What's new

Poll: Google Ads Violation (Need all of your input)

Edit+Appeal or Other Platforms (Rumble, Sponsorships, etc)

• Youtube(Google) Edit + Appeal (Risk Suspension)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (If chosen please comment below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hawtch

Pivian

Edit Vid and Appeal OR Try Other Platforms?

I recently started paying for Google Ads on Youtube. I have roughly $720 in budget left. This is the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFVKGmDqCls

A Bit More Info:​

They have said it is a violation for not clarifying Financial Service Information. This is specifically required and upheld in the US and the UK (I think). Google also does not like DeFi or Wallet promotion much. They would require us to provide a business number and/or physical address as well as be registered with countries finance side of government (in the USA and UK). I just submitted an ad budget proposal and I want to make sure I'm transparent with the community and we can work together to be effective in the way we can - seeing as we are restricted being a DAO + Blockchain + Coin.

IMPORTANT:​

We have gotten a violation strike from this. If we get 3 violation strikes our Google account linked to Youtube and other platforms will be suspended. This is why I brought it here. It affects all of us.

Options:​

Saying this, I can change the outro Call to Action to something more neutral like "Join The Community" or "Choose Privacy. Choose PIVX.". This would comply with what Google is asking (Mostly I think). This would be rather neutral and doesn't point blatantly to our services.
I can also remove advertising to citizens of the USA and UK. I don't think this would be an awful compromise, seeing as the above video had most views from India. Still a loss though.

Alternatively to all the above is we try to move to other platforms that are less restrictive such as possibly Rumble or Truth Social etc. We could sponsor Youtubers and Creators via and exchange rather than going through Google.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-12 125258.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-12 125258.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 16
I would say adapt content for individual platforms. We all know some are more leftard leaning than others and want to censor things but seeing something is better than nothing.

I have a feeling we'd have to "water down" the points driven by the ads (or completely remove any mention of a cryptocurrency) before it'd be allowed on Google, which will defeat the purpose of them, to advertise PIVX. For platforms like YouTube, Sponsorships of Privacy influencers is absolutely the better way, imo, but it may be more expensive as well, trade-offs to be made.
- JSKitty