What's new

Archived Core DevOps Fuzz (Jan-Mar 2023)

fuzzbawls

Core Developer
Staff member
Code:
Title: Core DevOps Fuzz (Jan-Mar 2023)
Name: CoreDevOps-Fuzz-Q123
Term: 3 Cycles
Cycle Amnt: 5000 PIV
Total Amnt: 15000 PIV
Author: Fuzzbawls
Receiver: Fuzzbawls
Address: DBh9o9uRGohcDKpeiEyRiwtmTaTL3xDdev
Created: 2023-01-09
Vote Hash: a92a1acf8736d1c2032a4dfdc2acea1eeb621293bb0b722b824cf335c11146eb

Abstract

This document outlines the funding and responsibilities for myself as a PIVX Core Dev and one of the maintainers of the PIVX-Project GitHub organization.

Responsibilities

As a Core Dev, my responsibilities include the following:
  • Review and test code submissions (PRs) for viability and accuracy
  • Research and develop code improvements
  • Research and backport upstream improvements
  • Provide timely gitian sigs for releases, release candidates, and test releases
  • Assist in support team and exchange troubleshooting
Additionally, my own responsibilities that I have been undertaking include the following:
  • macOS code signing for all macOS desktop software releases (PIVX-Core, SPMT, PET4L)
  • macOS 11+ (Apple Silicon) build and deployment compatibility (ongoing project)
  • Ubuntu PPA maintainer, ensuring that new release versions are pushed and that nightly builds are properly built
  • Rust toolchain maintainer (customized toolchain to allow minimum supported linux OSes to run release binaries)
  • Chiabls 3rd party library build system integration and maintenance
  • Snapcraft maintainer (nightly and release versions)
  • Run and maintain 4 DNS seeders (2 for testnet, 2 for mainnet)
  • Maintain the Doxygen developer documentation (updated nightly)
  • Maintain the code coverage report (updated nightly)
  • Coordinate and provide tracking (including historical data) for exchange/service update responsiveness
  • Transifex (core wallet translation) management and integration
  • Build systems compliance and maintenance for multiple host OSes and toolchains
  • Maintain 3 SPMT public RPC endpoints
  • Maintain a testnet blockbook explorer
Funding

The funding I am asking for to cover the continued duties and responsibilities listed above is 5000 PIV per cycle.

Donations and Receiving of Additional Funds

Any funds received by the proposal payout address from any source other than the PIVX network’s in-built budget distribution system will be considered as donations.

Voting

Qt GUI wallet users can use the built in DAO page to cast their votes. For console users, use one of the below commands.

To vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many a92a1acf8736d1c2032a4dfdc2acea1eeb621293bb0b722b824cf335c11146eb yes

To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many a92a1acf8736d1c2032a4dfdc2acea1eeb621293bb0b722b824cf335c11146eb no

Last edited: