What's new

Active PIVX.poker Supplementz

Also, it seems that the proposal 'LRP-Luke' already covers PIVX Poker development?

What is the current size of the 'War Chest' in this proposal?
Screenshot from 2024-07-22 22-34-02.png

I would like to say there is 5k left in the budget, if passed we will convert into a masternode to fund the daily freerolls.

@Gerrald @Eric_Stanek both of you have voiced open approval for this proposal. With you two on the same page please explain how this is voted down, and pretty decisively.

You can start to say "but but there are more masternodes...", but at this point do you really think there's a unknown group that votes against BOTH of you? Obviously one of you is lying about poker support or being 2 faced about it.

I think if you want people to engage and build on PIVX, you should be open and honest especially if you are dead-set on some budget management BS.

You can send donations to

DLBqS7NxVuDYqHZfdKBLgpdRKwBYarLEg4

So we can set up a masternode for the freerolls

Thanks!

I'm confused. Don't you have everything needed to move forward with PIVX.poker now? Actually, for at least a couple of months already. What's stopping PIVX.poker from moving forward with the current 8K PIV balance being held and staking?

I'm confused. Don't you have everything needed to move forward with PIVX.poker now? Actually, for at least a couple of months already. What's stopping PIVX.poker from moving forward with the current 8K PIV balance being held and staking?
Be confused, it's confusing when you say yes to poker and then vote no.

I've already explained what the funding is for. You can look at the original proposal.

One goal is to have a masternode supply the freerolls system. Dedicated on the server hosting the game.

I'm not selling the frickin PIV, the budget is 500K PIV, this proposal is for 5k. I have done everything I said I laid out in the proposal, including paying developers and @Luke has set up the GitHub for future contributions. THIS PROJECT LIKE ALL PROJECTS NEEDS ALL THE FUNDING IT CAN AQUIRE.

If you really think that 5k could be spent better elsewhere or just not minted, that's fine. But it's obvious by your questioning you are against, WHICH IS FINE, to blame Gerald is funny instead of just owning up.

Btw he says he voted yes, in the other forum you imply it was him trying to strongarm the funds saved up. It's all toxic no matter what the truth is, can't you see it?

"..Burden has also noted that the role of masternodes in PIVX has resulted in a “rich boy’s club” where decisions have become increasingly centralized. Masternodes are the only players in the system which can vote on new development proposals and Burden claims that their voting quickly became like-minded, causing many development proposals desired by the community at large to be voted down..."

-quote from Coinbureau article, a broke clock is still right twice a day right?

Can someone chime in @here

Re: "Be confused, it's confusing when you say yes to poker and then vote no."

I do support PIVX.poker. But, proposals are meant to support projects, not build a war chest for each without clear plans. You've stated that a Masternode is desired to fund Free Rolls, but that would lock all the funds up and then you would need even more to fund Marketing and Development Bounties. Besides, Staking can fund Free Rolls.

Re: "I've already explained what the funding is for. You can look at the original proposal."

Yes. I have read it. I asked questions, some of which were not answered by you, but by others. So, they may be wrong. But, an extra balance of 8K PIV seems plenty to move forward.

Re: "One goal is to have a masternode supply the freerolls system. Dedicated on the server hosting the game."

OK. What are the other goals? Marketing? Development Bounties? What size of a 'War Chest' are you proposing before moving forward?

Re: "I'm not selling the frickin PIV, the budget is 500K PIV, this proposal is for 5k."

Great! But, just because there are funds available, doesn't mean they should be spent. The goal is always to decide it the Treasury spend will ADD value to PIVX.

Re: "THIS PROJECT LIKE ALL PROJECTS NEEDS ALL THE FUNDING IT CAN AQUIRE."

OK. Why? Where will it be spent? What is the plan? How much on Marketing? How much on Development? How much locked up in Masternode(s)?

Re: "If you really think that 5k could be spent better elsewhere or just not minted, that's fine. But it's obvious by your questioning you are against, WHICH IS FINE, to blame Gerald is funny instead of just owning up."

I asked about the war chest balance. You didn't answer. Luke did (Thanks) with "My understanding is that 8k is currently staking. I do not know the exact numbers, and Rwenzori will need to answer that specifically." but you didn't follow up.
I never blamed Gerrald, and I don't have to 'own up'. This is a privacy focused project after all.

Re: "in the other forum you imply it was him trying to strongarm the funds saved up."

I did? Link please, so that I can check the context.

Re: "Burden has also noted that the role of masternodes in PIVX has ..."

Well, the facts obviously show this to NOT be true. Even Gerrald agrees the voting power has been shifting. This is normal and expected as a project matures.

Re: "I think if you want people to engage and build on PIVX, you should be open and honest ..." (From an earlier post.)

Yes. Hence my request that you clarify the size of the war chest, and the plans on how it will be used, and why even more funds are needed.

I asked about the war chest balance. You didn't answer. Luke did (Thanks) with "My understanding is that 8k is currently staking. I do not know the exact numbers, and Rwenzori will need to answer that specifically." but you didn't follow up.
I never blamed Gerrald, and I don't have to 'own up'. This is a privacy focused project after all.
Just stop gaslighting. You posted on July 20 and I answered you July 22.

Why is answering you the difference in passing or failing?

The real problem is one entity essentially deciding 8k PIV is enough, this is god awful and people should know how the voting really is before they go in thinking the votes are decentralized.

Literally no one else has said anything negative from the proposal side, or that the funds "are enough". Or that I have not fulfilled what I proposed. Just one would-be micromanager who "walked away from leadership" AND "knows nothing about poker"

AMAZING

I welcome ANYONE else here to give some of their feedback, specifically about the proposal funds for poker and how they are allocated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240813-203223.png
    Screenshot_20240813-203223.png
    417.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240813-200558.png
    Screenshot_20240813-200558.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 15
Please read my 2 posts on Jul 20. You did not answer most of my questions. Luke did. Honestly, I thought the screen shot was part of the reply message and not the current balance. I skipped right past that looking for confirmation in the text you typed. Sorry. My bad. Thanks for confirming there is >8K sitting there unused.

Still, it is still not clear what is holding up progress. I see no line items for how much will be spent on Marketing, or Development Bounties. Also, what are the bounties? Have those items been defined?

Luke says the bounty system needs to be revamped first. He also says Marketing is delayed. So, all I see is; 'We have 8K and a MN would be fun and cool'.

Sorry, but I don't see how anyone can see a value add to PIVX for that.