Title: PIVX.CORE.DEVELOPMENT Name: Core-Dev-Oct2021 Term: 2 Cycle Cycle Amnt: 22.5k PIV Total Amnt: 45K PIV Author: furszy Receiver: random-zebra & furszy Address: DE9ERJojTPbNSUVUjsZgGfLbozrGHfdYdS Created: 2021-10-07 Status: Active Proposal vote hash: 573e9010b99f8ef47b66d2a77696f9993b0964857ac30a2d1dbea3df695cd786
What does this proposal cover?
This proposal covers PIVX Core development expenses for the last part of the year (Oct-Dec 2021), including Core developers salaries, explorers and testing infrastructures, app UX designer and bug-bounty reserve.
What is the proposal funding?
The PCD proposal is submitted by random-zebra and furszy. We have been in charge of the development and maintenance of the PIVX reference client (including the research and implementation of new features, the maintenance and testing of the whole platform, as well as the design of counter-measures, during network issues or attack attempts) for the latest 3 years (charts link).
Here is a brief list of the latest deliverables, chronologically ordered:
* zc smaller Signature of Knowledge research & impl.
* zc bulletproof research & impl.
* zc light node protocol research & impl.
* Fake stake report.
* zc wrapped serials exploit.
* zc final exploit research.
* zPIV deactivation.
* zc v2 public spends.
* Design and implementation of the "cold staking" protocol.
* zc v1 public spends using Schnorr Signatures.
* v3.4 PoS time drift solution.
* New MN messages signatures.
* New v4.0 PoS time protocol.
* v4.0 brand new GUI wallet (design & impl).
* Hierarchical deterministic wallet implementation.
* Tier two network revamp.
* Privacy protocol research.
* v5 new SHIELD data protection network protocol implementation.
* Sapling wallet and keys manager.
* Budget payments system, masternodes system and cold staking open attack vectors fixes.
* Huge performance improvements v4.1 / v5.1, network stabilization and overall software fixes everywhere in the sources.
* v6 research and on-going development (Deterministic Masternodes, new special transactions types, new Masternodes proof of service, budget proposals GUI work, budget system overhaul, Chain-locks, Shield Masternodes rewards)
* Tor v3 onion addresses client and network support.
* The new graphical user interface for the governance system.
* Lot of performance improvements and much much more.. including all of the non-core work over the explorers, SPMT/PET4L and different net/wallet libraries written in other languages.
We invite everyone to visit github’s repositories for a deeper perspective of what is going on and what will happen in the upcoming months.
Same as in the previous proposal, the addition of the application UX designer and frontend developer neoperol to the team in the past proposal has not gone unnoticed, thanks to his designs and mockups, we have been able to move forward with the long awaited governance system graphical user interface . Can found the PR link with demo videos here. It's now fully ready to get merged, and will be released in the coming v5.4 release.
In the following months, he will be working on the deterministic masternodes new features visual flows. Which goes from a new creation wizard for the roles divisions (owner, operator, voter), the capability to set a different payout address for the owner, a reward percentage and payout address for the MN operator, among others.
The community devs / bug bounty funding pot will continue receiving 3k PIVs for any future bug bounty and/or community development reward. There were some great reports made by external contributors (one of them was one of the main causes for v5.3.0 network upgrade).
Please everyone feel very welcome to continue contributing with this awesome project, we are looking forward to work with you and reward your contributions accordantly!