Cycle Amount: 22,500
Total Amount: 67,500
Author: JSKitty
Receiver: JSKitty
Address: DQCWT55CPBxiwDnFqPAet3rMx8K53WYcAM
Created: 10-06-2023
Vote Hash: 35968fe2237df91d2f7bf1f1c2063f9e92f15a1ae3a66260777c18559f14b889

Hello curious PIVian or Labsian!

I'm JSKitty 🐱 - Full-time Project Lead of the PIVX Labs team, and collaborator at PIVX Core.
Who is this? Click to get up-to-date on my last proposal.

This is my fourth proposal, in the form of an LRP (Labs Recurring Proposal) to renew my perpetual position in continuing to push PIVX to the next level.

I am the Project Lead of PIVX Labs, as well as a full-time developer for MyPIVXWallet.org - I manage the networking of Labs, assist in marketing efforts with both the PIVX Core marketing team and the growing Labs independent marketing team, work on 1-on-1 merchant adoption and integration for PIVX as a currency of payment, as well as cultivating the Community Development sector of PIVX to assist small aspiring leaders or developers to build their PIVX projects to their full potential.

What have I done in these last cycles?
  • MyPIVXWallet Development
The following are my Pull Requests that have been submitted to MPW during these cycles:

Important Pull Requests (with notable features or fixes):
- PIVX Promos Integration:
PIVX Promos is a fully decentralised, powerful on-boarding and marketing system, now integrated with MPW.
- Implement Dashboard Activity: MPW now has full transaction history! With a smart descriptor system, live syncing and mobile-friendly design.
- Add Explorer Auto-Switch: This massively improves MPW's stability, by being able to hop seamlessly between nodes during node outages.
- Add Versioning, Update Changelogs: MPW now finally has a versioning system, as well as user-facing changelogs, and update notifications.

Less Important Pull Requests (with less noticeable features or fixes):
- Activity Improvements: Various improvements to the Dashboard Activity system, especially in fixing lackluster performance and stability.
- Improved Payment Requests: Various improvements to MPW BIP21 Payment Requests; a bunch of black-screen bugfixes, Sending fixes, etc.
- Fixed CoinGecko ratelimits: For a while, MPW had issues in hitting the CoinGecko ratelimit, which has now been resolved.
- Fixed multiple UI-related errors: There were some common errors annoying users related to the UI, these were resolved.

Aside from my own work, I've spent hours dedicated to reviewing, testing and providing feedback to dozens of other developer Pull Requests; this is necessary to catch bugs early, prevent accidental (or even purposeful!) exploits or backdoors, and apply general Quality Control to the codebase.

• PIVi, the PIVX AI
PIVX Labs' AI, PIVi, has had various improvements for both productivity, DAO insights, or just plain old fun, such as:
- A topic system; allowing the team, or any community member, to instruct PIVi to setup channels with specific topics or tasks to perform.
- A proposal review system; PIVi can act as a pseudo-DAO-advisor, just give it a forum link and ask it any questions relevant to the proposal.

Below are the sillier improvements, really, you can skip this section, unless you're strange and enjoy entertainment.
- PIVi was trained with a custom Discord-API interaction system; allowing it to use Reactions, or even Kick users if PIVi feels like doing so.
- PIVi has a 3D video-audio Spongebob AI (<-- video here)... why? It was fun, only took a few hours of collaboration with a non-PIVX developer.

• Adoption, Listings and Marketing work
PIVX Promos: Success!
After a few weeks of brainstorming and design testing, I've finally finished, documented, and implemented PIVX Promos, a completely decentralised on-chain promo system, which allows anybody to Create (or Redeem) promo codes or 'gift cards', exactly how Amazon or Google cards look, while also being customisable with custom text and PIVX amounts; this system could be incredible for on-boarding purposes, and I intend on launching many social and ambassador campaigns utilising this feature in the future.

PIVX Promos offers a far more seamless on-boarding experience than the traditional "pass me your address" methods, why?
- It is portable; You no longer need someone's address up-front to give them PIVX, just toss them a short giftcode.
- It is flexible; Physical flyers? Pass by voice? QR codes? Take your pick, PIVX Promos are designed to be portable.
- The Creator pays the fees, so users redeeming PIVX Promos receive the exact amount on the card, no fees deducted, magic right?

Upon the release of MyPIVXWallet v1.0.0, PIVX Labs (in likely collaboration with PIVX Core team) will perform various marketing campaigns using PIVX Promos as it's on-boarding and engagement engine.

PIVX.Poker: Success!
After months of bug-fixin' from a Labs community developer: Luke L, we finally decided to give PIVX.Poker a full-blown stress test.
How'd it go? Brilliantly!

On May 14th we launched "Game Night", a marketing collab between Labs and PIVX.Poker in which a voice call, drinks and PIV-sats were shared, we had various players join, and over two hours of gameplay, there were no game-breaking bugs, and some folks walked away with a little extra PIV-sats in their pocket, good on them!

We will shortly be pushing these efforts further with proposal submissions to fuel further development and growth of the platform, under the direction of Labs, to grow PIVX.Poker in to a fun game that can be used to on-board new PIVX users through a popular game community, while also providing entertainment to existing PIVX community members, win/win.

Wanna try it out? Visit PIVX.Poker and grab your free starter chips. ♠️

The Superblock Report: Reboot!
It's known that the last Superblock Report was missed; this hasn't gone unnoticed!
As of this week, Labs is experimenting with a new reporting and compiling structure that intends to better aggregate information from both the PIVX Labs and PIVX Core team, with deadlines on when new report info can be submitted by either teams, and deadlines for our writers and Quality Control to finalise and review the content, this new structure should finally allow The Superblock Report to be a stable article without release deviations.

The next Superblock Report is aimed for the 13th, let's dive in to how this wonderful cycle has been... 🤟

Additionally, I've also been actively involved in marketing efforts for MyPIVXWallet, including creating social media content and engaging with the community from the PIVX Labs Discord and PIVX Labs Twitter.

What will I continue to do for the next two cycles?

- Continue what I've done for the last 8 months, of course!

The last proposal's "goals" in this same section were slightly off-course; with MPW Mobile lagging slightly behind on frontend work, however, it is making persistent progress, as is shown by the new Staking redesign, Settings redesign and overall app polish to align it closer to our final product goals: complete mobile-first design.

Additionally, due to other MPW and Labs commitments and generally lacking the development power (which has slowed down slightly with this month's temporary departure of Rezzi due to his studies), I was not able to start the integration of in-app swaps for MPW, this may be shifted to a v2.0 feature instead of v1.0, which is primed to release in the next week or two.

To be specific, in these next cycles, my points of interest are:
- Completing and releasing My PIVX Wallet v1.0: the very first stable and adoption-ready version of MPW.
- Furthering PIVX Promos: research and development in decentralised safely re-usable promo codes. i.e: allowing 1000 users to redeem one code.
- Finalise & Release MPW Shield: Shield has been on-hold with the low user demand and high integration friction compared to other MPW features.
- Add "Simple" and "Advanced" MPW modes: users will be able to customise their experience, catering to their crypto knowledge; in one click.
- Finally start the in-app swaps integration: I've been planning this for a long time, let's finally get it done.
- ... various other Labs projects & MPW improvements that I cannot predict ahead of time: goals change, priorities shift, but work will always happen.
- Cultivating the PIVX Labs team & community: PIVX Labs is the primary community besides "Main", we'll continue growing with independent values.

... want to add your own ideas for us to build?
Join and let's get it done!

I, and the entire Labs team + community, thank everyone who have supported our work thus far, and allowed us to prove that we can get shit done without too much messing around - we have some fun, it's what keeps us sane and grounded, down-to-earth, but we keep our direction the same: build, and do it right.

Thanks for reviewing my proposal, now's your choice:

Purple Pill (Vote Yes) | Red Pill (Vote No)

- JSKitty 🐱🔧

Last edited:
Very detailed proposal as always, and I really like the sound of this!
"Add "Simple" and "Advanced" MPW modes: users will be able to customise their experience, catering to their crypto knowledge; in one click."