What's new

How to stake your PIVX

Jeffrey

Administrator
Staff member
1.) Make sure your wallet is completely setup and synchronized.
2.) The PIVX you have sent to your wallet needs to have a minimum of 600 confirmations
3.) In the PIVX Core client, click the LOCK icon and select Staking Only

4.) Enter your password and confirm.
5.) That's it your PIVX will now stake. and a successful staking reward will look something like this:

If you are using PIVX via CLI:
Simply navigate to where your PIVX-Daemon directory is and run the following command to unlock it for staking:
./pivx-cli walletpassphrase <passphrase> 0 true
To see if your your wallet is staking correctly you can run the following command after a few minutes to see if the status for staking is true:
./pivx-cli getstakingstatus

To get a rough estimate of your staking interest visit our rewards site:

hello ,
Does this mean that I do not need to keep my wallet running and active online 24 hours a day?
Just i put the coins- and do the steps you explained previously?
I am facing a problem. I do not have electricity and internet service daily ..daily i have just 5 hours eletric ON....
Thank you

hello ,
Does this mean that I do not need to keep my wallet running and active online 24 hours a day?
Just i put the coins- and do the steps you explained previously?
I am facing a problem. I do not have electricity and internet service daily ..daily i have just 5 hours eletric ON....
Thank you
Hey Kasim

Sounds like issues in my country too. To solve this I would recommend you cold stake. So basically another node stakes on your behalf. This way your computer doesn’t have to stay online and connected to the internet.

You can use mypivxwallet.org and store your PIVX there and stake from that website. Make sure you backup your mnemonic phrase.

Our official forum is here - https://forum.pivx.org/threads/my-pivx-wallet-mpw-the-most-powerful-pivx-lightwallet.873/

hey Mr Jeffrey,
thanks you a lot for send me mypivxwallet.org ...it good for me ..because of i cant be online ..and also it decentralise..SO IT SAFE..
i before 2 days until i can got ustd trx for buy crypto coins and PIVX...
yes now price high ..but what i do ..that my chance ....
if you have any NOTE....advice .....before i buy PIVX.and make staking it ...i be glad heard your advice ..
thanks you .

HELLO Mr jeffrey..thank you..I sent the first 1000 PIVX to a wallet https://app.mypivxwallet.org and it was received successfully..then i make chose stake option..
my question is it there in tap staking is option

Set your Cold Staking address .......and it has address start by SdgQDpS8j

The question is, should I change this address to my wallet address? Or leave it as it is?

My second question is when to buy more coin PIVX and send its to my address wallet in app.mypivxwallet.org for staking its..Does staking it work automatically or do I have to do that?
sorry for my english and annoy you..i try ask my question in telegram.but there no admin answer and full scam pm ..thank you again and good bye

Hey @kasim ali! Thanks for using MyPIVXWallet 🙏 💜

1. should I change this address to my wallet address? Or leave it as it is?
By default, the Cold Staking address is the Labs Cold Pool, this means that you can simply hit "Stake" without any configuration and PIVX Labs will perform the staking on your behalf 24/7 - if you'd prefer to setup your own Cold Staking server, then MyPIVXWallet supports that too! The choice is yours - there is no security difference to either option, however, you'd have improved privacy by using your own node, and you would rely less on a 3rd-party for your wallet to function.

Important Note: Cold Staking addresses and Standard Addresses are not the same thing - Cold Staking addresses are safe to use, even if they are a stranger's Cold Address, no loss or theft of funds is possible via Cold Staking.

2. when I buy more coin PIVX and send it to my address wallet in app.mypivxwallet.org for staking it... Does staking it work automatically or do I have to do that?
Since your wallet balances are split in to "Spendable" and "Staking", any coins you move in/out of the wallet are "Spendable" coins, so you will need to hit "Stake" to move the coins in to your Staking balance whenever you buy or earn PIV, you'll need to allocate it to Staking.

If you have Discord, feel free to join the PIVX Labs Discord (it can be joined from the Discord button in the bottom of MyPIVXWallet.org as well).

HELLO Mr jeffrey..thank you..I sent the first 1000 PIVX to a wallet https://app.mypivxwallet.org and it was received successfully..then i make chose stake option..
my question is it there in tap staking is option

Set your Cold Staking address .......and it has address start by SdgQDpS8j

The question is, should I change this address to my wallet address? Or leave it as it is?

My second question is when to buy more coin PIVX and send its to my address wallet in app.mypivxwallet.org for staking its..Does staking it work automatically or do I have to do that?
sorry for my english and annoy you..i try ask my question in telegram.but there no admin answer and full scam pm ..thank you again and good bye
You could never ask a question that could annoy us. Thank you for using MPW and for supporting PIVX. Let us know if you need further help after reading what my colleague has posted above.