369 to have meetings and enhanced communication with the teams.

MAY DELIVERABLES REPORT

Youtube Vid (1x):

I interviewed Jeffrey and I am currently creating the video. Because I took over the Youtube channel and have been busy with what I now realize was overcommitting my time, I will not have that out until the week of June 10th. Technically I published a Youtube video summarizing the Youtube Shorts I did, but I don't necessarily count this as original content. VIEW HERE

Youtube Shorts (4/ week):

Created 8 total Shorts as of 06.07.24. I received control of the Youtube Channel and full access around May 17th. I am finding creating 4 per week is too burdensome with all the things I am doing. I can manage 2-3 for now and will proceed with that going forward - if I can manage more, though, I definitely will! Trying to set expectations here. VIEW YOUTUBE SHORTS
The Youtube Short vids have been excellent because they also double up as more content to post on the Official PIVX social pages, getting more activity and traffic.

Ad (1x twitter):

Launched as of June 6th. Currently live and paid for with the PIV that was in the quote. It equalled roughly 890USD when I moved it to my card. I have portioned this for the month of June to be roughly $31.50 USD/day for 28 days. This seems small but in the long run will benefit us as this is a low-cost way to figure out how to do current paid Twitter ads very effectively with MORE budget. VIEW MOCKUP

Landing Page:

Created and live with the launch of our first paid Twitter ad. It is going well and will help give us analytics on the success of our ads. This took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I managed to get it done thanks to @Liquid369 VIEW HERE

Fastvertising:

Created only 1 Fastvertising ad this month. This definitely has room for improvement. I am finding my work load I have taken on to be too heavy to be able to do everything I proposed to accomplish. Like I have said before, this will get easier as I finish the campaign prep and launch it. I believe going forward I'd like to aim to make this more of a priority, so that's why I will be pulling back on some of my original intended things (chill & connect, frequency of Youtube Shorts, etc).

Giveaways:

This has been quite successful! We have had lots of people showing off what they have bought using My PIVX Wallet. This promoted PIVX, showed people PIVX can be used IRL, and worked to promote MyPIVXWallet (Labs). It was a great success and our giveaways in June our going to try to continue with this trajectory. GIVEAWAY

Social Pages:

I have acquired a rumble page HERE, and I have continue to post reels occassionally on PIVXMarketing Instagram HERE. Unfortunately due to my lack of time, I haven't been able to give the Instagram the love it deserves by posting as consistently as Twitter. I am looking into social media management software that will allow me to plan and publish posts together. RUMBLE PAGE, TWITTER PAGE, INSTAGRAM PAGE, YOUTUBE PAGE.

Chill & Chat:

I have had to pause this, as I simply don't have time. I would like to bring this back if I can - I just need to lighten my work schedule. Ideally, we need a community manager to do this - work to create connections, welcome new people, set up games, events, and meetings, and rep PIVX in places like livestreams and Twitter spaces.

Graphic Support:

I have helped this last with PalmTree - he asked me to revise the PIVXpodcast branding. VIEW FOLDER. I helped LeacyMck with a Youtube announcement graphic. VIEW FOLDER. I provided a shared folder to the PIVX community to use for templates, graphics, stickers, and their own PIVX memes. VIEW FOLDER

Communication:

From a new outsider perspective, the team definitely has room for improvement when it comes to togetherness and working cohesively. Regardless of the reason I see this as a necessity in order for PIVX to grow from a small org into a medium/large one. Saying that, steps have been made to improve this and I'm really hoping it helps. @Liquid369 has initiated weekly/every-other-week team calls and has been making efforts to act as a liaison between all of the departments. This has helped me do my job when it comes to planning upcoming content and collaborating efforts effectively. Liquid has done a wonderful job so far and the only feedback I would give would be to keep going - we NEED this in order to grow.

Passwords

I have shared all passwords to PIVX related accounts with Guapic on a shared encrypted platform, and we have both written them down.

ANALYTICS REPORT

I've created a baseline with Twitter and Youtube this last month. We can use this to analyze growth going forward.
MAY ANALYTICS HERE

NOTES

Work Load - Evolving Measurement
Currently working 50+ hours a week. I've found I need to change my work load a bit. I've adjusted my current proposal to what I think will work. This is common when taking on a new job - you aim high and find your limits. Like I've said from the start, there's only so many hours in a day and I'm just one guy, but I'm trying my darndest!

I will be tweaking some of the # of tasks I believe I can deliver because of this. I'm hoping as I continue to work with PIVX, I can get into a rhythm where I work up to being able to deliver EVEN MORE, but for now I don't want to burn out and hate my life haha

Team Members
I know i'm still the new guy, but I'm not new to small-medium business. Please take this in context to me really wanting PIVX to grow and become even greater! I love PIVX and am happy to be here.

I still strongly believe that we need to grow the team in numbers. We need more people helping with promoting, posting, and getting out there. Our current team can't expand their efforts because they are doing all they can (bunch of champs, imo). I would love if the PIVX community were to consider increasing the treasurey for both hiring new workers and expanding our paid efforts (Listings, paid ads, promotional materials, sponsoring PIVians to market at events, etc).

You can increase the treasury but won't that dilute the remaining supply even more? And there would be more sell pressure because people can't pay their rent with PIV

The Treasury has already increased its just a matter of proposals appearing now so if you think that is what is needed and have someone there ready to do whatever get a proposal in.

The website needs doing.

You also need to rethink your approach to the video shorts your creating in my opinion.

Whoever is doing the voice over I would change to someone else maybe even a woman.

The moving around Knight when it speaks looks childish and unprofessional.

The videos made seem very much like templates with words thrown on top. The images look like templates or free ones on Google images.

The splitting up of marketing and all social channels I'm still seeing as a problem. Your new one you have created is getting hardly any followers and I still don't see the need in multiple unless it's seperate language. @LeacyMcK the social person so I believe she leads with doing it and you should be creating the content/marketing direction to collaborate and merge all socials into the main pivx channel and the multiple language ones.

Still don't understand why segmentation of socials makes any sense. Just extra work and extra funds.

The Treasury has already increased its just a matter of proposals appearing now so if you think that is what is needed and have someone there ready to do whatever get a proposal in.

Fair enough. I'll leave it.​

Just trying to anticipate growth, but I also understand that a lot of you see the treasury is enough for now. All good.

The website needs doing.

Agreed the website needs doing.​

I'm not a web designer by specialization but if the parts of team that manages this stuff need help, I am down to collaborate with graphics and UI/UX help.

You also need to rethink your approach to the video shorts your creating in my opinion.

Whoever is doing the voice over I would change to someone else maybe even a woman.

The moving around Knight when it speaks looks childish and unprofessional.

The premise behind Youtube Shorts was to:​

1.Simply create content, as we need movement and
2.Have something aimed at Millennials that is a bit more fun and less sanitized business like everyone else.

While I do agree it needs to be changed up, I don't necessarily agree that it comes across as childish or unprofessional given who our target market is (Milennials).​

When I've asked for Millenial's feedback, they always respond positively and like the direction. Your opinion isn't invalid, and I don't want it to seem like that - just justifying my choices. There is a level of subjectivity to it all. If you and other people feel this way, I really appreciate them letting me know, as currently I am constantly posting forthe community for feedback (atleast on Discord) and I receive very little response. Perhaps I should start posting here instead?
Saying all that, you could argue it isn't effective due to the lack of interaction and response and I would agree. This is why I think things need to be looked at and changed up.

Concerning the voice,​

I appreciate the feedback. I wanted something quarky, appealing to milennial 'gaming' interests, as that is prevalant. If it doesn't come across right or effective, I have no problem changing it up. If anything I need to step up the quality of the recording. I have no problem using another type of voice - just have to find someone.

Just a note -​

Youtube Shorts are not the highest of quality all the time because, simply put, videos take a bunch of time to make and it's not my only focus. Marketers and Content Strategists also suggest to simply try to have a lot of them to get yourself out there rather than get bogged down on the production value.

The knight -​

Feedback from the community (although little) has been positive about it. If they don't like it I need people to let me know (which they haven't). It wasn't aimed to appeal to our community, but to outreach to Milennials in Crypto. I don't have a problem changing things up, but I do think the premise of the PIVX Paladin has appeal - especially to Milennials. I have considered getting a Paladin helmet and a purple tabbard with a PIVX 'P' printed on it and using that to take IRL vids, similar to Snappy but alot nerdier.

The videos made seem very much like templates with words thrown on top. The images look like templates or free ones on Google images.

I have made 3 videos so far and working on one.​

1. Youtube Shorts - I understand you don't like the PIVX Paladin bouncing and voice. Fair enough. VIDEO HERE
  2. Rumble hype - this was curated footage and to signify hype, alongside the music. This, in my opinion, is strong production value and delivers the message well. I have asked some professional video editors and they like the video. VIDEO HERE
  3. The Julian Assange Video - I agree. It was meant to put out quickly and simply deliver info - it was meant to be closer to a quick little news piece rather than anything high production value. VIDEO HERE
  4. Jeffrey Audio Interview - This is a voice interview I am currently working on. The struggle with voice recordings on video platforms is visual interest. This is why I have taken the approach to the audio-linked images that move. Here is a preview as I am going to post the first of 2 parts this week: WIP VIDEO HERE
Videos take quite a bit of time to produce. These are not stock or template things. I am producing alot of content in a little amount of time. If higher quality and more targeted efforts are required, than I will pull myself back and reassess how I move forward. I really do appreciate the feedback and I'm trying my best with the time I have.

The splitting up of marketing and all social channels I'm still seeing as a problem. Your new one you have created is getting hardly any followers and I still don't see the need in multiple unless it's seperate language. @LeacyMcK the social person so I believe she leads with doing it and you should be creating the content/marketing direction to collaborate and merge all socials into the main pivx channel and the multiple language ones.

Still don't understand why segmentation of socials makes any sense. Just extra work and extra funds.

I agree. Truth-be-told this is me trying to make the best out of a frustrating situation.​

I started working with PIVX earlier this year with the intention to work alongside the existing team. I struggled to be welcomed in with open arms - finding that some people preferred to work seperately rather than a team. Due to this my only choice of action I was left with in regards to posting paid ads and doing 'fastvertising' (or quick response ads) was to create a side account and make it focused on a more outward marketing style.

PIVX marketing/awareness needed to grow - what could I do?​

Only alternative was to make a Twitter Marketing channel focusing on paid ads and outwards-marketing. That and stay positive about it all. Now, This CAN work very well if PIVX started growing rapidly. Clearly it has not - due to crypto market influx, fickle target markets (millenials+'degen-culture'), twitter/socials not liking crypto, and me having to start a new account rather than use the existing one.

Recently I have made efforts once again to consolidate content onto one account, but it was rejected. Due to this I am considering retiring any secondary account I have and considering how to refocus my efforts so it's not wasted time, money, and effort.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Ye posting here would be great. Some of us are not in discord and it's great to have discussions with everyone instead of this closed group of people who from your own words are not very inviting.

You have been voted In to do this job. Name and shame these people who are not allowing you to do what your getting paid to fully. They will be voted out. Don't let them bully you. The votes control the funding they will soon shut up when they don't get any.

@LeacyMcK you control the socials? Why is the paid marketing person getting post rejected and being forced to make another account that he doesnt even think makes sense to. Is it not following the plan? I thought the marketing person makes the plan and you just post and maintain the socials I.e. replies posting content that you have been provided with or asked for.

If the person who is paid to and experienced in marketing says these multiple Social accounts are bad then it's time to merge and shut down this segmentation. I've always said it was a problem.

Millenniums like it? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Again thanks for your detailed response, appreciate it.

Last edited:
Recently I have made efforts once again to consolidate content onto one account, but it was rejected. Due to this I am considering retiring any secondary account I have
Who is rejecting this and why? You are the marketing lead. If this is what needs to be done which I have been saying this for years now then it needs to be done.

If people are uncooperative they should be removed and voted out. If they are random people who receive no funding, have no official voted in role, receive no funding they better not and never should be making ANY decisions. This is what the dao voting is for. You certainly need to expand on your statement.

People have become to complacent, have huge sense of entitlement and refuse to pass the reigns onto someone else. Either these people need to learn the hierarchy e.g. you are voted in for marketing lead so you are in control of this. If you say jump they should say how high.

It doesn't matter if you've been involved in pivx from the beginning, have control over that section for however long. If someone is voted in to do that Job you either work for them or clear off. Hawtch you are in charge of marketing which socials, articles, group chats falls all under that category. You are their boss. You make the direction.

@Hawtch Please list which posts were not published on at least one of @_PIVX or @PIVXcommunity. Presumably they were at the very least posted on @PIVX_Marketing?

Also, are you following a workflow for each, where they are posted for the internal team for review, with a request for feedback, and a deadline?

Further, what is the process for these posts to be submitted to the social team? Is it being followed?

If you have been following a consistent workflow, then what were the reasons for not posting some items to other channels?

I ask these questions, because from my view, there is no consistency. You have expressed frustration multiple times, and each time the agreed outcome is the same; you need a process, and you need to stick to it. I know this isn't happening, because if it was, we would have only had the conversation once.

From my view, it seems you follow the process most of the time; enough that the rest of the team understands it, and appreciates it, but then they get blindsided when you abandon the process and things get missed.

If you can't list what wasn't posted and show the workflow was followed, then perhaps it is lack of organization on your part. If you can provide the list, and that the workflow was followed, then the reasons why they weren't posted should be available. I know that some early work you did was a little off the mark, but that's a normal part of the learning curve. Still, it would help to know that was the case for example.

If this is all too confusing, that's fine, but then it just supports that there absolutely needs to be a process for review and lacking any valid feedback why something shouldn't be published across all social media accounts, then it definitely should.

@Gerrald This is tough for me to respond to because it's not my intention to say this and have people voted out or fired. It's to express my difficulties in hopes that we can come to a better process and understanding. You make good points though and if I was in your shoes I'd probably say something similar. Perhaps some accountability helps too, which Eric explains a bit. I also wanted to clarify so that you had a bit more context as to why a secondary marketing account was created and necessary given my situation.

I understand what you are saying about heirarchy and marketing and quite frankly I appreciate your perspective to a large degree. Votes are votes and money is paid for jobs to be done. You're right.​

Concerning my role, I never wanted to lead anything specifically - I simply wanted to work with the existing people who are here already. I think I came in with an expectation that wasn't right. I came in expecting more of development/design studio mentality. I found it was more like a bunch of independent workers all doing solo work for the same company. As Eric says 'it's like herding cats'. While I don't think this is the most efficient way, it is what it is - clearly you guys are doing something right because what PIVX has built is outstanding. I think my expectation on the team has changed over time because it had to. At the end of the day I want to be efficient and I can only control my own actions.

@Eric_Stanek said:
Also, are you following a workflow for each, where they are posted for the internal team for review, with a request for feedback, and a deadline?
Short answer is no. Long answer is I post every project for review in the Discord #marketing channel - but I have to admit you are right about format...they aren't always in the same format every time. I could definitely improve.

From my view, it seems you follow the process most of the time; enough that the rest of the team understands it, and appreciates it, but then they get blindsided when you abandon the process and things get missed.
I don't understand about blindsiding the team and things getting missed, because quite frankly even if I missed something and DID blindside the team, noone told me I missed something. I have shown a willingness to take feedback and hear people's constructive criticism. I just need people to tell me. Despite a lack of consistent format on asking for revisions, I give people ample time to respond and request every time for people to tell me what they think before posting it.

If you can't list what wasn't posted and show the workflow was followed, then perhaps it is lack of organization on your part. If you can provide the list, and that the workflow was followed, then the reasons why they weren't posted should be available. I know that some early work you did was a little off the mark, but that's a normal part of the learning curve. Still, it would help to know that was the case for example.
I feel like there might be a misunderstanding here. I have never mentioned I have an issue with something not getting posted on another socials account. I have a problem with consistent feedback when requested, teamwork when directly asked, and collaboration as a team. This has made, in my opinion, our efforts as a whole inefficient in comparison to what they could be.

Takeaways for me:​

1. Consistent Format: At the end of the day a consistent format is easiest for everyone. Fair point. I will work on changing this right away.

2. Post Here for Feedback: Gerrald I think it's fair I post the stuff I am doing for feedback on a place where everyone can give it. If you'd like I will start posting it here as well. Although this isn't the most efficient, atleast it is incorporating everyone involved - in the long run it will give me more constructive criticism.

3. PIVX Marketing Channel Step Back: I think I will continue to use the PIVX Marketing for the sake of giveaways or possibly just posting high value posts from the main account. @LeacyMcK has posted on many occassions that Twitter is largely dying or they don't like us (I don't know), but I figure perhaps my efforts are best spent somewhere else.

4. Change Focus to Support Jeffrey and Incentivize Interaction:
To address the lack of growth and interaction: I want to put more focus on supporting Jeffrey's endeavours since what he is doing is so pivotal for PIVX. I think in crypto right now alot of people don't care and it makes it super tough to market. I would like to start doing more incentivized marketing if we can - bring back tipping people for interaction and do giveaways to essentially force responding on posts. My 'Bought with PIVX' vids and giveaways are the things with the most results.
NOTE: I still want to do paid ads, as I think that gives us outreach. We are being seen by people even if it doesn't seem like there is response right now. This is important for us to be in the back of people's minds, seeing us as consistent and 'alive'.

@Jeffrey and I have chatted about this a bunch. Maybe he could chime in with his perspective.

Feedback Requests Going Forward:​

Forum - Here's an example of how I want to request feedback and submit my work pre-posting, going forward:
https://forum.pivx.org/threads/need-review-bought-with-pivx-video.2167/

Discord - attached is a screenshot showing how I will post in Discord. I will create a Thread as to avoid it being easily lost as people talk.

1720038624999.png

Is there going to be a discussion about merging all these channels or is it going get pushed under the rug as usual when it's bought up? If your all working together it should all be on the same socials.

All posts on one social, the main pivx one and then the rests are multi language. Removing the community and the marketing one. The community one leacy maintains can continue if she wishes but I don't see why she should be paid to maintain that when it's hers.

Full focus on the main pivx channels.

Last edited:
All posts on one social, the main pivx one and then the rests are multi language. Removing the community and the marketing one. The community one leacy maintains can continue if she wishes but I don't see why she should be paid to maintain that when it's hers.

Full focus on the main pivx channels.
Sorry for the delay in response. Was thinking how to respond because my intention is to build and not necessarily tear down.

I think that Community accounts are necessary. Reason being, we need to be able to post non-PC (politcally correct) or less-than-professional content that the community finds amusing OR represents our community. It's a way that we can still post the fun, quarky, fan-made, and non-PC stuff while focusing on the main account. Tbh I feel like it is quite necessary in terms of it's function. Should it get the attention the official one gets? I DEFINITELY don't think so, but I certainly think it's nice to have.

More than anything let's zoom out - which I think your final sentence embodies. You said "Full focus on the main pivx channels.". I couldn't agree more. Going forward I will be putting the Marketing Twitter on the back burner and putting my full effort to what I'm doing with videos, ads, and assisting Jeffrey. Note - I won't delete it - we can still use it for paid ads, giveaways, extra profile for Twitter Spaces and retweeting which is all good things. We just won't put any strong effort towards it so as to compete with efforts we could put towards our primary socials.

LeacyMck is good at pulling the content we are all doing and posting it in a timely manner, so I'm sure she will have no prob doing that. I'm sure she will reach out to me and ask for help should she need any assistance with the main Twitter.

@Hawtch are you both working together better and have more of a 1 view of how it should be done? Or is there still an unopened arms approach happening? This is very important for casting votes. If you can't work together then one needs to fold and follow the other or voted out...