Name: LMP - PIVX.org Squad Term: 1 Cycle Cycle Amnt: 45,000 Total Amnt: 45,000 Author: Kyeno, Meerkat Receiver: Kyeno, Meerkat, PIVX Labz Address: DMaDCokSX1qCG9mQuWws7aBq8EA2pB3PXi Created: 2023-11-08 Status: Active Vote Hash: 5c02cc418e6090cb1a0f9cc8782e6eec21ad078f2d3ee2c5229924e8a2f8cb2a
PreambleAfter quite some time of drifting around different projects, teams, holidays and various other situations thrown at us by the life itself... We. Are. Back!
...and we're here to help bringing even more awesomeness to PIVX.org and the PIVX project itself.
It's been a while since we truly "touched" anything-PIVX... and the time flies forward mercilessly.
New bugs have been discovered, the key selling points of the project itself have shifted from "going deep" (enormous amounts of core development) towards "going wide" (a lot of side-projects development + integrations), some things and some partnerships proven to be cumbersome... and the whole world moved forward as well.
AbstractThis proposal's price is also a Christmas gift for the team. For this premium price you will be getting two multi-skilled team members with about 40 years of combined tech experience - Meerkat being a UX ninja, fast-paced designer and front-end developer, Kyeno being a marketing consultant, full-stack developer, software architect and a UNIX/Linux sysadmin working - and both of us working full-time for an entire month. During this time we want to address as many of the website issues and revamps as we can possibly fit in. The plan, however, is somewhat divided into many categories or potential situations/events:
"The Plan"1. First and foremost we want to focus on PIVX.org website. That will generally include:
- "Claiming" MPW the official "light wallet" for PIVX and putting some design emphasis on that
- Flagging old/improper White Paper obsolete; switching emphasis on the new/updated one
- Integrating/pointing towards more useful, third-party PIVX projects that happened in the meantime like docs.pivx.org, toolbox.pivx.org, pivx.poker (if community wants/agrees) and PIVCards.
- Looking around/fixing other bugs/issues found; yet here without a PROMISE that all of them are going to be resolved this month (f.e., if something ultra-major is found or encountered that needs a total revamp, this may take more than a month of work and after consulting with community may be moved to next/another proposal)
- Tweaking/finetuning/upgrading the stack a bit (it's dated); not entirely removing the technological debt of course as this would be more longitudinal process again, but at least slightly strengthening up wherever applies
- Reanimating the Web2Discord bridge and the "support chat" previously done via the PIVot bot. Slightly revamping both the UI and logic according to community's needs. One idea is to actually power it with the PIVI bot's AI initially and only throwing the end-user to Discord if AI is unable to resolve the problem
- Enabling + potentially finetuning fancy stuff like the snowflakes and snowy graphcis for the winter; launching 3D fireworks for 01/01 , maybe more!
- Generally reacting to community's needs, ideas and reports whenever it comes to the main web itself.
- Iterating over mockups, finetuning, conslting (within Labz)
- Designing the layout graphics
- Deciding on the web technology used (within Labz)
- Building the UI and connecting it with the backend (hopefully "alpha/mvp" version reachable within this month)
Ideally we would want to redo PIVX.org quiiite a bit; including the whole design language and presentation; putting less emphasis on the tech alone, and more on things that may be important for a regular bread-eater.
We do have plenty ideas about it (once discussed with @Sparrow), but this in general would definitely be a more longitudinal process. Still - if point 2 does not fire (and we heard it is currently "uncertain"), we would try to utilize any spare and extra time mocking it up and iterating.
AdditionallyMeerkat offers herself to contribute in variety of social media designs, "postcards" and whatever is required - as she previously did in strict collaboration with @LeacyMcK or other team members.
Kyeno offers himself to support PIVX Labz and PIVX Community members with various technical issues (hardware, software and programmatic)
VotingTo vote yes:
mnbudgetvote many 5c02cc418e6090cb1a0f9cc8782e6eec21ad078f2d3ee2c5229924e8a2f8cb2a yes
To vote no:
mnbudgetvote many 5c02cc418e6090cb1a0f9cc8782e6eec21ad078f2d3ee2c5229924e8a2f8cb2a no