What's new

NEED REVIEW: PIVX How To's

Hawtch

Pivian

Description​

@Robin and I are creating a series of videos that show simple and straight to the point tutorials/'How To's' of PIVX. For example, how to download the wallet, how to shield your PIV, how to find the blockchain, etc.

Need​

Feedback on branding, ideas, and eventually the videos. The attached images are 4 different logo concepts and the other attached is 3 different variants on the overarching 'PIVX How To's' logo.

Due Date​

Friday October 25th.

Ideas List​

• Get PIV
  • Get a Wallet
  • Stake
  • Get a Masternode
  • Shield Transactions
  • Get Shielded PIV
  • Contact Us
  • Apply for a Position
  • Get Involved
  • Spend PIV
  • Find Blockchain
  • Vote On Proposals
  • Earn PIV
  • Exchange + Swap PIV
  • Join the Community
  • Find Coin Specs
  • Spend PIV Privately
  • Trade PIV
  • View the Source Code
  • Know It’s 100% Private

Attachments

• Howto101branding.png
    Howto101branding.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 2.25.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 2.25.33 PM.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 6
Split Staking into Hot and Cold Staking.
Each should mention both and point to the video of the other.

Maybe 'Get Involved' can be split into one specific to helping on Socials?
Especially since that is a great way to climb the learning curve.

Do an overview video of Toolbox.PIVX.org and do a dedicated video of each section there.

Split Staking into Hot and Cold Staking.
Each should mention both and point to the video of the other.

Maybe 'Get Involved' can be split into one specific to helping on Socials?
Especially since that is a great way to climb the learning curve.

Do an overview video of Toolbox.PIVX.org and do a dedicated video of each section there.

Appreciate this! Good idea.​

I think perhaps we will start with 'How to Stake' and then do an overview of both in 2 other vids. Follow up with more detailed version of both maybe?
My thoughts are people who know enough about crypto to know what staking is - they might be intimidated or confused if we split it off into two different types right off the bat.

I agree about getting involved. Good call. One can be voting, discord, etc, and one can be helping on socials or repping us in person.

I've added more. That's great. How are these?​

In order of Posting (I welcome Feedback)​

Introductory/New to PIVX​

• Get a Wallet (MPW)
  • Get PIV
  • Private PIV vs Public PIV
  • Hide Transactions (Public vs Private)
  • Stake my PIV
  • Cold Staking
  • Hot Staking
  • Spend PIV
  • Spend PIV Privately
  • Know It’s 100% Private
  • Know PIVX is Legit
  • Find Blockchain
  • See My Transactions
  • Trade PIV
  • Exchange + Swap PIV
  • Earn PIV
  • Vote On Proposals
  • Get a Masternode
  • Find Source Code

Socials​

• Game Using PIVX
  • Get Involved
  • Find Coin Specs
  • Join the Community
  • Get News (Socials, Blogs, Discord, Reddit, Youtube)
  • Promote PIVX (Socials)
  • Apply for a Position
  • Contact Us

Toolbox

Wallets Core + MPW​

• I will list these later - this will focus on the introductory things for people, and we can deal with an advanced series much later on.

We are discussing this in Discord, but just to bring the discussion here as well:
What do you think of this slight re-jig to the Introductory Videos? Thought maybe we could group a couple of the concepts above. But ideally we target the initial 3-4 concepts to begin.

Introductory/New to PIVX
  1. Get a Wallet (MPW)
  2. Buy / Earn / Send & Receive PIV (MPW) / See my transactions
  3. Private PIV vs Public PIV
  4. Spend PIV (eg: PIV Cards / Privacy)

^^ Initial Series

5. Stake my PIV - Cold Staking
  6. Stake my PIV - Hot Staking
  7. Getting involved in the Community (eg: Voting, Masternodes, Discord)
  8. PIVX Trading (eg: Trade PIV / Exchange + Swap PIV)

Not sure which it fits in best, but somewhere please make it clear that even without a vote, anyone in the Community can help steer the direction of votes by providing constructive feedback to proposals. MNOs do read all the comments, and it will shape their decision, if they are informative and supported by facts and logic.

Not sure which it fits in best, but somewhere please make it clear that even without a vote, anyone in the Community can help steer the direction of votes by providing constructive feedback to proposals. MNOs do read all the comments, and it will shape their decision, if they are informative and supported by facts and logic.
100% Would love any feedback on on-going work. This list is in the let's massage this and make a good plan for execution, so any feedback on priority / insight into content is always much appreciated from the whole community and love the conversation we have had thus far.

Not sure if it should be separate, or part of '1. Get a wallet.' Also, maybe this is already planned. Didn't see it, but it is hard to navigate this forum post on my cell phone screen. Sorry if I missed it.

But, there should be steps to show how to recover a wallet in MPW. If people test that process with a small amount, even 1 PIV, and see how the seed words list is all they need to recover, then they will feel far more comfortable and that is super important. So, it should be part of the 1st video, or immediately after.

Not sure if it should be separate, or part of '1. Get a wallet.' Also, maybe this is already planned. Didn't see it, but it is hard to navigate this forum post on my cell phone screen. Sorry if I missed it.

But, there should be steps to show how to recover a wallet in MPW. If people test that process with a small amount, even 1 PIV, and see how the seed words list is all they need to recover, then they will feel far more comfortable and that is super important. So, it should be part of the 1st video, or immediately after.
Thanks Eric, this is a good thought. I think this is part of the 'fear', 'what if I do something wrong and lose it'. I'll add this in for discussion in discord as well. But I'll monitor both the forum and discord for any additional comments.

Here are mockups of the desktop and mobile views.​

I'm creating the Illustrator files so anyone can use and input text. This can help visualize and plan future vids. This will also help double as image tutorials for FAQ pages and static socials.

We don't necessarily need to have the phone and laptop but I thought it might be a nice touch. If we just use the footage and pics without the phone/laptop we would have more space.

image2.png

image.png