PIVX Core Wallet 3.4.0 Release (08/26/2019)
PIVX core wallet v3.4.0 patch update has been released with bug/vulnerability fixes.
- v2 Stake Modifier
- Block index batch writing for better performance and less DB corruption
- Fixed crashing at startup
- GUI improvements
- RPC, Testing, Build improvements
This is a mandatory wallet update, and enforcement will occur at August 30 2019 @ 16:00 GMT.
Please make sure to upgrade before this time or you may need to re-sync if forked off to wrong chain.
- Running 3.3.0 or lower? >>> Please upgrade straight to 3.4.0 ASAP!
- zPIV v1 to PIV conversion? >>> v4.0.0 will include this functionality.
- Exchange maintenance? >>> All have been notified to update.
Please take the time to fully read the release notes: Github
Download the appropriate wallet binary for your OS from the Github or Website
For Self-compilers, please use "git checkout v3.4.0" to compile. (not master)
How to Update
1) Gracefully exit/stop the current wallet from the wallet. (File - Exit or ./pivx-cli stop)As always, it is recommended to backup the existing wallet.dat file to a safe location before upgrading if you haven’t done so already via File -> Backup wallet and saving it in a different directory with a new name. If you use CLI/Linux, you can backup using the command ./pivx-cli backupwallet. If your wallet is not running currently, you can back up the file “wallet.dat” from e.g. Start -> Run -> %APPDATA%\PIVX on Windows by making a copy elsewhere.
2) Download and install the new wallet appropriate for your OS.
Linux/Rpi: Overwrite the existing executable files with the newly downloaded wallet binaries.
Windows: Install via the setup executable file and run through the setup wizard to install.
Mac OSX: Download .dmg file, open .dmg then drag PIVX icon to the applications folder icon. (copy over /Applications/PIVX-Qt)
3) Re-start the wallet. (Launch from your PIVX shortcut icon or ./pivxd for linux)
4) Once the wallet finishes syncing, follow this guide to ensure you are on the right network chain.
5) Upgrade completed.
P.S. If you are a masternode user, you must upgrade both the controller wallet & masternode wallet, then restart the masternode.
1) Will I lose my coins after the upgrade?
No, you will not lose your coins after the upgrade. In fact, we recommend everyone to upgrade to the latest wallet to benefit from increased security & stability that comes with it.
2) I'm having issues with my wallet launching, not seeing my coins, having issues syncing etc
Please check the Knowledge-base Articles here: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
or ask for help on the #support channels in PIVX Discord @ https://discord.pivx.org.
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release.