Term: 1 Cycle
Cycle Amnt: 4,205
Total Amnt: 4,205
Author: JSKitty
Receiver: BreadJS
Address: DDS5v6mPqUN3rdzkp3268LV7TKjHCZqy8c
Created: 8-10-2024
Vote Hash: d5b819ebcbc83a4dd79a460b4dd5b1acc0e7c7394b6db9c10f01d237ce6c80a2

This is a one-time proposal on behalf of BreadJS.

Problem
A frequently arising problem in PIVX Labs' frontend development workflow is the inability to bugfix, develop and test our apps on various unowned devices - without this ability, it's hard for us to support some user configurations, but a common OS that suffers from unique development issues at Labs is MacOS.

The most recent case being a PIVCards bug on MacOS, encountered by a user, which was impossible for Bread to replicate without the same hardware configuration, leading to a somewhat comedic workaround of him using my (JSKitty) MacBook remotely to replicate and fix the bug using my compatible system - of course, this leaves me unable to do my own work, and is overall an extremely inefficient process.

The UI bug in question - previously affecting MacOS users exclusively due to Webkit/Safari quirks, despite being patched some time ago on non-Apple devices.

1728404693999.png

Similar bugs appear over time as our apps grow larger in both features and userbase - this proposal aims to smoothen the development of our frontends on MacOS in one hit.

Proposal
This proposal is a request for the DAO to cover a Refurbished EU MacBook Air M1 for BreadJS - the cheapest modern model available, fairly old yet useful enough for many years of compatibility work at Labs, this way, our frontend workflow for MacOS development becomes much easier for our interfaces and apps, as the sole frontend dev of Labs that would be able to work on MacOS, Bread would take on the responsibility of keeping PIVX Labs frontends stable and polished on MacOS.

The current exchange rate, based on Labs Oracle.

1728406583547.png

MacBook M1 (Store)

Last edited: