Cycle Amnt: 30,000
Total Amnt: 90,000
Author: Liquid369
Receiver: Liquid369
Address: DTybdnN8cxYP1H82VBBrtFfowWRminmP6o
Created: 11-06-2023
Vote Hash: 197834f74dbed71463eed6cca998937d96c629c89f3c14817d5d94999c8d344a

Liquid369 Proposal

This proposal is going to outline what has been done as an update to users and what will be continued in the next portions. It outlines some ideas for users and the responsibilities entailed overall.

Last Proposal Report

- Continuing Sapling research/growth to decently evaluate/review the rest of the potential shield work. Shield work is progressing but we need to expand to larger testing scenarios before approving
- Continuing working on Liquid369/rusty-blox, got past one of the bugs that were mentioned in the Superblock Report Database is built in entirety, took some time due to some transactions mined from testing in block history, persistence is available and completed, starting design work and mockups.
- Continuing TOR DMN work, converting codebase to utilizing only addrv2 or as much as possible in 6.0 The addrv2 format has been merged and implemented, Alessandro thought of a better method
- Working on a potential new release for PIVX Core interim before 6.0 Has been discussed but now needs more testing, and potentially a wider user testing before actual release, alongside some other features cleanups necessary before the testing
- If pre-requisites get merged, continue on BIP 174 work Still awaiting

Responsibilities:

- Maintaining PIVX Core and Repositories under PIVX-Project organization
- Coordinating between Core and Labs
- Reviewing and testing code submissions in both Core and Labs (organization rules is 2 approvals and reviews needed for anything to be merged from non-authors)
- Research and improve current code for optimizations
- Research and improve backports for our perpetual updating to BTC Core
- Maintain networking infrastructure and build some analytics
- Maintain explorer servers
- Supporting Community/Exchanges/Services/DEX all in technical regards for PIVX
- Coordinating with Marketing to bring accurate technical representations and promotions for PIVX development
- Maintaining regtest network servers for testing and infrastructure for others to use in testing new features
- Maintaining testnet network servers for testing and infrastructure for wider community testing features and new implementations
- Making overall PIVX Core development updates
- Maintaining ElectrumX servers for DEX's

What is Next?

- Starting production environment for RustyBlox
- Starting API and Frontend work in regard to RustyBlox
- Preparing and reviewing for MPW/PIVX Core upcoming releases
- Preparing and configuring testnet servers for data analysis, and testing potential interim release and new/upcoming features

Last edited:
Can you expand abit more on what has actually been going on? I check the github regularly and its almost none existent of new pull requests.

The only person I see doing anything that looks like 6.0 is advancing is panleone and duddino and has been accepting alot less funds for this aswell as doing work pivxwallet.

I have seen you doing work/checking on pivxwallet pull requests but this is not core work and from my understanding is just rechecking code.

So to the point does 30000 piv warrant the work that I and others can see? My opinion from info available, probably not.

Be good to see devs views who are more clued up and for a more in depth discussion of what is actually going on.

Can you expand abit more on what has actually been going on? I check the github regularly and its almost none existent of new pull requests.

The only person I see doing anything that looks like 6.0 is advancing is panleone and duddino and has been accepting alot less funds for this aswell as doing work pivxwallet.

I have seen you doing work/checking on pivxwallet pull requests but this is not core work and from my understanding is just rechecking code.

So to the point does 30000 piv warrant the work that I and others can see? My opinion from info available, probably not.

Be good to see devs views who are more clued up and for a more in depth discussion of what is actually going on.
So to clarify for you, the majority is in creating a new explorer for us in reducing tech debt from blockbook. There are some consistency issues we have been hitting there, so my work is in that, reviewing core and reviewing in labs. Now that the DB is done for the new explorer, it is moving to the other portion described in the post above. We have a regtest that we run locally in testing features and obtaining data, now we want to move many of those testing features into larger group testing. The "What is Next" describes what will be done outside of the main "responsibilities", my prior month was also getting up to speed on the ongoing Shield work to be able to properly assess the work. All while coordinating and working between the two groups for Core/Labs because each group works within both and requires a shifting of focus.

Hey @Liquid369 why does PIVX need yet another explorer? there are plenty of others already or are they missing some important info?

Hey @Liquid369 why does PIVX need yet another explorer? there are plenty of others already or are they missing some important info?
Great question, while working on MPW we have found out that at times there are UTXO's missing and other portions from the API returns, making it more difficult at times to work on certain portions. The idea is to replicate all the important API's necessary and make one that is more direct for us than generic so that we do not have any growth issues for MPW and bring more specific PIVX data to be highlighted.

I'm not seeing "core" work as I see anyway. The other core proposals are showing new code, dmn, shield etc. Your small number of pull requests are ports of "basic" prob not the best wording but more porting of updates.

Again I would rather some of the other devs chime in. Maybe a monthly report of dev work and their thoughts for each proposal would be beneficial for all proposals. We have seen what happens when devs disagree with others and wnd up leaving so their thoughts are needed.

If people arnt pulling their weight? Make that known etc. Not saying that for you personally but I feel your contribution is not core dev coding more sys admin and code checking which is also needed so maybe a different proposal is needed. I know you mentioned a new explorer but why create a new one when there are already loads. Zkbitcoin could of updated his.

My 2 piv anyway. Discussions are good.

I'm not seeing "core" work as I see anyway. The other core proposals are showing new code, dmn, shield etc. Your small number of pull requests are ports of "basic" prob not the best wording but more porting of updates.

Again I would rather some of the other devs chime in. Maybe a monthly report of dev work and their thoughts for each proposal would be beneficial for all proposals. We have seen what happens when devs disagree with others and wnd up leaving so their thoughts are needed.

If people arnt pulling their weight? Make that known etc. Not saying that for you personally but I feel your contribution is not core dev coding more sys admin and code checking which is also needed so maybe a different proposal is needed. I know you mentioned a new explorer but why create a new one when there are already loads. Zkbitcoin could of updated his.

My 2 piv anyway. Discussions are good.
Sure but its not the best thing to use someone to start a discussion, with things up in the air for me I have to look at other options.

Core work my pull requests are un-reviewed. Hard to want to do other things when mine seem ignored even after a discussion on what their purpose is. Core wise the upcoming stuff to be focused on, I was working on making sure they can be adequately tested and reviewed. The other stuff is trivial when I am working towards a release schedule for an interim release, pivx core 6.0, and having a much larger feature parity between MPW and Core. Porting of updates part of the job is continually updating to Bitcoin Core standards and from dash upstream for DMNs. New features? DMN is mostly an upstream from dash.

The superblock report is a monthly report of dev work and it attaches names to what and ongoing. Theres been updates for what I have been doing almost every report. Leacy is also starting up a development report from the Core team channels as well. So the reports are there for everyone and they come out on labs socials, core socials etc.

Theres needs to be met that do take away focus as trying to be everything for everyone can stretch a person thin. The old Devs had a mindset of things being out of scope for Core, well my mindset simply is, if theres something lacking, we as a team fill said gaps to keep it going. Theres still a need for more hands in management, developers, and others.

It sounds like you are nitpicking on the name vs whats outlined in the proposals because each time I do outline what the goal is and what has been done, maybe review those if thats necessary.

The new explorer is because the current explorers are being found to be insufficient in terms currently for MPW and needs to be more stable and catered to us to make more features. Currently we have separate infrastructure for MPW features where this way it can all be bundled into one. It can be a tech stack the team is more familiar with to work on, make edits and maintain. It also allows for users to have to setup less to add to the support of MPW or even their own local instances. There is a much larger vision at stake, its not just “lets replace this”. Zkbitcoins keeps his closed source, and we have currently 3-4 instances ran by each team member to have data for MPW, we cannot rely on just zkbitcoins explorer and breaks down the decentralized nature we are trying to create.

If we want to have discussions lets have them, but not where I am in a position of feed my family or talk to you because my job is in limbo.

Your job isn't in limbo but the question of funds for work done is in question for a "core" dev which you appear to do less core work than the others for the same price. There wouldn't of been enough funds for your proposal either way so I suggest putting in a lower amount to take the rest of the funds.

You have said yourself most of the work you have been doing is the explorer which is not core work although you say its needed, you have then been paid to make an explorer for core pay which is not right or fair to the others core coders.

Alessandro has also mentioned in his proposal about reviews and people not doing them. You are included in that group.

Last edited:
Your job isn't in limbo but the question of funds for work done is in question for a "core" dev which you appear to do less core work than the others for the same price. There wouldn't of been enough funds for your proposal either way so I suggest putting in a lower amount to take the rest of the funds.

You have said yourself most of the work you have been doing is the explorer which is not core work although you say its needed, you have then been paid to make an explorer for core pay which is not right or fair to the others core coders.

Alessandro has also mentioned in his proposal about reviews and people not doing them. You are included in that group.
No thanks, I cant do with that I will just have to find work.