What's new

Archived PIVX Education + Formalizing EC Position

danielle

Pivian
Fused_Helios
Nov '17

Note
Title in console is PIVX-Edu-And-EC due to length constrictions.
Abstract:
I (@Fused_Helios) will create a weekly educational video series. This series will educate viewers on PIVX and cryptocurrency in general. The intention is to create the best channel on YouTube for new entrants to learn about Crypto. PIVX supplying this channel will draw new faces to PIVX and increase our credibility.
In addition this post will formalize my position as the Exchange Coordinator for PIVX. Yes this mashup is odd and the reason will be detailed later in this proposal.
Video Series:
When I was first introduced into PIVX, I was presented with Dash School, a 6 part series created by Amanda from Dash to teach people the bare bones basics to crypto. This was how I learned the baseline for crypto. Had I found this source independently without a Pivian guiding me, I would have drawn the conclusion that Dash was probably a better fit for me. They did a really good job with this series and it’s one of the better resources in Crypto.
I believe that PIVX should not only have their own version of this series, but an entire YouTube channel devoted to this purpose. I propose we create a channel that educates newcomers on Cryptocurrency. This channel will teach people about PIVX, the origins of Crypto, blockchain, PoS/PoW, and more. The idea is not to exclusively promote PIVX, but create a source of educational material sponsored by PIVX. If we can successfully create the best source of information like this, newcomers researching Crypto will inevitably come across PIVX and find detailed, digestible sources of information on PIVX.
I will be creating one video per week. This video will be between 5 and 20 minutes. The ideal target will be 10-12 minute videos as that length is easy on the viewer and favourable by YouTube. That being said, smaller topics won’t be padded out, wasting viewers’ time as it can bother some people. In addition, longer topics won’t be half explained just to save on time. I would also like to regularly gauge the PIVX community for what topics they would like covered and how the videos can be improved.
The current setting is to have me in front of a whiteboard, so that I can draw visual aids on it. Equipment will be provided by me and some of the funding will be used to expand and upgrade that array of equipment over time.
Exchange Coordination:
Last budget cycle I proposed a full-time Exchange Coordinator position. A growing issue in the community has been our dependence on Bittrex and a lack of major exchanges accepting PIVX. In response I put up that experimental proposal. While a number of people liked the idea, it was too expensive and the budget couldn’t afford it. There is more than enough room for it at this time, but after doing it part time as a volunteer for the last month, I no longer feel this is a valid idea. Hence, I decided to shift my efforts to an area I felt would be more productive and beneficial to PIVX.
That being said, after testing the waters as a volunteer, there is a need for an official Exchange Coordinator. It is just not a full-time position. What is needed is a person that makes themselves available 24/7 to officially communicate with service providers. This person needs to keep a list of exchange and service provider contacts for when they need to be updated on changes in PIVX. Whether it is during the standard work day or 3am, they need to be available for emergency updates, like what happened with the Libzerocoin issue. They also need to be publicly available for these organizations to contact for questions, updates, and/or negotiations. This position only needs someone part time, but the person filling it does need to be prepared to spend extra time capitalizing on opportunities that present themselves.
Without someone doing these things and checking off that all have been done properly, it can be very easy to forget to have a service update their wallet, resulting in them being off chain. You also end up with multiple people spamming exchanges information they have already received. Essentially the position keeps things organized and professional instead of chaotic.
This part of my proposal is that I will fill this role. I would like to have made this a separate proposal, but I feel that the position is worth 100 PIV per month. Given that this proposal will only be for 3 months, the fees would cost 33% of the total proposal. So, this proposal needs to be tacked onto something else. If this proposal passes, we will have three months to figure out if people are satisfied with my performance and a better way to incorporate the position.
Effort:
Video Series:
I will release one educational video series per week
Editing, filming, equipment, and all other facets of the videos are my responsibility
Promotion of the videos will be managed by me
Community feedback will be gathered and utilized to better the channel
Exchange Coordination:
Updating service providers on PIVX updates
Act as point of contact with outside service providers
Follow leads to put PIVX on more services
Coordinate/encourage community efforts to be listed
Act as customer service for grievances from service providers
My phone number will be held by three core team members for emergencies
Duration:
Three Months
Funding:
Video Series: 500 PIV/month - 1500 total
Exchange Coordination: 100 PIV/month - 300 total
Voting Details:
Vote Details:
Proposal Name:
PIVX-Edu-And-EC
Vote Hash:
29d02b4f088bc651cf2afea5fffdac9479a3a6f10ae3aabe9b2dc7e2729bc58d
To Vote YES or in favor:
mnbudget vote-many 29d02b4f088bc651cf2afea5fffdac9479a3a6f10ae3aabe9b2dc7e2729bc58d yes
To Vote NO or against:
mnbudget vote-many 29d02b4f088bc651cf2afea5fffdac9479a3a6f10ae3aabe9b2dc7e2729bc58d no
To check status:
mnbudget getinfo PIVX-Edu-And-EC