Name: LMP - UI Development Term: 1 Cycle Cycle Amnt: 7,500 Total Amnt: 7,500 Author: BreadJS, JSKitty Receiver: BreadJS Address: DDS5v6mPqUN3rdzkp3268LV7TKjHCZqy8c Created: 16-05-2023 Status: Active Vote Hash: 4845b07467d9fd1663e01adfa5968840e480cf85cecc33bf67863fa381715f25
My PIVX Wallet (MPW)
Pull Request: https://github.com/PIVX-Labs/MyPIVXWallet/pull/115
What issues does this proposal address?
This proposal is a bounty reward for the developer BreadJS, whom has submitted further PRs and commits that address largely improving the interface of MPW, from Staking to PIVX Promos and the Dashboard Activity UI - this proposal covers roughly 1 and a half months of work, which can be seen via GitHub.
The new Staking UI is designed to be entirely mobile-friendly and to align better to MPW's design standards it's moving towards; with the additional space this has freed up, the Staking UI will shortly also have a Rewards Chart, in a future Pull Request.
In addition to the primary Staking UI PR, work has been done for PIVX Promos for improving the UX:
What features or improvements were added?
Improvements will be implemented on two main fronts:
- New Staking page:
- Used the same transfer menu to Stake and Unstake.
- Amount to Stake and Unstake is now on the Amount section.
- New Rewards Activity feed and animated Load more button.
- `Time` column will show tx time in last 24 and date if tx is older 24 hours.
- `Time` will be shown in 12 hour format (AM/PM).
- Has a confirmation checkmark after 6 confirms for standard, or 100 confirms for rewards.
- Activity text also shows amount of PIV.
- PIVX Promos design improvements
- Added animated Progress Percentages in to PIVX Promos code creations.
- Added animations for the PIVX Promos code table upon creation.
- Improved PIVX Promos mobile responsiveness for various screens and devices.
- Other changes:
- Replaced all X buttons on modals with a better visible one.
- Changed pointer: cursor; location in dashboard dropdown.
- Fixed text-clipping for the upcoming Dashboard Activity List.
How does this benefit users?
Better design and UX that makes the MPW on-boarding process easier for new users; the new Staking UI removes a lot of UI complexity, and adds more space to be used by new elements, like the upcoming Rewards Chart.
Additionally, the work done for the Activity List has helped keep complex UI stable on mobile, and the PIVX Promos work has made the UI easier for users to create their own PIVX 'Promo Codes' to distribute, highly useful for marketing events, on-boarding users new to crypto or PIVX in general, and this will be used heavily for promotional events and material in the near future.