What's new

Draft I Want Feedback on Proposal for Enhanced Staking Rewards Mechanism

Isabella1

New Pivian
Hello there,

I am in the early stages of developing a proposal aimed at enhancing the staking rewards mechanism within the PIVX network. As part of the pre-proposal discussion phase & I would greatly appreciate your insights and feedback on the concept. The core idea of my proposal is to introduce a tiered rewards system that adjusts staking rewards based on the duration and amount of tokens staked; The objective is to incentivize long term staking and increase overall network security.

Also i have Implement multiple reward tiers that increase with the length of the staking period & the amount of PIVX staked; Introduce a mechanism to dynamically adjust reward tiers based on network conditions and staking participation rates; Update the staking dashboard to reflect the new tiered reward system, providing users with clear visibility into their potential rewards.

Do you think the tiered reward structure is feasible given our current network infrastructure?
How might this proposal affect the security and decentralization of the PIVX network?
What are your thoughts on the proposed changes to the staking dashboard? Would it enhance your staking experience?:unsure:

If anyone have any knowledge please shareAlso i have check this https://forum.pivx.org/threads/zpiv-staking-block-data-analyticsreward-update.110/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

Thank you for your time and contribution to this discussion🙂

I haven't done the math, but I believe most everyone is already Staking, or running a Masternode. The only PIV not Staking is that on exchanges, or perhaps lost coins.

PIVX makes it extremely easy to Stake. Plus, rewards are significant. I'm not sure more motivation is needed.

Further, PIVX has always prided itself on giving everyone the same opportunity. That is, the % rewards are the same, regardless of the amount of coins Staked.

Also, for coin age, while that would be fair to anyone, I can see it weakens the security model. Currently, rewards are decided at random. This makes it impossible to know what node to DDoS for example. But, if there is a really old address, that would eventually become a DDoS target.

Anyways, I posted a link to this forum post in our Discord to hopefully get more feedback.

Last edited: