What's new

Ended Hawtch - Marketing Design 02.10.24

Hawtch

New Pivian
Name: External Marketing + Graphics (1 cycle)
Term: 1 cycle
Cycle Amount: 16000
Total Amount: 16000
Author: Hawtch
Receiver: Hawtch
Address: DNGakPAT5nGrdVaAeNetBSjYXb2Utqoibg
Created: February 10th, 2024
Vote Hash: TBD

Hello, my name is Dan Hotchkiss.
I’ve done a bunch of graphic design and marketing support in the background over the years. I’ve been around since the birth of PIVX and was a small part of its launch.
I'm posting this to gauge the community, touch base for accountability/ideas, and get a beat on what is needed directly.

PROPOSED TASK LIST:​

• Fast advertising or “fastvertising” (5-10 ads )- this includes a planned marketing campaign allowing us to act fast and professionally.
  • Landing pages and help gather more metrics (hoping to work with the rest of the design/marketing team)
  • Design support with existing team. Help lighten the load. (marketing, graphics, new/existing community projects).

FUNDING BREAKDOWN:

• 16,000 PIV (($50cad x 30hrs/wk) x 4 wks or 1 cycle)
  • 1 Cycle
  • 120 hours (30hrs/wk)
Note:
*Once this 1 cycle is finished I want to reassess where I am needed most. Whether I have found a specific niche where help is needed most or perhaps continue doing this type of general graphic/marketing support.

PROPOSAL DETAILS:

I would like to assist the already amazing team with graphic design and marketing help. Crypto coins succeed with solid marketing/graphic teams and as the coin grows, so should the team. I have asked around and I believe there is a need for a couple roles I believe I can help fill. Some of these are:
  • Fastvertising. Ryan Reynolds does a type of event-specific advertising that is topical, controversial, and shocking in order to really catch people’s attention. These would be based on events and news happening right then and there. In marketing any attention is good attention. I would like to try to go down this road even if not through official channels, such as PIVXmemes, personal accounts, etc. and try to use this to grab new people’s attention to the coin. I feel there is a strong need to help get awareness out to the general public about the unique tech & capabilities of PIVX.

Definition of Fastvertising:
    “Fastvertising is a marketing strategy that emphasizes speed, agility, and real-time responsiveness. It involves the rapid creation and deployment of marketing campaigns to capitalize on trending events, news, and cultural moments. This approach leverages the power of social media, content marketing, and digital advertising to engage with audiences quickly, often in a matter of hours or even minutes.” - Andrew Brown ( see his LinkedIn article for Pros and Cons and full definition: https://urlis.net/6u6fxrnm )

• Marketing Campaign Landing pages (these are more marketing graphics than websites and lead traffic back to the main site - this would also help get metrics specifically on our ad/campaign effectiveness). I have already worked with LeacyMck and if she has time, fingers crossed, I can work with her to create these. This can work very well with a Fastvertising and targeted marketing campaigns!

• Marketing Ads (working to help support LeacyMck, Shorn, and Meerkat if needed. Also helping outside PIVX official channels such as PIVXPoker, PIVXMemes, etc)

• Video assets (logos, intro/outro graphics, thumbnails, lower thirds, etc). I saw the pre-proposal from the fellow wanting to make videos from Turkey. I thought new endeavors like that would be an excellent opportunity for me to come alongside someone and help - this would not put more strain on Shorn and Meerkat, and thus I help lighten the load for everyone.

• Branding support if needed (I made the social posts template/guide and can make similar things if needed to help the general community wanting to get involved)

• Any other work that may be needed. I’d like to be open to not just ‘do my own thing’ but come alongside the various endeavors in this growing grassroots community called PIVX.

PROPOSED FUNDING:​

• 16,000 PIV (($50cad x 30hrs/wk) x 4 wks or 1 cycle)
  • 1 Cycle
  • 120 hours (30hrs/wk)
Note:
Once this 1 cycle is finished I want to reassess where I am needed most.
*Whether I have found a specific niche where help is needed most or perhaps continue doing this type of general graphic/marketing support.

MY BACKGROUND:​

I’ve helped intermittently over the years with various graphics, marketing, and illustrations. The most substantial projects with PIVX were the original branding (which has been tweaked a bit over the years), the social media posts/marketing guide made last year, and more than one marketing campaign alongside LeacyMck.
Outside of PIVX I have 3 years experience in NFT illustrations, 12+ years in graphic design (branding, web, marketing, print) , and I’ve even dabbled in a little video editing.

FUN FACT:​

I did a fundraiser for my wedding with my family/friends and with the donations/support of the PIVX community. I agreed that if we hit a certain goal I would get the PIVX “P” waxed into my chest….oh boy, do I remember us hitting that goal! Haha

More Work and Info​

Behance: https://www.behance.net/danhotchkiss
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DanielBHotchkis
Portfolio & Work with PIVX: https://shorturl.at/jzSX5

Throughout this last month I have been working on a marketing plan, coordinating with the PIVX Community and team when I can. I have done this by talking in the Discord channels, but also livestreaming every Tuesday in the PIVX Discord 'Lounge Chat' (see the below 'CHIL CHAT CONNECT' graphic).
  • FINANCE SCHOOL TEXTBOOK AD: I have been helping Jeffrey with a printed ad for a Business & Tax School in South Africa. Below is my first rendition - it is currently being revised. The client gave feedback that the ad needs to be less of a 'Dont trust establishments' and more 'Educational'.
  • CHILL CHAT CONNECT AD & STREAM: I created the livestream graphic 'CHILL CHAT CONNECT' along with the consistent event of streaming my work while fostering discussion and community within PIVX. I felt this was a need in order to grow - we need more occasions where PIVX people are connecting. Rather than relying on others, I decided to step up and JFDI.
  • DASH MERGER GRAPHICS: There were discussions about a possible DASH - PIVX merger or atleast partnership. Nothing was decided and we went our own ways, but during all of this I created a graphic that was ready to be posted and used.
  • JUST BOUGHT COMMUNITY GRAPHIC: I created a shareable graphic that can overlayed on top of an image - when people purchase something using PIVX (MyPIVXWallet or PIVcards) they can put this on top of their pic to instantly have a shareable graphic. This is intended to be used for a marketing campaign in the future or simply an asset for those wanting to help promote. https://twitter.com/DanielBHotchkis/status/1766206820400423318
FASTVERTISING:
I saw the news about the European Court of Human Rights declared that crypto shielding is necessary - this was posted in the Discord lounge. I immediately started designing and pumped out a design by the next morning. This is an example of how I will the tone/style/message of the Marketing Campaign and quickly design an ad that can be compelling and timely - profiting from the response speed paired with the campaigns style/message. Saying that, the ad ended up being treated the same as a regular X post - certain time for community feedback and revisions. It ended up being very minimal changes and created for translators to edit them as well: https://twitter.com/_PIVX/status/1769853511422877825

Attachments

• Fintech-SA-AdPDF_Revised_72ppi.png
    Fintech-SA-AdPDF_Revised_72ppi.png
    447.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Chill-Chat-Connect_022724-Final.png
    Chill-Chat-Connect_022724-Final.png
    472 KB · Views: 18
  • PIVX-Dash_How-Does-That-Look-Like-02.png
    PIVX-Dash_How-Does-That-Look-Like-02.png
    581.7 KB · Views: 22
MARKETING RESEARCH & PLAN:
I have made good progress on a Marketing Plan. It outlines:
  • Target Market
  • Strengths and Weaknesses of PIVX vs Competitors
  • Marketing Campaign's goals
  • Style & Tone (still deciding what we want to launch with)
  • Great ideas made from collaboration between myself and the community (livestreams and chats)
  • A base line for going forward to assess & grow.
The Marketing Plan PDF so far: