Cycle Amnt: 5,000
Total Amnt: 30,000
Author: Rwenzori
Receiver: Rwenzori
Address: DTCbXC1pvfYLPZLTfYoJwbXQowPMYodt2u
Created: 10-04-2024
hash: 07a8366a6ef49d372877d2f12b5e9d39d5ec6937290b022c3268b04e497492c7

Proposal Abstract
PIVX.poker is as far as I know the only private, open source poker room in the world.

Please come in and play! https://pivx.poker

Started in 2021, it has had its ups and downs since but is stronger than ever now with its intergration into PIVX Labs. This proposal designed to be a supplement to the Labs funding, with focus on freelancer bounties and freeroll prize pools.

PIVX.poker
After many months of development, PIVX has finally set up the structure for other developers besides @LukeL to contribute to the codebase. Because anyone can make a contribution, setting up a bounty system for tasks to get new developers involved is required. This encourages participation with quick payouts and a pathway to build trust for future proposals.

First, together with our Lead developer LukeL, we will reward new contributions based on degree of difficulty. Currently the process for a new face to come in a be paid for their work is uphill at best. This makes it easier and takes some pressure from our overlord JSKitty ;)

Second (and more exciting in my opinion), all leftover funds will be staked or masternoded, and those rewards will be directly used as the prize pool for our daily/hourly freerolls. There will also be marketing giveaways and freebuy tournament. A prize pool can literally be 1 PIV.

WHY 6 MONTHS!?
I am aware the norm for proposals is a 3 month cycle period. This was created as a sort of flexible proposal, to be voted down and up on a monthly basis depending on the needs of the budget. Also the relatively low amount per month to leave room for emergency proposals like the ones this superblock.

I will not be paid in any way from this proposal! Its in my best interest to use these funds as a war chest to compensate anyone willing to contribute to the Github repo or run the pivx.poker discord channel. I guess Im in it for the long haul, 3 years going and I want to see this through.

In addition, if passed and funded, I will give updates here/discord on funds monthly, which is necessary anyway to create the bounty structure and proper payouts.

Keep in mind masternode voters, we showcase:
  1. Ease of PIVX use with MPW integration
  2. Privacy tech (soon to be on SHIELD only standard)
  3. Open source collaboration

Thanks and see you at the tables!

Last edited:
I know nothing about poker, but I like this proposal. Still, I have questions ....

1. What efforts have been done, to bring in people from Poker Communities OUTSIDE of the PIVX Community?
2. What stats do we have for growing the user base from outside PIVX and/or gaining exposure for PIVX?
3. What are the main barriers preventing PIVX.poker from being super popular?

1. We have a marketing blitz in the works

2. None so far, there has not been any marketing. See 1

3. It needs to have more exposure and trusted runtime, no one knows about it.
I know nothing about poker, but I like this proposal. Still, I have questions ....

1. What efforts have been done, to bring in people from Poker Communities OUTSIDE of the PIVX Community?
2. What stats do we have for growing the user base from outside PIVX and/or gaining exposure for PIVX?
3. What are the main barriers preventing PIVX.poker from being super popular?

This is a good proposal; I'm happy to see that the work I've done has made it possible for other developers to be interested and start working on the project. I am curious about something though:

We didn't chat personally about who was going to pay and how the payment was to be decided. I have chatted with the developer(s) who is(are) interested in starting up work at the moment and have been told multiple times to not discuss payment. My understanding from the way you are writing this proposal is that I would help in the decision of how much to pay based on the complexity of each task, and you would hold on to the funds. I would just like some clarifications on what your thoughts are on this.

Yes I would love to keep it in shield but then how could we verify? It would be cool if everyone could follow along with how much treasury would be left.

We probably shouldn't discuss specifics and bounties in here but yea I would like to be the bounty and prize pool custodian with your help in the GitHub side
This is a good proposal; I'm happy to see that the work I've done has made it possible for other developers to be interested and start working on the project. I am curious about something though:

We didn't chat personally about who was going to pay and how the payment was to be decided. I have chatted with the developer(s) who is(are) interested in starting up work at the moment and have been told multiple times to not discuss payment. My understanding from the way you are writing this proposal is that I would help in the decision of how much to pay based on the complexity of each task, and you would hold on to the funds. I would just like some clarifications on

Oke, so first month looks like a downvote, hopefully we will get those votes back next superblock. This was the reason why I made it a 6 month proposal, to be flexible for the budget.

Oke, so first month looks like a downvote, hopefully we will get those votes back next superblock. This was the reason why I made it a 6 month proposal, to be flexible for the budget.
I think what's happened with some proposals this month is because more funds were wanted than available someone has rejigged their votes around to pass certain ones they deem more important at the time. This will happen every cycle when more funds are wanted than available.

Yea, there is a case to be made that an overplanned budget is a good thing, But of course thats in a fair, evenly distributed and decentralized voting system.

I guess im at a point where I stopped complaining about the friends rejigging, and accept the reality of the current governance. To be fair the last superblock not being paid out didnt help things out, I see more than half is being repaid. How was that "bug" kept secret though? for how long?

Y'all inflated the budget to half a million and its still isn't enough?!

Anyway the proposal is there for 5 more cycles, it will do some good, because what we are creating doesn't exist.