Cycle Amnt: 7,500
Total Amnt: 7,500
Author: JSKitty
Receiver: PIVX Labs
Address: DLabsktzGMnsK5K9uRTMCF6NoYNY6ET4Bb
Created: 9-08-2024
Vote Hash: 9cf7068fdf547dd0e623d0d6de47fd389f283dbdb52fa8d411f8d3593c666a8a

Abstract
This proposal outlines the beginning of a partnership between PIVX Labs and Cryptech Services, particularly in the area of the use of PIVX as in-game currency, with a one-time proposal.

This initial proposal pertains to a blending of PIVX Labs' own technologies (i.e: Decentralised PIVX Promos) with Cryptech's own services, such as their Project Zomboid multiplayer server, allowing for the fully decentralised use of PIVX as in-game items without the need for a custodian; as well as the inclusion of PIVX in their Play-To-Earn system, in which coins are "seeded" as in-game items throughout a vast world map, to players, this is akin to an "easter egg" hunt, with real scarcity, and real coins to be found.

Let's dive in to a breakdown of "what is happening", especially for non-gamers - as well as the expectations put forth in the partnership, and finally, requests or feedback from the community, before finally submitting.

Who, and what, is Cryptech Services?
A group of blockchain developers with various chain backgrounds (ETH, Web3 and PIVX-based chains), they use their knowledge to build various multi-coin services - such as Play-To-Earn games, wallets, smart contracts, payment processors, and they even create and sell custom hardware!

Squidicuz, an admin at Cryptech, is available in the PIVX Labs Discord under the "Cryptech Admin" role and #zomboid channel.

Cryptech is the owner of the PIVX-integrated Zomboid community server, which we'll be focusing this proposal on here out.

What is Project Zomboid?
Project Zomboid is a popular Steam (PC) game, with almost 30,000 concurrent players daily - "The ultimate Zombie Survival RPG"

1723196120281.jpeg

The game is intense, unforgivingly difficult, yet there's an extreme amount of fun to be had... the community is tight-knit and fun, players often collaborate and band together, forming factions, allies and enemies... some players prefer to be lone wolves, fending for themselves, others form war groups, others are passive and avoidant.

The nature of the game means a player can, at any mistake, lose their entire inventory from starvation, dehydration, from attacks, even just a bad cut on glass - and that inventory... includes their PIVX.
The ability to raid, kill, and steal from other players also means there's a fun, scary incentive with PIVX as an in-game element, can you trust your friends with your coins?

The experience is a 24/7 multiplayer RPG, and with Cryptech, PIVX becomes a part of that experience.

See more about the game on the Project Zomboid website.

*as a clarification note, Project Zomboid as a game and service - is not related to PIVX Labs or Cryptech Services - Cryptech Services is hosting a community server for Project Zomboid, PIVX Labs is partnering with said community server, not Project Zomboid.

What's happenin', and who gets what?

The idea of this proposal is to:
- Find full agreement between the PIVX (Labs) community and Cryptech Services, and align our deliverables accordingly.

And to fund:
- 3,500 PIV to: The Cryptech team for their integration work - as well as their integration of Labs' technology "PIVX Promos" in to their Project Zomboid multiplayer service.
- 2,500 PIV to: The Project Zomboid reward pool (i.e: in-game PIVX loot drops).
- 1500 PIV to: Labs-planned in-game events - including our own virtual meetup, with community moderators and players.

Economy Plan
As of writing, there's 4,022 redeemable PIVX "codes" in-game, each code has it's own value of PIVX assigned to it, randomly, with the lowest value being 0.25 PIV, and the largest being 25 PIV, the larger the value, the rarer the code.

0.25 PIV codes are the most common, with there being over a thousand of them around the map, and the rarer codes well-hidden in places players are unlikely to find, that said, the players that do will have a memorable experience!

Social Plan
Labs would like to use this opportunity to branch out PIVX deeper in to a space it's lesser known in: Gaming, and by performing virtual in-game meetups with the Labs community (and other players on the Cryptech server), we'll foster a stronger community, we'll grow our reach in a new space, and as the Cryptech server grows in popularity as a Project Zomboid server - it's playerbase will benefit us directly, too, in users adopting our wallet, and finding their first ever PIVX coin in their favorite PC game.

C'mon, who doesn't want to join a PIVX meetup that looks like THIS?

dance-project-zomboid.gif

Technological Plan
Integration of the PIVX Promos system means that players in-game will be able to redeem their coins, without any intermediary, directly from the game in to their own wallet.

Not only does this become one of the most fun, easy onboarding methods for gamers to PIVX - it's entirely non-custodial, in the spirit of PIVX, even if the game server dies, provided the user keeps a record of their in-game coin codes, they can redeem them using MyPIVXWallet.

A screenshot of the "PIVX Promos" integration for MyPIVXWallet v2.0, in which, players of the Project Zomboid server may redeem their PIVX.
1723198110040.png

Community Feedback
Now is your time to shine - feedback? questions? requests for Labs or Cryptech? The PIVX Labs Discord Server (#zomboid channel) is the best place to discuss this proposal, with a representitive of Cryptech available there, however, I (JSKitty) will also answer to any forum posts here.

Let's finalise this, together - as one of the cheapest one-time partnership proposals, we'll bring PIVX to the Gaming world for less than a node.

Last edited:
First off .... this is an incredibly well written proposal JSkitty. It is packed full of detail, hitting all the key points, while still being succinct.

Second, I think the next most valuable point, is introducing PIVX to a new Community, especially a gaming community. Freaking awesome.

Third, I love that you are leveraging existing efforts. Perfect example of efficiency and the motto 'we just keep building'.

Fourth, this seems like great value.

I do have a question though. I need to step away for a bit and will add that question when I return.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm confused how PIVX can be integrated into Project Zomboid, by Cryptech services, when they simply host a game server. Is this because the game is like Minecraft in that mods can be created by 3rd parties to plug into the game, and Cryptech is basically creating that mod for its server?

I would like to know more about the game's economy, in addition to the redemption of these 7.500PIV, will there be other types of turnover in the economy?
Because the future of any game in this style depends on the economy being well defined and planned from the beginning.
The proposal is sensational, congratulations!

I'm confused how PIVX can be integrated into Project Zomboid, by Cryptech services, when they simply host a game server. Is this because the game is like Minecraft in that mods can be created by 3rd parties to plug into the game, and Cryptech is basically creating that mod for its server?
Correct. The game itself is very moddable. We (my group) are hosting the server, and I created a mod that basically adds an item in the game to represent some amount of crypto (we call it a voucher)... and then is tied to something outside the game, via a unique code/key, so it can be redeemed on a website. We actually did something similar but more involved for Minecraft, back in the day... The current system for Project Zomboid Mod, relies on StakeCube.net acting as a custodian, for redemeption of the vouchers into actual crypto coins. From there, you can withdraw from your Stakecube wallet. We have a separate bucket on the platform for the voucher redeems. So far this has worked well. But could be done better using the Promos system as JSKitty proposed.

In the future, I want to use the Promos system to pretty much do the exact same thing as done currently in game for Project Zomboid with my mod.
Currently we are using this mod, It is released (unlisted) on Steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3110417949

Also, Hi everyone! ☺️

I would like to know more about the game's economy, in addition to the redemption of these 7.500PIV, will there be other types of turnover in the economy?
Because the future of any game in this style depends on the economy being well defined and planned from the beginning.
This is the "Third Season" aka round of the gamemode we have setup. We've been going for 8+ months now. We have 3 other crypto's in the game as well as PIVX now.
It is all more of a gloried faucet with scavenger hunt. Sort of like an easter egg hunt, but with zombies about... and the eggs are crypto rewards. It is a lot of fun and exciting finding the crypto hidden about. I think some players were using them for trades at one point? But mostly everyone is peaceful and shares the loot and works together or keeps to themselves. The world/map is very large, but resources may run out eventually... so it could get interesting. Figure the season will last several months, and not everything will even be found, which will roll over to the next round.