Title: Core DevOps Fuzz (Jul-Sep 2022) Name: CoreDevOps-Fuzz-Q322 Term: 3 Cycles Cycle Amnt: 5000 PIV Total Amnt: 15000 PIV Author: Fuzzbawls Receiver: Fuzzbawls Address: DBh9o9uRGohcDKpeiEyRiwtmTaTL3xDdev Created: 2022-07-04 Status: Active Vote Hash: 6667e5de60bd44feef9bfe349b5393aca22118ca8229147841e0ae9c66f72b7b
This document outlines the funding and responsibilities for myself as a PIVX Core Dev and one of the maintainers of the PIVX-Project GitHub organization.
As a Core Dev, my responsibilities include the following:
- Review and test code submissions (PRs) for viability and accuracy
- Research and develop code improvements
- Research and backport upstream improvements
- Provide timely gitian sigs for releases, release candidates, and test releases
- Assist in support team and exchange troubleshooting
- macOS code signing for all macOS desktop software releases (PIVX-Core, SPMT, PET4L)
- macOS 11+ (Apple Silicon) build and deployment compatibility (ongoing project)
- Ubuntu PPA maintainer, ensuring that new release versions are pushed and that nightly builds are properly built
- Rust toolchain maintainer (customized toolchain to allow minimum supported linux OSes to run release binaries)
- Chiabls 3rd party library build system integration and maintenance
- Snapcraft maintainer (nightly and release versions)
- Run and maintain 4 DNS seeders (2 for testnet, 2 for mainnet)
- Maintain the Doxygen developer documentation (updated nightly)
- Maintain the code coverage report (updated nightly)
- Coordinate and provide tracking (including historical data) for exchange/service update responsiveness
- Transifex (core wallet translation) management and integration
- Build systems compliance and maintenance for multiple host OSes and toolchains
- Maintain 3 SPMT public RPC endpoints
- Maintain a testnet blockbook explorer
The funding I am asking for to cover the continued duties and responsibilities listed above is 5000 PIV per cycle.
Donations and Receiving of Additional Funds
Any funds received by the proposal payout address from any source other than the PIVX network’s in-built budget distribution system will be considered as donations.
Qt GUI wallet users can use the built in DAO page to cast their votes. For console users, use one of the below commands.
To vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many 6667e5de60bd44feef9bfe349b5393aca22118ca8229147841e0ae9c66f72b7b yes
To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many 6667e5de60bd44feef9bfe349b5393aca22118ca8229147841e0ae9c66f72b7b no