What's new

Archived Marketing and Brand Strategist

danielle

Pivian
PIVXStrontium
Jul '18

Hi PIVians,
This pre-proposal discussion is to get feedback on my planned proposal as PIVX marketing and brand strategist.
As you may know, PIVX has been without several facets of an officially voted in marketing team these past few months. In that time, it’s fallen to active members of the marketing team to pull together and handle marketing as best they could, usually with no or self-funding. In this time, I’ve taken it upon myself to help direct efforts to keep marketing going alongside some dedicated PIVians.
Who am I?
I, Strontium, am currently a member of the marketing, QA testing, and ambassadors formal teams, contributor in the BizDev and Summits informal teams, as well as being a mentor and admin on Discord. Qualification-wise I’ve a broad range of tertiary study up to the master’s level in fields such as English, New Media, Psychology, and Strategic Communication.
Efforts so far:
I’ve been a part of the following proposals
White paper
  • Public release held back by devs for strategic reasons, but utilised in BizDev efforts
Test team
  • Ongoing efforts in which my roles are focused on UX/usability and documentation
Terminology/Style guide
Ambassadors
  • Ongoing and steadily growing, such as with the recent introduction of CaptainJack as a sponsored Japanese influencer
My efforts outside of the proposal system are numerous, but include
  • Spearheading of Blockfolio signal efforts (followed through with support by fellow core team PIVians)
  • Conception and orchestration of the ongoing dev marketing/awareness series marketing effort
  • Creation of a 7200+ word Business Analysis and Strategy internal use document
  • Creation of a ~1000 word organisational structure strategy internal use document
  • Ongoing creation of a Future-proofing surface level analysis internal use document
  • Ongoing creation of a Brand guide document update
This proposal:
My intention with this proposal is to officially take on a full-time role with PIVX as Marketing and Brand Strategist. I feel my breadth of skills and knowledge, strong relationships with PIVX the core team, and familiarity with PIVX place me in a unique position to suit this role. The following is a list of goals I have in mind
  • Promoting and utilising further intrateam and interteam communication between the marketing team and other teams
  • Unifying material put out by PIVX to adhere to the style guide and updated brand guide
  • Ensuring all official PIVX releases are proofread by someone capable, and that tech facts are checked with knowledgeable, respected core team members for accuracy
  • Managing and recording marketing material conception, creation, proofing, and release for accountability via spreadsheet or management software (depending on availability)
  • Refining PIVX’s image and limiting promotional material promote a more superior product image
  • Educating the masses on PIVX’s advanced technology
  • More aggressively attacking the competition with the support of a document of organised, dev-vetted tech facts
  • Developing cost-effective alternative marketing approaches that are low-effort, high-yield (guerrilla, controversial etc.)
  • Identifying and capitalising on unexplored marketing avenues and opportunities
  • Identifying and catering to specific audiences more often
  • Further capitalising on ambassadors and translators, as well as executing on marketing strategies for large international markets
  • Much more I prefer not to talk about due to sensitive nature
Initially I will draft up a marketing strategy document for internal use, which the marketing team will confer on and flesh out with the input of marketing team-members and other capable core PIVians.
The ask:
1000 PIV
for myself per month for 3 months. I generally dedicate at least 8, but up to 16 hours per day to PIVX on weekdays, and 4-8 hours on weekends (more if something big is happening). I feel this is a very reasonable price, but as this is currently in pre-proposal I’m open to feedback.
3000 PIV over 3 months + 55 PIV for initial proposal
TOTAL 3055 PIV over 3 months
Please leave any thoughts, criticism, or questions for discussion in the comments, and thank you for taking the time to read.
-Strontium
:space_invader: