What's new

DAOs; The Next Best Thing in Crypto.

Cryptosi

Active Pivian
📣 Attention PIVX Community! 📣
We've got an exciting new video for you, featuring our very own Hans Koning in conversation with the knowledgeable Cryptosi. They dive deep into the world of Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs) and explore their impact on projects like PIVX.
🎯 Key discussion points in the video:
  • The importance of treasuries in DAOs
  • Ensuring accountability through deliverables in DAO proposals
  • The role of governance in decentralized projects
  • Legal challenges and the future landscape of DAOs
This is an insightful and engaging conversation that you won't want to miss. Join Hans and Cryptosi as they share their expertise and discuss the future of decentralized governance. Watch, learn, and share your thoughts on the PIVX forums!
🔗 Check out the video here:
Let's keep the conversation going! 💜

The only thing I've seen happen since PIVX adopted a DAO structure is some lousy proposals and now a regulatory compliance feature built into the wallet. DAOs are not good. The best thing that ever happened to bitcoin was when Satoshi walked away from it and left it in the hands of everyone.
This is from the PIVX website: "We feel that if you are your own bank, you should have a choice in what direction the bank goes." When I first got into PIVX years ago, I didn't want some governing body to declare it a bank. But I guess only those who have enough PIV to run masternodes make the decisions, i.e., the rich get rich and more powerful. Things shouldn't be that way, and I'm seeing most of the formerly simple PoS coins go this route and find it shameful.

The only thing I've seen happen since PIVX adopted a DAO structure is some lousy proposals and now a regulatory compliance feature built into the wallet. DAOs are not good. The best thing that ever happened to bitcoin was when Satoshi walked away from it and left it in the hands of everyone.
This is from the PIVX website: "We feel that if you are your own bank, you should have a choice in what direction the bank goes." When I first got into PIVX years ago, I didn't want some governing body to declare it a bank. But I guess only those who have enough PIV to run masternodes make the decisions, i.e., the rich get rich and more powerful. Things shouldn't be that way, and I'm seeing most of the formerly simple PoS coins go this route and find it shameful.
You havent seen a single good proposal since PIVX became a DAO and you were here before governance was switched on? I'm immediately calling 'cap' (lies). Bitcoin itself has no on chain sustainability, it relies on outside help which is good for bitcoin not feasible for most other projects, plus comparing pivx to Bitcoin is a little bit silly. Finally, yes masternode only voting isnt ideal, we should certainly look at fixing that, but even models like COSMOS IBC have single coin voting and the power still concentrates, albeit with a lower barrier to entry, the issue changes from barrier to entry to apathy, how much impact will your 5 piv vote have anyway?

'Shameful' is the wrong word to use and pretty poor communication from yourself, youre free to leave at any time, Might I suggest Monero, they have no voting structure and rely purly on donations from community to get things built, this works for them and they are still able to build and develop a leading privacy alternative.

good day.