What's new

PIVX 4.1.1 not responding

kbmason

New Pivian
When I open the wallet, I get a not responding message soon after it begins syncing. I have tried downloading the snapshot (twice) and following the instructions, but the result stays the same - not responding banner and the only thing that responds is the minimize and close buttons. How do I fix?

I deleted all the folders noted in the instructions, plus the two files, then copied the new ones. I've actually done this twice now, same result each time.

When I open the wallet, it appears to be working, gives me the "Please wait until the wallet is fully synced to see your correct balance" message. However, if I click on the title bar (or elsewhere), it shows "(Not Responding)" in the title bar and nothing will do anything other than the minimize and close buttons.

I deleted all the folders noted in the instructions, plus the two files, then copied the new ones. I've actually done this twice now, same result each time.

When I open the wallet, it appears to be working, gives me the "Please wait until the wallet is fully synced to see your correct balance" message. However, if I click on the title bar (or elsewhere), it shows "(Not Responding)" in the title bar and nothing will do anything other than the minimize and close buttons.
Could you please provide me with your debug.log file. Feel free to DM me here on the forum with it.

Also when you open it up can you try not click anything and let it load? see if waiting a bit resolves it too.

@kbmason Thank you for sending me your debug log file, It seems your timezone settings are incorrect. This is sensitive and can cause the blocks to not sync. I would recommend you use this tool
http://www.timesynctool.com/

It will automatically update your time to the fastest NTP server and correct it, Once you have this running please try run the wallet again.