Name: Ale dev (April) Term: 1 Cycle Cycle Amnt: 15,000 Total Amnt: 15,000 Author: Alessandro Rezzi Receiver: Alessandro Rezzi Address: DBtY8Mv8aw7mnMc8q1zs3RMqE1vRqXsPJQ Created: 11-04-2023 Status: Active Vote Hash: 9b7f7d0b5a990f96fd0c0cee8948a0dfe271fbd88d03b872d2aebb67d3252136
This proposal will cover my development cost for the month of May. With respect to the last one (https://forum.pivx.org/threads/alessandro-pivx-dev-april.1323/) I am asking for 10k fewer PIVs since university exams are getting closer and so I will have less time to program. This month I will work mainly on the core wallet, in particular I will focus on: Deterministic Masternodes and Shield Staking.
The web shield library has been completed and published! (https://www.npmjs.com/package/pivx-shield) It has also been integrated by me and Duddino on MyPIVXWallet and it is waiting for the final reviews before getting merged (https://github.com/PIVX-Labs/MyPIVXWallet/pull/104), in particular MPW is the first web wallet (among all crypto) with Shield Support.
Apart for the all time spent on reviews I have contributed with 12 Pull Requests that can be found here (https://github.com/PIVX-Labs/pivx-shield/pulls?q=isr+authoranleone).
Deterministic Masternodes are almost completed: The last update DIP8 (i.e. chainlocks) is working on my local branch (https://github.com/PIVX-Labs/PIVX/tree/2023_DMN_dip8) and I am waiting for DIP7 to get merged in order to open the pull request on the core wallet.
I will work on Shield Staking with Duddino, it is something new that no crypto has yet, so we will need some time to do our research and implement an efficient algorithm and then probably have someone to audit it. I have already sketched a "raw" implementation but everything is still private and there is still tons of work to do.
I have also found and fixed some minor bugs/small improvements on the core wallet:
- MultiSig support for proposals: https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/pull/2830
- A small bug in governance system: https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/pull/2829
- A (useless) bug in the POW phase: https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/pull/2841
- Store masternode votes so users remember what they voted: https://github.com/PIVX-Labs/MyPIVXWallet/pull/113
A possible roadmap:
After merging chainlocks we will begin public testing the whole system on the testnet with a lot of masternodes to hopefully find the last bugs
I still don't have a clear plan on this but a possible list of task is:
- Create a shield staking algorithm
- Implement an efficient zkproof that proves the correctness of your stake without revealing the stake
- Implement all technical stuff about block creation with a shield stake (for example find a way to create the block signature, decide input and outputs of the shield stake tx, changes to consensus...)
- Write functional and unit test