What's new

Archived Core DevOps Fuzz (Apr-Jun 2023)

fuzzbawls

Core Developer
Staff member
Code:
Title: Core DevOps Fuzz (Apr-Jun 2023)
Name: CoreDevOps-Fuzz-Q223
Term: 3 Cycles
Cycle Amnt: 15000 PIV
Total Amnt: 45000 PIV
Author: Fuzzbawls
Receiver: Fuzzbawls
Address: DBh9o9uRGohcDKpeiEyRiwtmTaTL3xDdev
Created: 2023-04-08
Vote Hash: 8f9c3c0fe4d85553e5c6c3f49fa133486724d67589a449e20782355abc16abe1

Abstract

This document outlines the funding and responsibilities for myself as a PIVX Core Dev and one of the maintainers of the PIVX-Project GitHub organization.

Responsibilities

As a Core Dev, my responsibilities include the following:
  • Review and test code submissions (PRs) for viability, accuracy, and compliance with our code standards
  • Research and develop code improvements (my particular area-of-focus revolves around build systems
  • Research and backport upstream improvements
  • Provide timely gitian sigs for releases, release candidates, and test releases
  • Assist in support team and exchange troubleshooting
Additionally, my own responsibilities that I have been undertaking include the following:
  • Primary maintainer of the gitian.sigs and pivx-detached-sigs repositories
  • macOS code signing for all macOS desktop software releases (PIVX-Core, SPMT, PET4L)
  • macOS 11+ (Apple Silicon) build and deployment compatibility (ongoing project)
  • Ubuntu PPA maintainer, ensuring that new release versions are pushed and that nightly builds are properly built (https://launchpad.net/~pivx)
  • Rust toolchain maintainer (customized toolchain to allow minimum supported linux OSes to run release binaries)
  • Chiabls 3rd party library build system integration and maintenance (https://github.com/PIVX-Project/bls-signatures)
  • Snapcraft maintainer (nightly and release versions) (https://snapcraft.io/pivx-core)
  • Run and maintain four (4) DNS seeders (2 for testnet, 2 for mainnet)
  • Track network/protocol upgrades and provide visual stats when necessary (https://seeder.fuzzbawls.pw/pivx/network)
  • Maintain the Doxygen developer documentation (updated nightly) (https://www.fuzzbawls.pw/pivx/doxygen/)
  • Maintain the code coverage report (updated nightly) (https://www.fuzzbawls.pw/pivx/regression-test-coverage/)
  • Coordinate and provide tracking (including historical data) for exchange/service update responsiveness
  • Transifex (core wallet translation) management and integration (https://app.transifex.com/pivx-project)
  • Build systems compliance and maintenance for multiple host OSes and toolchains
  • Maintain three (3) SPMT public RPC endpoint nodes
  • Maintain a testnet blockbook explorer (https://testnet.fuzzbawls.pw/)
  • Six (6) dedicated testnet MN nodes to ensure testnet always has the minimum number of MNs required
  • Two (2) dedicated testnet staking nodes to ensure testnet's chain continues moving at all times
  • Github org management (teams, permissions, repository rules)
  • PIVX Forum Proposal moderation (ensuring that proposal posts are prefixed/moved according to their on-network status)
Funding

The funding I am asking for to cover the continued duties and responsibilities listed above is 15000 PIV per cycle. The above lists are extensive in nature, but not exhaustive, and minor or nuanced tasks may not be listed. DevOps covers a rather broad range of tasks that, if done well, should really not be noticeable from an outside perspective.

Changes from previous cycle

As this is my first proposal submission since the expanded budget, I am finally able to increase my asking rate from 5000 PIV, which for the past years been below what is considered a "living wage" in my area, to a more reasonable but still modest rate of 15000 PIV that is more in-line with the amount and type of work/services being provided by someone in the same field/position. I've also provided web URL links to some list-items above to further transparency.

Donations and Receiving of Additional Funds

Any funds received by the proposal payout address from any source other than the PIVX network’s in-built budget distribution system will be considered as donations.

Voting

Qt GUI wallet users can use the built in DAO page to cast their votes. For console users, use one of the below commands.

To vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many 8f9c3c0fe4d85553e5c6c3f49fa133486724d67589a449e20782355abc16abe1 yes

To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many 8f9c3c0fe4d85553e5c6c3f49fa133486724d67589a449e20782355abc16abe1 no

Last edited:
image.png

So that I reply to votes made. This level of control from a voted in dev is not acceptable. This should concern all about the level of control a few have and in this case 1 individual has over a supposed dao.

It has been said you are kinda inactive and slow by devs currently working on pivx. The last devs that left also removed you from the proposals due to the same concerns.

My 2 piv.

@Gerrald Sorry. Although it has been explained to you countless times, you still don't get it.

@fuzzbawls was never voted in. He joined PIVX a long time ago and proved himself. Same for every dev who has ever worked on this project. None of them were voted in either. The fact that at some point along the way (or even at the start) a dev may ask for funding, is separate. In other words, MNO votes ONLY control the flow of funds. They do NOT control who works on PIVX. This is because PIVX is a Meritocracy. Please look it up.

If you know someone who can do a better job that @fuzzbawls , perhaps get them to join and prove themselves. I know that Fuzz is completely open to other experienced developers joining PIVX to help with reviewing PRs etc. That would be a great start for them.

View attachment 958

So that I reply to votes made. This level of control from a voted in dev is not acceptable. This should concern all about the level of control a few have and in this case 1 individual has over a supposed dao.

It has been said you are kinda inactive and slow by devs currently working on pivx. The last devs that left also removed you from the proposals due to the same concerns.

My 2 piv.
@Gerrald Interesting that you would write "This level of control from a voted in dev is not acceptable. This should concern all about the level of control a few have and in this case 1 individual has over a supposed dao." when you are emotionally voting against Fuzzbawls and myself due to not being able to reenter a Discord you were banned from. You are trying to control our work moving forward for no other reason than you can. You're the control freak, this isn't good having MN owners with this much power. Work will never get done.

You expect everyone to jump to your whims and expect us to believe you have changed. You push at people to fight your fight crying the victim game when you haven't stopped being an antagonistic prat for years. Recent history of paying bots to get people to join your toxic Discord instead of PIVX's Discord while cluttering up Twitter, and now voting the 2 of our proposals down because we are the only ones to call you on your ongoing bully tactics is proof enough. It would be different if Fuzz and I did nothing, if we weren't active, if we didn't produce positive outcomes for PIVX and couldn't work independently and within the team, but it isn't. We do all of that and then some. Not to mention we are both underpaid. There is no reason for you to vote us down other than your emotions are getting ahead of you again.

@Gerrald Interesting that you would write "This level of control from a voted in dev is not acceptable. This should concern all about the level of control a few have and in this case 1 individual has over a supposed dao." when you are emotionally voting against Fuzzbawls and myself due to not being able to reenter a Discord you were banned from. You are trying to control our work moving forward for no other reason than you can. You're the control freak, this isn't good having MN owners with this much power. Work will never get done.

You expect everyone to jump to your whims and expect us to believe you have changed. You push at people to fight your fight crying the victim game when you haven't stopped being an antagonistic prat for years. Recent history of paying bots to get people to join your toxic Discord instead of PIVX's Discord while cluttering up Twitter, and now voting the 2 of our proposals down because we are the only ones to call you on your ongoing bully tactics is proof enough. It would be different if Fuzz and I did nothing, if we weren't active, if we didn't produce positive outcomes for PIVX and couldn't work independently and within the team, but it isn't. We do all of that and then some. Not to mention we are both underpaid. There is no reason for you to vote us down other than your emotions are getting ahead of you again.
MN owners with this much power? It's taken years to be able to shift the power of control and it still is always changing. The MN owners are the control. They control the budget which controls who's in charge of certain areas. This is how the dao works. Wether you still are trying to live in this delusional land of that's not how it works this is how it really works. Don't get paid don't have that role.

We already have Jim draper stepping up to pull in the slack on social but I'll move to your thread to discuss your proposal this is fuzzs.

His emotional response of not liking mine and terriks personality when we always have had pivx best intentions and him being the line and refusing to even discuss unbanning everyone that should never have been banned for voicing a different opinion. That has crossed the line of devs involvement and someone that is voted in should not have that control.

@Gerrald Sorry, but there is a HUGE point you have missed, over and over and over. It would be impossible to do the math, but if we could, I am willing to bet that over 95% of the effort put into PIVX since inception in 2016, was VOLUNTEERED! Since volunteered effort is not dependent on the flow of funds, (Obviously, since it isn't paid for.) then it has nothing to do with MNO votes. This is what is meant by stating PIVX is a Meritocracy. PIVians gain power based on their reputation to deliver.

So, the sad thing here, is that you are basically telling the PIVians who have contributed the 95% of effort over the years, that they don't count, that they have no value, that they deserve no credit and no respect. That assumes you even are aware of the immense effort contributed. I suspect you don't. I am not sure which is worse.

Over time, you and 3 others were banned, but not for voicing a different opinion. I'm sure that whichever topic you are referring to, there are others still in the PIVX Discord, who have the same view as you do, but are not in danger of being banned. You were banned for the immature toxicity you brought into the discussions, and also I believe dox'ing.

I hope you finally realize who is being delusional here. Hint; it is either everyone else, or it is you.

@Gerrald I just realized something.

You think it is wrong to 'ban' someone from Discord based on their views. (I agree - as noted above, that's not why you and 3 others were banned.)

However, you are 'banning' people from being paid by the Treasury, because you don't agree with their views. (You should vote based on cost/value/results.)

To be blunt - you are being a hypocrite.

Borris was banned from the community discord for violating another member's privacy. I am not even the one who banned him, but it was a Discord TOS violation (in addition to being against our own server rules of respecting members, and against PIVX's mission statement that privacy is a right).

In the year+ since his ban, the only communications I've seen from him or on his behalf have been that of resentment, deviation, or outright lies...never a single sentiment of remorse, never an attempt at an apology, never an attempt at showing any signs of a change in behavior.

There is literally zero emotion involved in my position to maintain this ban, and resorting to extortion (a crime, and also against Discord's TOS) certainly will not sway any decision making on my part.

Discord holds individual server admins responsible for enforcing their TOS and community guidelines. To lift this ban under the current circumstances would only be inviting severe and damaging punishment from Discord itself, and that is not a risk that I'm willing to take.