What's new

Archived PIVX core team slush fund April 2022

Sparrow

New Pivian
SUMMARY:

There were discussions taking place on who should submit a proposal for the available balance, what it should include, and how it should be redistributed.

For the first time in a long while there are extra funds available from the treasury. I would like to ensure these funds are available for the following projects

1) New Virtual Ambassador program (meetings will be held in anonymous virtual meeting platform meet.pivx.org) based on language NOT physical region
Funds would be used to 'tip/coffee' participants at the end of the meet. (please not currently Ambassidors are not paid and are 100% volunteers)
2) Funding for Ambassadors to have Discord Nitro Paid for by treasury. (suggested by ONeZetty) $99 USD per Ambassador per year.
3) Development bounties to add features to myPIVXwallet to get it running on Testnet in multi language for use in on-boarding new PIVX users.
4) I would like to re-coop costs to run servers for toolbox.pivx.org testnetfaucet.pivx.org and meet.pivx.org plus proposal fee.
5) all remaining funds will be used at the discretion of the core-team

I apologize for the lack of detail, this proposal would ideally be better suited for May, but hopefully in another month or two we will have many many proposals competing for treasury funds.

I am not going to give Voting instructions here, since we now have a BEAUTIFUL IN WALLET Voting System that makes it easy! :)

Last edited:
As per:

1) New Virtual Ambassador program (meetings will be held in anonymous virtual meeting platform meet.pivx.org) based on language NOT physical region
Funds would be used to 'tip/coffee' participants at the end of the meet. (please not currently Ambassidors are not paid and are 100% volunteers)
2) Funding for Ambassadors to have Discord Nitro Paid for by treasury. (suggested by ONeZetty) $99 USD per Ambassador per year.

I would like to disperse 1600 piv to ONeZetty
600piv for his subscripton to Discord Nitro and 1000piv to continue his work as Ambassador to 'tip/coffee' participants.

Marketing is currently the #1 priority for the PIVX team.
Our research shows that current trends in social media (in order) are:
#1 Community
#2 DAOs
#3 Privacy
#4 NFTs

PIVX has 3 out of 4. In order to focus on growing PIVX we need to grow our social media team and supply them with quality graphics as well as updating the website to better reflect the PIVX project.

MeerKat has been supporting the PIVX team in many ways
- Her responsibilities range from reacting to urgent or planned needs of PIVX Community and MBD Team, creating graphics for those needs, or changing website (HTML/CSS).
- She is currently working on graphics for badges and rockets, and website updates and improvements.
- She has completed graphics of: Bank versus PIVX, PIVX DAO Roles structure chart, PIVX on Crypto.com (with an update to a Homepage), Tupac Community Quote.

I am proposing to distribute 5000piv to MeerKat to enable her to continue to support the Marketing and Social media team.

I am proposing to gift 1000piv to Bouilla to help offset costs incurred representing PIVX at the Bitcoin Conference in Cyprus

I have dispersed 3495 Piv to Sparrow (me) for:
Proposal fees
Whiteboard video creation
Discord Badge graphic creation