What's new

Archived CoinStore.com: Exchange Listing and Marketing Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_Stanek

Active Pivian
DISCLAIMER:

The PIVX Core Team has had introduction discussions with representatives of the organization presented below. Ideally, ALL communication would be 100% transparent, but this is not practical, or even desired, at the introduction stage. It would create far too much low value information and interruptions for the Community. (Many are either not a fit for PIVX - such as services designed for ERC-20 tokens only, or are a flat out scam. There is no need to communicate all that info to the Community.)

However, as soon as PIVX and the organization believe there is a possible 'Win-Win' for the Community to be aware of, and the organization has made a presentation available that they wish to make public, we will then create a Pre-Proposal Discussion post in the PIVX Forum, like this one, and announce it. Ideally, such a Pre-Proposal should be created by the organization, but I am suggesting that in order to create a bias of moving forward, and to avoid helping many organizations climb the learning curve, a PIVian creates the initial Pre-Proposal for them. At that point, we ask that the Community get as involved as they can with questions, group chats, etc. in order to satisfy their due diligence, and better yet - to help shape the details of the proposal before it is submitted to the Network for voting by the Masternode Owners.

Once such proposals have received feedback, and are ready to submit to the Network for voting, then we can guide the organization on how to create the proposal and submit it to the Network. The proposal 'Author' will then be someone from the organization instead of the PIVian submitting the Pre-Proposal.

As the PIVX Core Team, or anyone from the Community, gets more and more involved with various Business Development efforts, there will be of course more Pre-Proposal Discussion posts like this.

In the past, the person submitting a proposal was the one asking for funds, and therefore the 'Owner' of the proposal. Of course that person supported the proposal and was eager to see it pass and get funded. However, given all the above, this is not always going to be the case, as in this proposal.

As such, I am presenting this proposal to the PIVX Community now for Transparency and Introduction purposes, but this submission does not imply I am endorsing/supporting this proposal. I am simply a neutral messenger, passing on the information. If I have anything positive/negative to add to this proposal, I will do so transparently in the comments below, as each of you may also do.

Organization:

CoinStore.com

Please tag @Kev_Coinstore in the #cointstore_com channel of the PIVX Discord.

Opportunity:

Listing on the CoinStore.com Exchange, Plus a comprehensive list of Marketing Support efforts.

Note:

I realize that for security reasons, not everyone wants to download and open a PDF, so I have converted the PDF presentation into images shown below. If you would prefer the PDF version, please DM myself or @Kev_CoinStore.

Presentation:

_cs_1.png

_cs_2.png

_cs_3.png

_cs_4.png

_cs_5.png

_cs_6.png

_cs_7.png

Added Notes:

CoinStore is aware a proposal of this size, will need to wait until the new Treasury rewards increase is in place. They are also open to spreading the payment out over more that one Treasury cycle. As such, the payout schedule has not been defined yet.

Conclusion:

Please ask your questions here in this forum post, or for more general interactive discussion, please tag @Kev_Coinstore in the #coinstore_com channel in the PIVX Discord.

Last edited:
I am attaching the standard 'Pitch Deck' that CoinStore offers. The plan pricing it contains can be ignored, as we are already being offered a better price that shown in it.

The file is too many pages for me to convert to screen shots for those of you that are adverse to opening a PDF for security reasons. There are online services that can do this for you if needed such as https://pdftoimage.com/.

Attachments

• CoinStore_Pitch_Deck.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 453
The following comments are from @jakiman almost 2 weeks ago:

CoinStore looks like a small exchange, with low trade volume, not tracked on CoinMarketCap, and no media coverage of them. They do have a 43k member Telegram channel with decent activity at least. and their exchange volume doesn't look to be that fake. Another interesting thing I see is that they only seem to have stable coin markets? USDT and BUSD markets only. That's pretty cool.

But yeah, is it worth listing on there for $30-40k? If we have plenty of money to burn, then yes. If not, no IMO. PIVX already has 2 x USDT listings on bigger exchanges (Kucoin and CoinEx). Kucoin is a world Top 5 exchange, with one of the biggest USDT markets in the world and yet, PIVX/USDT there only has $7,300 24h trade volume right now on it. Unless some whales really pick up PIVX on CoinStore, I expect our volume on there to be even lower than that.

That money (or partial) for now would be better spent on parking it in CoinEx's AMM pool, making our CoinEx's BTC and USDT market much more liquid and attractive. (while you also earn money from the money you put in there) Go here and see Liquidity pool tab on the right. https://www.coinex.com/exchange/pivx-usdt

If we were a very small project with no good exchange listings, then it may be worthwhile to pursue these smaller exchanges. Or if it was some country specific exchange with their own FIAT trade pairs, then it may be worth it to penetrate into new country markets. Or if listing on CoinStore opens some other doors for PIVX to get into other services... Or if this was a major addition such as Huobi, Okex, Gate.io, Mexc, Kraken etc, then yes for sure. But from what I can see, it's not worth spending $30-40k on CoinStore atm? (just my opinion btw)

Note from Eric:

We have since learned PIVX will be delisted from Kucoin. Regardless, the $7,300 metric above is a solid historical data point to consider.

CoinStore looks like a small exchange, with low trade volume, not tracked on CoinMarketCap, and no media coverage of them. They do have a 43k member Telegram channel with decent activity at least. and their exchange volume doesn't look to be that fake. Another interesting thing I see is that they only seem to have stable coin markets? USDT and BUSD markets only. That's pretty cool.

But yeah, is it worth listing on there for $30-40k? If we have plenty of money to burn, then yes. If not, no IMO. PIVX already has 2 x USDT listings on bigger exchanges (Kucoin and CoinEx). Kucoin is a world Top 5 exchange, with one of the biggest USDT markets in the world and yet, PIVX/USDT there only has $7,300 24h trade volume right now on it. Unless some whales really pick up PIVX on CoinStore, I expect our volume on there to be even lower than that.

That money (or partial) for now would be better spent on parking it in CoinEx's AMM pool, making our CoinEx's BTC and USDT market much more liquid and attractive. (while you also earn money from the money you put in there) Go here and see Liquidity pool tab on the right. https://www.coinex.com/exchange/pivx-usdt

If we were a very small project with no good exchange listings, then it may be worthwhile to pursue these smaller exchanges. Or if it was some country specific exchange with their own FIAT trade pairs, then it may be worth it to penetrate into new country markets. Or if listing on CoinStore opens some other doors for PIVX to get into other services... Or if this was a major addition such as Huobi, Okex, Gate.io, Mexc, Kraken etc, then yes for sure. But from what I can see, it's not worth spending $30-40k on CoinStore atm? (just my opinion btw)

Note from Eric:

We have since learned PIVX will be delisted from Kucoin. Regardless, the $7,300 metric above is a solid historical data point to consider.
Hi Jakiman,

To answer the question above, Coinstore is currently ranked top 20 - 50 with a total daily trading volume turnover of 160m$. Our users are more to the Pro-ASEAN countries, as most our users are from APAC region and we have total of 70+ token listed on Coinstore right now, and we considered ourselves young and fast growing exchange because we are just 1year+ old, and to achieve such ranking in Coingecko, is definitely what we are proud of.

Thus, to answer your question, is it worth on partnering with younger exchange;
Let me share on my thoughts;
Bigger exchanges will have hundred or thousand of project listing on their exchanges, and will they not be able to focus on a particular project to grow with. So, I believe is likely impossible for them to cater all needs and expectations from each of the project, and end up project is paying huge money just for the sake of listings.
In Coinstore, because we are relatively young, and we currently only have about 70+ tokens listed, and because of that, we are able to treat all project owner as our VIP clients, as we able to cater to project needs & expectations to reach the goal together.
Coinstore is not about just listing, and it will be more about how we are able to spend our time together as $PIVX partner, to come out with the best marketing plans & ideas to gain more exposure to the project.
That's the reason, why me and Eric spent our time together in a call to understand what $PIVX community wants, and Coinstore will cater accordingly to what $PIVX needs in the end.
If you look closely to the marketing options above, is all about marketing plans, & we plan to bring $PIVX all around the world to participate and showcase $PIVX in all crypto exhibition across the globe as Coinstore is also one of the main sponsor in all the big events.
This will also help to save cost in $PIVX, in term of renting booth, renovating, flight tickets, hotels, man power & etc, as we Coinstore will represent $PIVX to convey the message all around the world, and $PIVX core team can continue focus on their roadmap to bring $PIVX to a higher level.

Hope I answer the questions above. Thanks!🥰

Last edited:

Note from Eric:

Hello everyone,

I agree with the position of Jakiman, This is too expensive for a small, not well-known exchange, I see the need for the listing but I don't see these prices.

To my understanding these prices Include:

1 the listing for several PIVX Trading Pairs?
2. Promotion on exhibitions around the globe for coinstore but not especially PIVX and Pivx is only one of 70+ Coins/Token?
3. and several other promotions, from banner marketing email marketing, and press releases (while the press release part is the most expensive?

Information on coinstore from the internet :

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/coinstore.com - 0 ratings
https://xranks.com/coinstore.com - Rank >10 Mio (these ranks are still based on the old alexa.com ratings) (this means there were not many promos for coinstore itself and they have basically not many visitors)

Website worth:

https://www.siteprice.org/website-worth/coinstore.com 6148$ at the time of the posting
https://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/coinstore.com 0
https://trysiteprice.com/cost/coinstore.com 12217$

Scamcheck:

https://www.scamadviser.com/de/website-prufen/coinstore.com --> RATING 100%
https://scamcomplaintregistry.com/blacklist/coinstore-review/ ---> SCAM

The outcome is that coinstore has nothing special to offer that would be justifying these prices.

When starting with a promotion with a company like that one should first try with smaller amounts.

The last discussion I joined was about the funds needed for further development and therefore changing fundamentals, but now there is enough money for such a campaign. I have some problems understanding how there is enough money to be spent like this but there is not enough for developers so we have to change fundamentals.

Seeing the given conditions I can only say no to this suggestion. (no bad feelings)

With this amount of money, there can be launched huge banner advertising campaigns on crypto ad networks with millions of views which would have a better effect than being promoted by a small exchange and being just one of 70+ tokens.

The delisting from Kucoin is bad! But to my understanding, it's all question of the right marketing. When nothing is happening on Kucoin why would that change with the listing on coinstore

The first thing is to activate the faucet so more users can easily experience PIVX together with advertising on the right sites.

that's my point of view

best regards
flow11

Hey @flow11 thanks for the comments. With regards to your comments on confusion regarding how there can be funding for this, but no funding for development, please see the 'Added Notes' section at the bottom of the original post of this thread.

Hey @flow11 thanks for the comments. With regards to your comments on confusion regarding how there can be funding for this, but no funding for development, please see the 'Added Notes' section at the bottom of the original post of this thread.

Hi Erik,

I saw this but to my understanding, the decision to increase PIVX generation was made to pay developers firsthand. It was like: we cannot pay developers because the price is too low we have rarely 4000USD / month. and now after the decision was taken the first proposal is not to pay developers but to pay 14x the 4000$ to a 3. party for promo and listing. Sure there must be a promo, but in this financial situation where the fundaments were changed to pay developers right? That's what you were telling me in our last discussion, but what I can see is that the first " additional" coins are planned to be used for sth else. Also, there are much cheaper excellent promo options with ad networks with millions of impressions. I'm not generally against a listing on coinstore, but at a time where it's not necessary to create tens of thousands of coins for that. This is exactly the type of project/ suggestion that I feared, coins will be generated (devaluating all other coins) for projects that might not really have a big effect.

When spending 55k how many new users do you expect from that spent budget?
What daily trading volume do you expect?
What price increase effects will it have according to your calculation?

The outcome of this project should be measurable in a certain way. so what are the outcome values when the input values are 35k / 55k?

With the actual price of 18Cents, this will be 305555 additionally generated PIVX for 55k USD or ~ 0,44 % of the current total supply.

Hello again @flow11 .

Development has always been a priority and they were always paid, albeit not at a fair level at all. Yes, that fact was used as the main example why the rewards structure needs to change. But, it was one example. We need funds to spend on Business Development too.

You make good points. I'm just clarifying to make sure everyone understands. Funds for the developers making the rewards structure changes have already been set aside, but this proposal would indeed become active when the new rewards are available which is when we will want to negotiate with and pay, the new developers too.

You seem to be upset this Pre-Proposal has been submitted. I think it is wonderful such proposals are possible now. However, we absolutely should ask all the tough questions to make sure such proposals are a strong value-add for PIVX. Also, please see the final 2 paragraphs of the Disclaimer in the original post.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello again @flow11 .

Development has always been a priority and they were always paid, albeit not at a fair level at all. Yes, that fact was used as the main example why the rewards structure needs to change. But, it was one example. We need funds to spend on Business Development too.

You make good points. I'm just clarifying to make sure everyone understands. Funds for the developers making the rewards structure changes have already been set aside, but this proposal would indeed become active when the new rewards are available which is when we will want to negotiate with and pay, the new developers too.

You seem to be upset this Pre-Proposal has been submitted. I think it is wonderful such proposals are possible now. However, we absolutely should ask all the tough questions to make sure such proposals are a strong value-add for PIVX. Also, please see the final 2 paragraphs of the Disclaimer in the original post.

Thanks

Hi Erik :)

Well, I am still very concerned about the new coin generation scheme, Finally, I had to accept it. So one of my main concerns was that if it's going through it will be misused for unnecessary things. I'm not saying this is unnecessary but for me it feels like printing coins just because we can now afford it and not spending it for the main purpose of paying the developers, which you said was just one example but sounded to me as if it was the main reason why the core team came to this decision. Now, For me it feels like the first investment with additional generated coins is already not the best idea.

Also, the price to pay is much too high. Why should it be started in this dimension when we can start smaller or try different approaches.

What would be the listing price only for PIVX / BTC and PIVX USDT? so we can start with that and see what happens.

Printing money out of nothing just because we can do it is the same thing the federal banks do to keep everything running.

And no I'm not upset, I really appreciate it that it'S this way and we can talk and discuss. But I'm agaisnt any generation of coins where it's not clear if it helps as every additional coin devaluates my coins.
And in this case I can't see a clear defined goal but a high price. also the questions about the expected outcome from my previous comment are still not clear yet

but no worries. I'm open for discussion, but at this point the offer does not convince me at all when considering all the given information

Hello everyone,

I agree with the position of Jakiman, This is too expensive for a small, not well-known exchange, I see the need for the listing but I don't see these prices.

To my understanding these prices Include:

1 the listing for several PIVX Trading Pairs?
2. Promotion on exhibitions around the globe for coinstore but not especially PIVX and Pivx is only one of 70+ Coins/Token?
3. and several other promotions, from banner marketing email marketing, and press releases (while the press release part is the most expensive?

Information on coinstore from the internet :

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/coinstore.com - 0 ratings
https://xranks.com/coinstore.com - Rank >10 Mio (these ranks are still based on the old alexa.com ratings) (this means there were not many promos for coinstore itself and they have basically not many visitors)

Website worth:

https://www.siteprice.org/website-worth/coinstore.com 6148$ at the time of the posting
https://www.siteworthtraffic.com/report/coinstore.com 0
https://trysiteprice.com/cost/coinstore.com 12217$

Scamcheck:

https://www.scamadviser.com/de/website-prufen/coinstore.com --> RATING 100%
https://scamcomplaintregistry.com/blacklist/coinstore-review/ ---> SCAM

The outcome is that coinstore has nothing special to offer that would be justifying these prices.

When starting with a promotion with a company like that one should first try with smaller amounts.

The last discussion I joined was about the funds needed for further development and therefore changing fundamentals, but now there is enough money for such a campaign. I have some problems understanding how there is enough money to be spent like this but there is not enough for developers so we have to change fundamentals.

Seeing the given conditions I can only say no to this suggestion. (no bad feelings)

With this amount of money, there can be launched huge banner advertising campaigns on crypto ad networks with millions of views which would have a better effect than being promoted by a small exchange and being just one of 70+ tokens.

The delisting from Kucoin is bad! But to my understanding, it's all question of the right marketing. When nothing is happening on Kucoin why would that change with the listing on coinstore

The first thing is to activate the faucet so more users can easily experience PIVX together with advertising on the right sites.

that's my point of view

best regards
flow11
Please review the detailed information provided. Both Option A and Option B have ONE trading pair. PIVX/USDT.

I do see the value in PIVX being part of the various conferences that CoinStore will attend. But, I don't think we are ready for that now during our 'reboot'. We will have a hard time finding PIVians to attend. Then there is all the added costs of Travel and Accommodations as well as providing swag like pens, pins, t-shirts, hats etc.

I am curious what others think. It might be helpful for discussion and negotiation purposes if we are able to eliminate Option B at this time, and just focus on the value for PIVX from Option A.

Thoughts?

I do see the value in PIVX being part of the various conferences that CoinStore will attend. But, I don't think we are ready for that now during our 'reboot'. We will have a hard time finding PIVians to attend. Then there is all the added costs of Travel and Accommodations as well as providing swag like pens, pins, t-shirts, hats etc.

I am curious what others think. It might be helpful for discussion and negotiation purposes if we are able to eliminate Option B at this time, and just focus on the value for PIVX from Option A.

Thoughts?
Yes, I personally agree for PIVX to be part of the important conferences all around the world to gain more exposure.
Again, you can consider Coinstore as marketing ambassador for PIVians to showcase the project all around the globe. Coinstore have spent and focusing on the exhibition path, as this path is also one of our roadmap to gain brand awareness.
So, I do personally think that PIVX can always be parred towards the same direction with us, as we love $PIVX to be part of our journey.
I also do believe, no other exchange are offering this sort of services, thus, we are happy to be the first to do this. This is because we are young & fast growing exchange, and that's the reason why we are providing additional value to you.

This would save $PIVX core team alot of cost and also man power as mentioned earlier, as Coinstore will have dedicated event team to showcase & convey the message for $PIVX.
Of course, we would love to hear from the $PIVX community, if this direction will be favorable to $PIVX.
With all the feedback, we can always readjust plan based on PIVians wants at the option A / B later on.

NOTE: If PIVians also thinks that adding $PIVX into our future trading pairing "$PIVX/BTC" in Coinstore , would also bring additional use case and value to $PIVX, do feedback below.
Would love to hear from PIVians too!

Thoughts?

Yes, that is a value, but is it worth the price?

I do agree that we should first do option A if we decide to do it.

but still am interested in some expected outcome values from this investment as asked before.

So here are my questions:

1 What is the expected trading volume on Coinstore after the implementation?

2 How many new users are expected to join the Pivx network as a result of this promo? what is the Price for a new PIVIAN ?

3 Do you expect a price increase from these measures? If yes how much is the estimation?

4 How will this measure increase trading volume where there is not the necessary demand at that point and as a result it's delisted from Kucoin

5 What if we finally see it's not working, then all our coins are devaluated a little bit and the money is lost?

6 Is there any proof for the 850000 trading users?
When you look at the old alexa rankings from April which can be seen on xranks.com my sites with a few thousand users have rankings in the top 100k of all worldwide websites but coinstore with 850000 users wasn't even somewhere in the TOP 10 Million websites three months ago. This is a sign that they did not have that much traffic in April yet. How do I know that? ( I'm monitoring Websites since 2019 especially my own and my competitors and gained some experience with website ranking and traffic in relation) , this was pretty easy with the alexa ranking tool that has been deactivated 3 months ago.

That's why the following question comes up: How was it possible to gain that many users in this short range of time?

If there is someone with a ranking information and website tool like ahrefs.com he could have a look at the actual stats from coinstore and check the actual traffic stats (I don't have a premium account there)

I'm also curious what others think. hopefully, we get some more voices here

Thanks
flow11

A1: Answered already by jakiman.
A2: Don't think it is possible to know.
A3: Same as A1. Hard to correlate. Heck, we are up 40% since Kucoin delisting. Lol.
A4: Same as A1.
A5: How do we know it isn't working? What metric? Volume? Then Same as A1. Are you looking for a refund guarantee? Business doesn't work that way. :)
A6: Good question for CoinStore.

A1: Answered already by jakiman.
A2: Don't think it is possible to know.
A3: Same as A1. Hard to correlate. Heck, we are up 40% since Kucoin delisting. Lol.
A4: Same as A1.
A5: How do we know it isn't working? What metric? Volume? Then Same as A1. Are you looking for a refund guarantee? Business doesn't work that way. :)
A6: Good question for CoinStore.

searched but did not find the answer to my Question 1 in Jakimans comment above the only value he talked about was the 7300$ trading volume on Kucoin ? : which means also the others are still not clear to me after your last reply.

Basically, you are saying that the plan is to invest 35000 USD but do not have any specific goals or values for the outcome? Well when I spent my money I basically know what I get, there should be some reference values we can analyse to see the effect of that kind of promo like when this was done for another project or coin.

I'm not saying that it's not working, I'm asking what if it's not working. So then we just have wasted a huge amount of money but don't worry we can print new? No, I'm not looking for a refund guarantee, but if the funds were more limited the incentive to pay such high amounts without knowing the outcome would not be that high.

Also, another question will be how PIVX will be promoted at the conferences. Will it be displayed as just in of 70+ coins or will it enjoy some special presentation that other coins don't have? Will PIVX merch be given away there? What will be so special about the PIVX promo ?

The logic Jakiman mentioned about the $7,300 is the best we can work with. I don't know how you think there can be an accurate answer.

Sure, we should have goals and metrics. But, not everything is directly measurable. Sometimes, a lot of the benefits are indirect.

searched but did not find the answer to my Question 1 in Jakimans comment above the only value he talked about was the 7300$ trading volume on Kucoin ? : which means also the others are still not clear to me after your last reply.

Basically, you are saying that the plan is to invest 35000 USD but do not have any specific goals or values for the outcome? Well when I spent my money I basically know what I get, there should be some reference values we can analyse to see the effect of that kind of promo like when this was done for another project or coin.

I'm not saying that it's not working, I'm asking what if it's not working. So then we just have wasted a huge amount of money but don't worry we can print new? No, I'm not looking for a refund guarantee, but if the funds were more limited the incentive to pay such high amounts without knowing the outcome would not be that high.

Also, another question will be how PIVX will be promoted at the conferences. Will it be displayed as just in of 70+ coins or will it enjoy some special presentation that other coins don't have? Will PIVX merch be given away there? What will be so special about the PIVX promo ?
It will not be all 70+ coin in Coinstore going to be display there at a conferences. Maximum per conferences on special presentation will be 3-5 project only.
Coinstore will need to manage the manpower for each project to convey the message. So, when we comes to a partnership agreement, we will be providing the list of exhibition that we are attending in advances and PIVX team can decide if they want to proceed with that exhibition slot or not, or preferred on the next one.
Providing merch is one of them. Some other project that have been working with us, they do provides airdrops/giveaways/AMA Live in that event, & that would definitely catch alot of crowd attention in the exhibitions.

The logic Jakiman mentioned about the $7,300 is the best we can work with. I don't know how you think there can be an accurate answer.

Sure, we should have goals and metrics. But, not everything is directly measurable. Sometimes, a lot of the benefits are indirect.
Well depending on the site and active trading users it would be possible to make some example calculations based on the values of other coins to define at least a possible range. 7300 $ PIVX Trading volume on Kucoin in relation to what total trading volume, how many coins are listed on Kucoin, what is the percentage of PIVX trades etc. Like that there could be some possible outcome scenarios, The same one could do with the given coinstore data. It's clear that we can't predict precise values.

But according to your answers now it is like: hey we are investing but we don't know any results and if it fails who cares? It's like a surprise box, like gambling in storage wars. You can see the package but you don't know what's inside. maybe it will be the best decision, maybe it will be a failure.

And as this is a business decision, I definitely would expect some scenarios when investing such amounts. If it was a smaller amount I would say, okay let's take a risk. How can MNOWNERs evaluate this investment then and take a decision when not having specific values? I can't.

What are indirect benefits? And why can't they be measured? I'm really sorry but these unspecific phrases can't convince me, nearly everything can be measured. You have an input and you have an output and this is measureable

As I said before: Indicators to measure are: new users, new wallets, expected trading volume, and expected price increase. The Price increase and the network growth are factors that can be measured ;)

Why do you want to give away PIVX merchandise? What can we measure from that? :)
Erik why do you turn some of my statements in a way as I would have said things I did not say, In this case, I did never say I want to distribute merchandise. I asked what the promo includes , if PIVX merch is distributed. So how can you Say I want to distribute merch.

Also, this can be measured: Investment and distribution of PIVX merch in relation to additional network growth after that measure taken. Everything can be measured! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.