What's new

Exploring PIVX Wallet on My Laptop: A Beginner's Experience

judywatsonn

New Pivian
Hi everyone!

I’m new to the PIVX community and just started exploring the PIVX wallet on my AI laptop. I wanted to share my experience so far and ask a few questions to make sure I’m on the right track.

I downloaded the official PIVX wallet from the website and installed it on my Windows laptop without any issues. The interface looks clean, and I love how privacy-focused everything is. However, I have a few questions:

1. Staking: I’ve read that PIVX allows staking. How do I enable staking on the wallet? Is there any specific requirement I need to meet?
  2. Private Transactions: The privacy feature is what attracted me to PIVX. Can anyone guide me through the process of sending private transactions? I want to make sure I’m using it correctly.
  3. Security Tips: What are some best practices to keep my wallet safe on my laptop? I’ve heard about backups, but is there anything else I should be aware of?
I’m really excited to dive deeper into the PIVX ecosystem and would appreciate any tips or advice from more experienced members! Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Staking.

You can stake with any amount of PIVX. For HOT Staking, you need to leave your wallet running 24x7, and have it 'Unlocked for Staking'. That's it.

If you want to stake without your wallet running, follow the prompts and while your coins stay in your wallet, you are giving permission to another wallet to stake for you. But, rewards land in your wallet.

Your funds are not locked up. You are free to spend them at any point in the future with zero waiting. Your keys always stay in your wallet.

2. Private Transactions.

To move your funds from Private to Transparent, you just send them to yourself. So, in the Receive tab, click on Shielded in the upper right, and then click the 'Generate Address' button. Copy that address and move to the Send tab. Paste the address there in the Recipient field (yourself in this case) and then make sure the Transparent button is selected. Enter an amount and click Send.

You can experiment with a really small amount until you are more comfortable.

3. Security.

Make sure to encrypt your wallet with a strong pass-word/phrase. Keep a backup of that, along with your wallet.dat file, on a USB stick, at the very least. As your coin balance increases, it will make sense to do more homework on security.

You are welcome to use this forum to ask questions, but for more immediate support, and to join the Community to make friends around the world who can teach you lots more and way faster, join us at Discord.PIVX.org.

Cheers!