Term: 1 cycle
Cycle Amount: 12,500 PIV
Total Amount: 12,500 PIV
Author: RedByrd
Receiver: RedByrd
Address:
Created: July 11, 2024

Hello PIVX!
Bare with me as this is the first time I submitting a proposal, so I'm sure I'm doing everything wrong! Please feel free to comment or make recommendations and I will adapt as we move forward. Many thanks.

Who am I?​

I’m …. old-new? Hello again. I’m an original PIVX investor & supporter and worked on smaller aspects on the marketing side of PIVX in the early years. I specialize in Educational Communication utilizing visuals as a tool to help drive messages home. I specialize in Animation and Design as well and Production Management for Science, Tech and the Visual Effects Industry. Essentially I’m a creative nerd. ;)

As I am just re-entering the PIVX community openly, I would love to submit this initial proposal as creative support for the existing Marketing and Communications Team for a 1 month term to re-integrate and determine where my talents and efforts may best be utilized. I am completely open to suggestions, advice and positive communication from the Community both on this proposal and with my work. I understand the value in the PIVX community and look forward to re-connecting.

As the owner of RedByrd, I have over 15 years of experience building custom videos and animations for a variety of industries. Including Science, Tech and Healthcare. I appreciate the beauty of a good pipeline and collaboration to ensure projects execute smoothly as well as on time and on budget. I believe strongly in creativity, efficiency and integrity in all aspects of business.

You can check out some of my highlights here (but be gentle, it needs an update and many of my projects are NDA’d.):
www.redbyrd.ca
Insta: @redbyrdstudio

You can check out the company that I worked with over the last year as a Production Manager here: https://www.wefx.com/

Proficiencies​

My experience extends from illustration to design, 3D animation to motion graphics and post production. I excel in project management and working within a multi-team environment when everyone is engaged. And yes…. I get that I sound super nerdy - but that is kinda who I am. :)

• Adobe Suite (Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
• Communication Management (Microsoft Teams, ShotGrid, Google Suite)
• Production Pipeline, Deliverables and Risk Analysis
• Brand Alignment & Marketing
• Storyboarding and R&D

Areas of Interest​

• AI and how this can assist Creative Production both in Static and Animated Creative Assets (eg: Memes, animated templates etc…)
• Animation, Design and Visual Effects

PROPOSAL​

Deliverables​

Support & assist the current Marketing Team in the following:
  • Youtube/Rumble Video Production including Shorts and Reels
  • News / Fastvertising ads/shorts
  • Youtube Paid Ads - static and/or vids.
  • Focused efforts on supporting Jeffrey and what he is doing.
  • Planning for Future Campaigns/Growth (September)
Note: (I’m gonna lean on @Hawtch for this as I’m new to this proposal process) These may fluctuate more or less given big news, last minute priority tasks, or anything else that may take precedence demanding design/marketing help. I give a list of Deliverables because it gives a task of substantial items to work on and show to the community - this and it also keeps me accountable to you all. In no way am I intending to do LESS, but I feel like this should be said because there is a level of flexibility that is necessary with these types of roles. This is my ideal and intended schedule. Saying that, I will still be putting in the same hours and effort!

Funding Breakdown​

• Work Hours: (($50cad x 20) x 4 wks or 1 cycle) x per PIV (mth average)
  • Cycle Length: 1 Cycle (1 month)
  • Total Quote: 12,500

Thankyou, and please reach out with any questions or comments.
Screen Shot 2024-07-11 at 4.48.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-07-11 at 4.48.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-07-11 at 4.45.30 PM.png

Hello Robin! 👋 You created the original PIVXcommunity banner for PIVX. Good to see you here.

Thanks LeacyMcK! Yes, I believe I did. lol If you have any recommendations or thoughts on how I can help PIVX, I'm open. :)

How is the structure going to work with you all @LeacyMcK @Hawtch @Robin .

Is hawtch going to ask for things to be made is leacy or both? Or maybe even neither and you create what you feel is needed?

These may fluctuate more or less given big news, last minute priority tasks, or anything else that may take precedence demanding design/marketing help.

Who will have final say of what videos you make so this fits in with your time?

Thanks for supporting PIVX! Glad your here.

Having @LeacyMcK @Hawtch and @Robin here is a dream team! Looking forward to seeing all of you work together to push PIVX forward.
I will do my part to keep you all up to date with what I am working on so content can be created, curated, planned and posted in time.

Is hawtch going to ask for things to be made is leacy or both? Or maybe even neither and you create what you feel is needed?

This is pretty common in most companies - workers who help multiple departments or people. It's a combination between communication and time management.

Luckily, Robin is highly professional (as far as I've experienced) and she has shown me that she is great with project/time management.
I think the content I am doing doubles up to help @LeacyMcK on the platforms she manages - so if Robin is helping me or LeacyMck it will most likely be helping/working with both of us.

This is pretty common in most companies - workers who help multiple departments or people. It's a combination between communication and time management.

Luckily, Robin is highly professional (as far as I've experienced) and she has shown me that she is great with project/time management.
I think the content I am doing doubles up to help @LeacyMcK on the platforms she manages - so if Robin is helping me or LeacyMck it will most likely be helping/working with both of us.
@Gerrald Thanks so much. I have submitted my initial proposal to re-introduce myself to the PIVX world. A lot has changed over the last years. I'm here to help and excelerate the coin in the best way possible for the community. I love seeing the new faces (!!) and the old (!!) and am completely open to suggestions and proposed priorities. The best work always gets done when we work together and have a plan. Please reach out at anytime with any suggestions.

@Robin I just wanted to know who has the final say. Who would you be reporting to and setting you tasks? We have just got to look at hawtch proposal on how it seems it wasn't even discussed of the main tasks and hierarchy.

@Robin I just wanted to know who has the final say. Who would you be reporting to and setting you tasks? We have just got to look at hawtch proposal on how it seems it wasn't even discussed of the main tasks and hierarchy.
I think these are both great questions. Is there a heirachy that is set out in terms of priority of tasks? That would be ideal. That way we can check and balance tasks and deliverables. Is this is play at this point? Do we have an over-arching marketing plan? @Gerrald Do you have guidance on this?

I think these are both great questions. Is there a heirachy that is set out in terms of priority of tasks? That would be ideal. That way we can check and balance tasks and deliverables. Is this is play at this point? Do we have an over-arching marketing plan? @Gerrald Do you have guidance on this?
I'm asking you. As I have been informed numerous times I just vote and have no information more than what is wrote on this forum. I'm trying to find out how this is all going to work, how you slot into the team, who's in charge, who's going check off your work etc.

An unwelcoming atmosphere was noted from hawtch but this has been resolved now, so have you all discussed what your plans and roles are going be? If so can you share?

If hawtch says can you do me this but leacy says can you do me this and your time only allows one who trumps who? This will be this hierarchy I am trying to understand. If your being slotted into a role you must know this already?

If then this all fails because it has been targeted wrong who takes the blame for that? Usually the buck stops at the top dog so it is information that is needed. If you have been creating amazing videos that you have been told to make for example but they have little impact or interaction who's to blame?

@Gerrald Thanks for your reply.
At this point, I have not been slotted into a role, but I am offering my video, design and marketing services to see if there is a good fit both ways. I'm open to speaking with anyone on the team that requires help. If there is a formal marketing plan already in place with quarterly targets etc... (please guide me to it so that I can review), then it seems we will have to take it one day at a time. I think open communication will be key which is why I was hoping to open the conversation. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing your ideas.

@Gerrald Thanks for your reply.
At this point, I have not been slotted into a role, but I am offering my video, design and marketing services to see if there is a good fit both ways. I'm open to speaking with anyone on the team that requires help. If there is a formal marketing plan already in place with quarterly targets etc... (please guide me to it so that I can review), then it seems we will have to take it one day at a time. I think open communication will be key which is why I was hoping to open the conversation. Many thanks and looking forward to hearing your ideas.
I'd love to know to. @LeacyMcK @Hawtch

Judging by these comments maybe this all needs discussing publicly of how everything is working. There is a core group of people that think they are pivx. Pivx is the dao which a vote decides so they can call themselves whatever they like but if your voted in for a spot that should be it, end of, easy changeover. This needs discussing. If someone was to be voted out guidelines need writing of how this process works. @Eric_Stanek your the "leader" of the "core" let's publicly discuss.

With you offering services that has then been supported by an already active proposal it changes how things are seen. Is this a backroom mates of mates thing if nothing has been discussed and actively pushed? How can you slot into a system without this being discussed of how this is going to work? Or has it briefly and with who?

Last edited:
I'd love to know to. @LeacyMcK @Hawtch

Judging by these comments maybe this all needs discussing publicly of how everything is working. There is a core group of people that think they are pivx. Pivx is the dao which a vote decides so they can call themselves whatever they like but if your voted in for a spot that should be it, end of, easy changeover. This needs discussing. If someone was to be voted out guidelines need writing of how this process works. @Eric_Stanek your the "leader" of the "core" let's publicly discuss.

With you offering services that has then been supported by an already active proposal it changes how things are seen. Is this a backroom mates of mates thing if nothing has been discussed and actively pushed? How can you slot into a system without this being discussed of how this is going to work? Or has it briefly and with who?
I don't think many of us had any knowledge of Robin returning, it wasn't a core group or old core group joint decision. Though it is good to see Robin here again. I personally only found out about this proposal and Robin's return when I came to the forum and saw it, just like you @Gerrald. Btw, Eric has not been part of core since right after Sparrow left, his roles were removed a long time ago.

In regards to the 2 Marketing proposals, I honestly don't know. I don't know how it will work out but I do know that Hawtch and Robin have worked well together before (Rhubarb days if I am not mistaken.) both have their own unique style, and have done well for PIVX.

It's a bonus they both come to us with backgrounds in what PIVX has been weak in, Marketing. I will be honest again that it has been a long few years without Marketing. This isn't bragging but a fact, I had to work to make this project appear like we had an okay marketing team for just over a year. When Jakiman, Ambassador and Snappy abruptly left there was a huge void and it was hard to do. At times there was a couple members that wanted to tackle Marketing but they left, Shorn was starting to get movement for PIVX with SEO work, planning of future events etc but had no choice but to leave. Marketing has always been a 'led by the seat of your pants' experience to me. We try new ways because old ways aren't working, unfortunately new techniques, ideas, work, takes time. How do we gage a proper, positive, dynamic Marketing scheme if we keep having to get a replacement?

Hawtch has since stepped in with a direct plan to go after Crypto's largest group of users but has been at it only for a few months. He is still getting the kinks out of his plans, his goals for PIVX's growth. He is learning what is working and what isn't. We can see his work so you know he is active. Now Robin has entered the picture and from the looks of her proposal which is focused a lot on Hawtch's work, you can see she has great experience but is being smart and honest by saying at first she will need to work with Hawtch to learn the ropes. I would much rather read that then promises that will disappoint. I know Robin will be creating also so it won't just be about her sitting around and watching Hawtch. Her input will be valuable having done similar but different types of marketing.

I feel confident that both Hawtch and Robin will work well together in not duplicating material and in working with @Jeffrey and myself and any community members that has an idea to benefit PIVX. Having 2 people with experience in Marketing we can get back to creating SEO targets, more short videos... We can get additional paid advertising out further and to other audiences and markets, Hawtch has documented that Twitter isn't the best place to do it which is backed up by their ridiculous games with algos. Recently one of our members looked at what countries would be best to get involved with, there is also the ambassador program. PIVX's list of exchanges grows thus giving us new eyes, and new reasons to market to those areas and audiences. The list is endless.

I do not have Marketing experience but I do have an audience savvy when it comes to knowing what our socials want and like. I have appreciated working along with @Jeffrey with a lot of the exchanges and partners, they have helped me understand their own audiences, likes and dislikes, thus getting to know other cultures and backgrounds. I have built up relationships along the way with these groups and enjoy working with each of their marketing teams and getting their perspectives. Which makes me feel confident once again in saying that having @Meerkat's expertise in creating graphics and web design, and now @Hawtch and @Robin's expertise with being able to create videos and more advertising/fastervising marketing, I feel we can finally get somewhere. Perhaps get more information charts out, smaller version of PIVX documents to quickly educate, or coin comparison charts. The audience has never wavered from liking tech talk, we have actually gotten so far away from dumbing things down that I feel we need to up the game again. These are my thoughts only though. Sorry @Robin for taking over for a little bit but wanted to answer Borris. It's been ages since we really worked at proper marketing with more than one person, doesn't hurt to try.

@Gerrald I was never leader of the core group. No one was. No one is. PIVX is a DAO. Because PIVX is a DAO, people submit proposals for what they want to work on. No one is told what to work on.

Also, I don't recall the exact time frame, but I bet it has been well over a year, (perhaps 2 years?) since I asked for ALL my Discord roles to be removed. I also handed off control of all servers and domains. Since then, I have not had access to any PIVX Core discussions.

You are correct that PIVX Core is not PIVX. No one ever said that it was. The Community as a whole is PIVX. The 'Core' team are a select group who have proven their skills, dedication and trust, and are very active in moving PIVX forward. Having a category like 'PIVX Core' is no different than having a category called 'PIVX Labs' or 'PIVX Marketing' or 'PIVX Ambassadors'. I really don't understand your fascination with the word 'core'.

It also sounds like you think Robin and Hawtch have competing proposals/roles. Not at all. Just as we want a large Software Development team, we also want a large Business Development team AND a large Marketing team. With respect to the Marketing team, as it grows, they will figure out where they each fit in best to support each other, and will then likely change their titles accordingly. This is normal.

Hope this all makes sense.

Last edited:
@Gerrald It bugged me I was guessing at the date. So, I asked an Admin to dig for the exact date.

I remember as an Admin, I was able to remove all of my own roles, except the Admin role itself. This is my request to have that role also removed, and it was done immediately.

1000014090.png

So, Feb 4th, 2023, just under 18 months ago, I became a 'normal' user, with no role color or badges attached to my user name, and no access to all the Core discussions.

Of course, the DAO just kept moving forward, as it always has.

Since then, I have had the same access to information as any other respectful and trusted PIVian in the main Discord. I find that is more than enough info for me to make informed decisions for voting on Governance proposals, while letting the teams do their thing as they see fit, without me being in the way, asking too many questions or micro-managing.

Last edited: